It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fossilized "Root" and a rectangular "Porthole" on Curiosity Sol 438, 439

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I more often than not find myself asking why I bother with mars rock threads.

You sir, have blown my mind. I NEVER thought I would ever see something like this. I hoped but didnt believe.

Just damn. This is an incredible find. Second picture is Obviously artificial. Wow!

thanks.
edit on 12 6 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by Arken

I more often than not find myself asking why I bother with mars rock threads.

You sir, have blown my mind. I NEVER thought I would ever see something like this. I hoped but didnt believe.

Just damn. This is an incredible find. Second picture is Obviously artificial. Wow!

thanks.
edit on 12 6 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)
I am somewhat sceptical to say the least in Ark's rock oddessy but he says hes been banned for Nasa site annd cant access it via his phone or computer. Who knows maybe he did find something thats not a rock. Was this his last thread?

What is interesting about this image to me is not so much about rocks but the ground around the rocks. Its sandy where the anomoly is sighted. But thats just sand as rocks are just rocks.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think the second pic got you blocked from the NASA site
That one is NOT EXPLAINABLE!!!
Gonna post it to my other forums!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I guess sometimes I don't see what's in front of my face. I totally missed the rectangle-cut and had focused my attention on the little opening above and to the right of it. But yes, very interesting. That seems very artificial, and although I'm not usually a conspiracy buff (although I have some faves) on a stretch and in a movie this may be the reason you (Arken) have been banned from NASA on-line sites (you may just have to use public machines until that sorts itself out). Again, Arken's picture:

I zoomed in and it still seems like an artificial cut, and although rights angles have appeared in nature it's likely rare to find a perfectly grooved three-sided right-angle in a rock face. In my first post in this thread I called the opening I was looking at a safety deposit box, but that description fits this one even more (maybe I saw it subconsciously and was all la-la-la, looking at the hole a little higher up).

Now I have to go back over the thread and see if anyone has explained it.

(A few minutes later): I read the thread and nobody has posted a picture of an earth rock-face with such clean angles on three sides. So at a minimum it's an interesting natural phenomena, like blondes, but I would like to see someone who is not me do some angle-measurements, calculate some odds of this occurring naturally, and to go up there and poke their fingers into it. So a belated "Nice find" to Arken, and although the long odds say this is just a rock with a statistically interesting fracture, it is again something, like the spine, that NASA should have spotted and moved the rover to take different perspective and directional pictures of to ascertain the depth and exact angles of the fractures/cuts.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Arken

I guess sometimes I don't see what's in front of my face. I totally missed the rectangle-cut and had focused my attention on the little opening above and to the right of it. But yes, very interesting. That seems very artificial, and although I'm not usually a conspiracy buff (although I have some faves) on a stretch and in a movie this may be the reason you (Arken) have been banned from NASA on-line sites (you may just have to use public machines until that sorts itself out). Again, Arken's picture:

I zoomed in and it still seems like an artificial cut, and although rights angles have appeared in nature it's likely rare to find a perfectly grooved three-sided right-angle in a rock face. In my first post in this thread I called the opening I was looking at a safety deposit box, but that description fits this one even more (maybe I saw it subconsciously and was all la-la-la, looking at the hole a little higher up).

Now I have to go back over the thread and see if anyone has explained it.

(A few minutes later): I read the thread and nobody has posted a picture of an earth rock-face with such clean angles on three sides. So at a minimum it's an interesting natural phenomena, like blondes, but I would like to see someone who is not me do some angle-measurements, calculate some odds of this occurring naturally, and to go up there and poke their fingers into it. So a belated "Nice find" to Arken, and although the long odds say this is just a rock with a statistically interesting fracture, it is again something, like the spine, that NASA should have spotted and moved the rover to take different perspective and directional pictures of to ascertain the depth and exact angles of the fractures/cuts.

Are you using a laptop? Because when I look at the image and tip my laptop forward so I am looking at the screen at a more acute angle the rectangle shows up as an outline but nothing else does?
See the emage in GOTEX's post. Or was that LATEX. TEX anymay
Do you see the same?
edit on 7-12-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

tipped the screen but what you describe didn't happen on mine, the entire pic faded as the angle was lower. Are you saying the lines were shopped in? because it would have to have been at NASA since they appear on the original rover pic.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A high resolution version of the second image of the OP can be found here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The feature in question, slightly enlarged (normal & white-balanced):

edit on 7-12-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Oops you can see the same face of a girl that you see on other
sites on mars.
Intriguing.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Aleister

tipped the screen but what you describe didn't happen on mine, the entire pic faded as the angle was lower. Are you saying the lines were shopped in? because it would have to have been at NASA since they appear on the original rover pic.
with the laptop open to 90 d I then lift the laptop by the front to 45 degrees

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite

Aleister

with the laptop open to 90 d I then lift the laptop by the front to 30 degrees

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite

Aleister

I suppose it could just be a natural fracturing aay from the main rock body albeit in a very uniform and unatural looking way. An even better close up would help.
edit on 7-12-2013 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join