It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fossilized "Root" and a rectangular "Porthole" on Curiosity Sol 438, 439

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Odd anomalies. Something don't match, as usual, in the weird environment of Mars... I've found something that appear like a "root" and a rectangular "porthole" and frankly I don't know how they were formed...

The "Root"
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The "Porthole"
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Don't know about the first pic, but the second one is just WOW.
Arken brother, I nominate you for the Nobel prize in space exploration, this is your best finding.
I wish those scientists from MSL could look more closely on this anomaly, there's too much right angles.
WOW! Thank you!
edit on 1-12-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: my bad english

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Thanks for your kind words.

But I'm sure that we have only scratched the sand from something thet goes beyond our worst imagination. There is much more and more amazing up there....
Cheers.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
great pics arken!

the bottom pic is cool!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why don't you post both with full view as well. The "root" is clearly the same kind of rock as the others in the surroundings. All are long and similar shapes.

The "root" doesn't have a fork at the end, if you look to the left of it, most of it is covered in sand. It has an "L" shape and it's just the tip sticking out.

The second has a cut along the base of the rock which seems to line up with the top of the "port hole", I don't really get what kind of "port hole" it is, unless there are little martians living inside the rock.

edit on 1-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho brother, take no offence please, your post may very well be ODD (obsessive debunking disorder).

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
ODD is obviously incurrable.
First pick is a rock!!
Second pick is a very interesting looking..............wait for it......................rock.

If there is anything to be seen it would be particularly obvious that it wasnt natural and not a rock! If you look at any previously inhabited lanscapes on earth and guess what its obvious when something is unnatural!

Your persistence is commendable but your obsession is misguided.

Dont OD on ODD which would be ODODD.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by boncho

Boncho brother, take no offence please, your post may very well be ODD (obsessive debunking disorder).

And Arken's threads might be obsessive pareidolia.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by boncho

It's funny because I nearly clicked out of the thread thinking, "Hmm, that is peculiar looking." But then I realized, blurry, out of focus, and out of frame pics often look like that.

edit on 1-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Here's the full image of the "porthole" , it looks geological to me but hey .

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Careful Gortex, ODD might be contagious!

Next thing you know our loved ones will be telling us the jewelry we bought them for christmas isn't real gold.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Careful Gortex, ODD might be contagious!

There are many on this site who would say I was infected years ago .
The real problem here is with BES ...believe everything syndrome

I agree the first picture is of two unconnected things .

edit on 1-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I honestly can't see what is supposed to be highlighted there. I see rocks... and more rocks I'm afraid.

Cool images though.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes, now I see that the right "branch" in the first pic is not a branch at all, but the top of the rock that seems to be under the branch. That rock is actually larger than it appears, and fills the whole space under the right branch. Because everything in that area is the same color and texture, the upper parts of the rock close to the branch are camouflaged against the background sand, giving the illusion of being able to see under a thin raised structure.
But why does NASA not point this out straight away and avoid all the speculation? Notice there is a strange sort of distortion in the photo above the "branch", like a heat haze. I wonder whether that is evidence of Photoshopping. Why would anyone do that, you may ask? Perhaps many of these unusual "anomalies" are just fakes, set up like straw men to be eventually knocked down, debunked, in order to undermine the public's growing suspicion that there really is extraterrestrial life.

edit on 1-12-2013 by captainradon because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by captainradon

But why does NASA not point this out straight away and avoid all the speculation?

They are too busy doing important stuff on Mars to comment on every rock , Pareidolia happens we know that they know that and I guess anything that keeps the mission in the public eye is all good ... remember what happened when the public lost interest in the Apollo missions .

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Don't know if it's a root, in Australia there is a place known as 'The Pinnacles', which is a desert of rocks that have been eroded due to the wind rubbing sand against the rocks.

Also you can say on earth that it is impossible (or extremely unlikely) for that indent on the rock to appear on earth, but this isn't earth, the weather is more extreme and the temperatures (that could possibly cause rock to fracture) is more extreme.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The second one is very interesting.

While there is a rock layer separation on the same line as the top part of the square, i cannot see how the two vertical lines might be from a natural split of layers. Very odd.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A root? It's obviously a buried Martian, rest in peace, who has one hand sticking out of the sand with two fingers pointing to the sky. He lived, he died, the dust covered him, and now he has started to emerge again just in time to give Earth the finger (well, two fingers, but who's counting?).

The second pic, the portal, is just the martian version of a safety-deposit box. It's a safe, where someone keeps his rocks.

Arken! The man who sees the past of Mars through sand-covered glasses. But the Spine, Arken, the world needs to contemplate the Spine (that may actually be something, or at least to this non-professional observer of the weird and the wonderful).

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

iRoyalty
Don't know if it's a root, in Australia there is a place known as 'The Pinnacles', which is a desert of rocks that have been eroded due to the wind rubbing sand against the rocks.

Also you can say on earth that it is impossible (or extremely unlikely) for that indent on the rock to appear on earth, but this isn't earth, the weather is more extreme and the temperatures (that could possibly cause rock to fracture) is more extreme.

That's what it is, a fractured rock, it looks to be shale like, you can see other fracturing further to the left. Around the area you can see examples of 'slate' lying about, the rocks are all very brittle and dry looking.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah I think you're right, all in all, not very convincing that there was once life on mars. The data NASA have been researching on is more revealing than a small, thin (probable) rock, also, why would the root point up?

Keep an eye on the photos from mars, but probably only worth saying something if you've found something solid. The spine was pretty amazing, but could still have been rock, since everything is the same colour there is no way to be 100% sure, and something as ground breaking as life on mars you can't afford to be anything less than 100% sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join