It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker dies in car accident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

JackSparrow17
For all the kooks here that see a conspiracy in everything:

"Something was wrong..."

"...attributed to power steering leak..."

NO there wasn't any drones. (WTF?!) NO the guvment wasn't trying to kill Paul. Every time a celebrity dies, all the wackos come out of the woodwork claiming an insidious conspiracy. GEEZ! It's exactly what I thought it was at the beginning! I used some logic and reason to deduce that Roger Rodas most likely would not have lost control of the car unless a mechanical failure occurred. Speed combined with no steering, plus possibly (given the stalling issue) a fuel rail leak cause this. I would hazard a guess that the fire started before impact, possibly around the same time the steering failed. He (Rodas) probably barely had time to hit the brakes before slamming into a light pole, spinning and hitting the tree broadside. They most likely died on impact, mercifully, I might add. Burning to death is not a pleasant way to go.

Wow.
You're pretty new and haven't contributed much here, yet you know about "every time"? If you don't like conspiracy theories, you're in the wrong place bub.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

A) I've been a spectator on here for quite a while before I decided to throw my hat into the ring, and

B) I've noticed an overwhelming amount of wild conspiracies not contained to this site, including YouTube. Crazy nutter stuff alleging a hollow earth or lizard people, celebs faking their deaths or being assassinated. And while I enjoy a good, realistic conspiracy, that brings me to point...

C) There's a distinct difference between conspiracy and moronic, drooling, drinking the bongwater gibberish. For example, saying somebody may have tampered with the car, messed with the steering or brakes. That's conspiracy. Saying that a drone bombed the car? That's idiocy. Bub.
edit on 3-12-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

There's a difference between a 'conspiracy' and just flat out make believe. Anyone who subscribes to anything other than a car wreck isn't using critical thinking. There's new footage from a CCTV camera showing fire and smoke only. There's evidence of power steering fluid leakage prior to the crash, there's skid marks, there's a tree leaning to one side. But no, it must be a drone strike right? A drone strike not in the street mind you, but right beside a tree where a car isn't supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

JackSparrow17
reply to post by Bilk22

A) I've been a spectator on here for quite a while before I decided to throw my hat into the ring, and

B) I've noticed an overwhelming amount of wild conspiracies not contained to this site, including YouTube. Crazy nutter stuff alleging a hollow earth or lizard people, celebs faking their deaths or being assassinated. And while I enjoy a good, realistic conspiracy, that brings me to point...

C) There's a distinct difference between conspiracy and moronic, drooling, drinking the bongwater gibberish. For example, saying somebody may have tampered with the car, messed with the steering or brakes. That's conspiracy. Saying that a drone bombed the car? That's idiocy. Bub.
edit on 3-12-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)
Why is a drone strike "idiocy"? We know a few things as fact. 1. Drones are patrolling our skies. That's not disputable. 2. The law allows for the killing of American citizens without trial and when they are considered a "threat". That too is not disputable. 3. Arming of these drones has been discussed and may have been implemented. So moving along, the conspiracy of whether or not a drone strike killed Paul Walker is just as fathomable as the brake line being tampered with, because of the new paradigm. Bub

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by Bilk22

There's a difference between a 'conspiracy' and just flat out make believe. Anyone who subscribes to anything other than a car wreck isn't using critical thinking. There's new footage from a CCTV camera showing fire and smoke only. There's evidence of power steering fluid leakage prior to the crash, there's skid marks, there's a tree leaning to one side. But no, it must be a drone strike right? A drone strike not in the street mind you, but right beside a tree where a car isn't supposed to be.
Why don't you post that "new footage"?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by Bilk22

So what's different about this video? It's the same as the OP video.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

What's different is, you can take the time to actually inspect the area at the time of the crash and see there was no drone strike. Oy vey. In fact, there is no explosion like one would expect to see if there was a strike. There isn't even a flash of light. You can clearly see the exact point when they crashed, followed by smoke, followed by a much larger cloud of smoke once the car is completely engulfed. If you put your thinking cap on for one second, why would there be a bigger fire after an initial bomb blast? IF a missile already hit and all incendiary flammables ignited (which they would), then what's left to fuel a larger fire?

Have you even bothered to google 'drone strike images'? Namely the ones that go on in Pakistan? There's nothing left of houses, yet we have one lone solitary 6" diameter tree with leaves all unscathed.

Eta: There is no video in the OP
edit on 3-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Not to be rude or anything, but methinks you are a tad too paranoid for your own good. Let's just say for the sake of argument that Michael Hastings was killed by a drone. Didn't he get a General fired? Wasn't he pissing off the FBI? He apparently made some government enemies, so I could see him being taken out.

That being said, I do NOT think hee (Hastings) was killed by a drone either. I merely bring this up as an example of motive. I feel drones are a huge evil and sure to be used against us here eventually.

Back to Paul walker. He wasn't a journalist pissing off powerful men in D.C.. He also wasn't (as far as anyone knows) involved in anything highly illegal or controversial. He did a lot of charity work worldwide and so far I have yet to read an article with someone saying, "That Paul Walker was a real douche. The guvment should drone strike his butt."

Now, all I've seen on this thread mentioning drones is a bunch of paranoid rambling. At least I can respect the conspiracy theorist that at least has some questionable photos or video footage, even if I disagree with the assumptions. The fact that drones were even seriously entered into the discussion just shows how far detached from reality some people are.

Let's just view this for what it is: a current event put under Breaking General News, not a conspiracy thread. NObody was out to get Paul. A witness observed a "high rate of speed" and there is possible evidence of mechanical failure. That's it. An unfortunate accident that could happen to anybody who drives a car. Especially fast.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

JackSparrow17
reply to post by Bilk22

Not to be rude or anything, but methinks you are a tad too paranoid for your own good. Let's just say for the sake of argument that Michael Hastings was killed by a drone. Didn't he get a General fired? Wasn't he pissing off the FBI? He apparently made some government enemies, so I could see him being taken out.

That being said, I do NOT think hee (Hastings) was killed by a drone either. I merely bring this up as an example of motive. I feel drones are a huge evil and sure to be used against us here eventually.

Back to Paul walker. He wasn't a journalist pissing off powerful men in D.C.. He also wasn't (as far as anyone knows) involved in anything highly illegal or controversial. He did a lot of charity work worldwide and so far I have yet to read an article with someone saying, "That Paul Walker was a real douche. The guvment should drone strike his butt."

Now, all I've seen on this thread mentioning drones is a bunch of paranoid rambling. At least I can respect the conspiracy theorist that at least has some questionable photos or video footage, even if I disagree with the assumptions. The fact that drones were even seriously entered into the discussion just shows how far detached from reality some people are.

Let's just view this for what it is: a current event put under Breaking General News, not a conspiracy thread. NObody was out to get Paul. A witness observed a "high rate of speed" and there is possible evidence of mechanical failure. That's it. An unfortunate accident that could happen to anybody who drives a car. Especially fast.
Let's consider the facts that we do know and not issues we have no idea of. The driver of the car was a professional. He wasn't a street racer. He was a professional racer, expert in the handling of powerful cars. Another witness claimed they saw the car traveling about 45mph and not the excessive speed one might expect from seeing the wreckage. The location of the accident was less than a mile from where it originated from. It did not occur on a long straight but was in fact, a few hundred feet from a 90 degree turn. There were no skid marks. The cars Hastings and Walker were in are not know for exploding as they did in these two instances. Both drivers were respected members of the community and not thrill seekers out for a hell bent ride. All of them, including Walker had a lot to lose and none of them were young and reckless. These are known facts and point toward what can be considered erratic and unexpected actions we are expected to believe came from these individuals. Things don't add up. In addition, there is the video which does show something that isn't expected and does appear to be a "projectile".

As for the other issues about these two mens lives, we can only surmise as to whether or not they had any other unknown issues associated with their business and or charitable work. However, the "crash" does seem to be out of place in respect to their know behaviors.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The driver of the car was a professional. He wasn't a street racer. He was a professional racer, expert in the handling of powerful cars.

Professional race car drivers don't crash?

Another witness claimed they saw the car traveling about 45mph and not the excessive speed one might expect from seeing the wreckage

And did this witness saw a 'single speeding' car

The location of the accident was less than a mile from where it originated from. It did not occur on a long straight but was in fact, a few hundred feet from a 90 degree turn

And?

There were no skid marks.

Where did you read that? There are skid marks but they end abpruptly

Both drivers were respected members of the community and not thrill seekers out for a hell bent ride. All of them, including Walker had a lot to lose and none of them were young and reckless. These are known facts and point toward what can be considered erratic and unexpected actions we are expected to believe came from these individuals.

That's all pretty subjective. Never, is an accident scene not investigated for human error because of one's 'good standing' with a community.

there is the video which does show something that isn't expected and does appear to be a "projectile".

Your turn to post 'said video'
edit on 3-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The video is linked to earlier in this thread and in another. It's the same video you posted but highlights the object in question. What ever happened there that day, it wasn't as simple as two guys out doing donuts in the street and then lost control. I read they took the car out because it was stalling periodically and wanted to see if they could figure out why. The car was initially headed for their speed shop garage which is where they were which is pretty much right up the street from where the accident occurred.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Bilk22
reply to post by FlySolo

The video is linked to earlier in this thread and in another. It's the same video you posted but highlights the object in question. What ever happened there that day, it wasn't as simple as two guys out doing donuts in the street and then lost control. I read they took the car out because it was stalling periodically and wanted to see if they could figure out why. The car was initially headed for their speed shop garage which is where they were which is pretty much right up the street from where the accident occurred.

This is a meaningless argument. Whatever happened out there was as simple as 2 guys taking a troubled car for a spin. Yes, they were both skilled and trained drivers, and gearheads to boot. Yes, they took the car out to source out some suspected mechanical issues (I've done that too,
and got on it to try and duplicate an issue). Yes from all appearances they seemed to be very fine gents in their community. We agree that it's a senseless death. Yet you cling to this "unexpected projectile" rubbish.

We watched the same video. No projectile. You probably saw a bird, since the video is sped up for time compression, and something in the frame for a frame may appear to do what you speculate. The other MAJOR component you have yet to even come up with even the barest shred of evidence on is motive. Where is the motive? As I said in my prior rebuttal, the guvment isn't going to just send a drone out on a whim. We're not there yet. And you almost tacitly concede to me my point...that this is a mechanical failure.

Also, I've read plenty of updates on this developing story. Maybe I missed the witness with the radar gun that pinpointed the speed right at 45mph? Source please, I'd like to read that one!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Boom! Idk found this on a forum and thought it was interesting.

Can someone post this image?

oi42.tinypic.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

Okay. I'll admit that's very strange. Definitely needs some explaining....

I think perhaps someone just placed one there as a tribute.
edit on 4-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well, I was going to run the plates. However, that costs money, and I'm too cheap to do that. Maybe somebody else can!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
guys a new video released and proves that the car exploded before the crash, while it was moving.

So what they say, that the car crash into traffic lights and then a tree, is a lie.

www.tmz.com...

Sorry Its not youtube, so I post the link of the page who posted that video.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

That's the exact same clip I posted but a little better quality. The impact point is where the bomb dropped right? Then why is there a subsequent larger explosion? The first one (point of impact) should be the larger one if a projectile was the cause. Correct?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
More stuff for the conspiracy mongers... "He knew too much"?

Interesting stuff?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
damn. that looks like a serious fire happening.

whatever happened to him, im bummed. i dont usually get all bent out of shape when someone famous dies but this one is getting to me.
ive enjoyed most of his movies and i have been into the fast and furious since the 1st one.(tokyo drift sucked).
i cant wait for part 7.

he always struck me as a normal dude. an 'every man' type of deal that just happened to act.
i dont really know how to explain it.... he just seemed cool.

i loved that fact that he had a tuner car collection and trained mma. had a brown belt in bjj.
awesome.

i was reading about the porsche and some pro/test drivers are knocking it for its handling.
this is a separate issue but a car that costs nearly a half a mill should handle real well. that car should stick to the pavement. not that it matters.

my mom came today and said the autopsy was released and the dude driving apparently died right away but walkers lungs are all tore up from heat. i forget what she told me it said but it sounds like he burned for at least a few seconds before he died.

the thing that gets me the most is the picture of the car. that samn thing was mangled and i dont understand how.

reports are saying it was going 45mph. even if theyre wrong. lets call it 65mph.
that car is friggin mangled. i wouldnt think an impact against a tree, especially a small one like that would mangle a car like that.
i did not read a lot about the car but being a high end sports car i would think it has some carbon fiber. you think?
carbon fiber is strong as hell.

i have seen pictures of other crashed. on the net and in my local paper. cars that crash into each other, head on dont look like this one.
i am no expert by far but it just seems to me that the damage to that car is excessive.

maybe he was knocked out and burned? smoke inhalation and his lungs getting ripped by the heat?
maybe its because the car folded up like paper and he couldnt get out cause it was all bent?
i dont know.
im going to read about this car but either way. it sucks he is dead. i liked him a lot.

and 8 below made me cry my ass off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join