It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks, America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

MOMof3
I recognize jealousy when I see it. I have never traveled beyond the US borders and never had an idea we were so hated. Like a beautiful woman is hated by an ugly woman.

Looool what tripe.

"I have never travelled beyond us borders" that explains your deluded view.

Jealousy? Of what ? That what you seem to blame everything on or put everything down to, be it terrorism or your comeig economic collopse, you never look at the real issue.

Ps cant claim jelosusy for me as eligible for a greencard when ever i want, just dont want it

edit on 27-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by be4ne1

Yes, I am passionate about my country. I am older, worked 39yrs, raised three responsible adults. I am well aware of my country's faults and injustices, but where else am I going to go? My dad was on the USS Franklin in WW2, my uncle AG's body was lost in the Bataan Death March, my husband, his brothers, my two brothers served in Nam. How can I see the US through the eyes of these foreign posters?

I am not ready to give up yet and for some reason I feel it this Thanksgiving. Maybe we are at the "darkest before dawn" as an analogy.

Peace.
edit on 27-11-2013 by MOMof3 because: gramm

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

be4ne1
reply to post by crazyewok

I see you are from the U.K. I suppose it's unfortunate you didn't include your own country in those you mentioned as having equal attributes as those found in America. To me, that's the difference. Happy Thanksgiving... even though that's an exclusively American tradition and holiday, you are most welcome to partake and enjoy your thanks for whatever you may be thankful for.

I didnt say the usa has "equal" attributes to those listed countrys, i meant to say those country have what your describing the usa dosnt anymore.

And no i think may country is equal to the usa, equal as being a banker controlled craphole lead by idiot politicians, the uk may as well be your 51state.

On most ranking scales the uk and usa sadly come out equal on most things...

Ps i just fallen in its your thanksgiving........ bit embaressing...probably shouldnt be the place really....

Should of made a better rant of congcrates on killing the natives off

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by be4ne1

From where I stand there is nothing wrong with a healthy degree of patriotism (and I admire what the U.S. once meant to be) but I have to say, you brought those "dissenting comments" upon yourselves.

See, the great things you mentioned are by no means exclusive to the US, in fact, not only are other countries doing better, but those "scars from self-inflicted wounds" you mentioned... well, other countries (your allies) get to enjoy those scars now too, courtesy of the great U.S. of A.

Oh and we're all dealing with refugees... not sure thats something good though.
edit on 27-11-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

ColCurious

See, the great things you mentioned are by no means exclusive to the US, in fact, not only are other countries doing better, but those "scars from self-inflicted wounds" you mentioned... well, other countries (your allies) get to enjoy those scars now too, courtesy of the great U.S. of A.

You hit the nail on the head

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

As usual, your "facts" are, at best, selective.

The OP is a perfect example of what it means to be American and why so many of us still support it.

Your comment re 9-11 is also incorrect. Mortally wounded, maybe, certainly not dead. It won't die as long there are OPs like this one and those that understand where he's coming from.

It will never die. We will die before the idea does. Even then others, perhaps elsewhere, will pick up that torch and carry on....

I know you will respond with your usual scorn. Truth be told, we're indifferent to you and your comments....well, perhaps a bit of pity....

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Ok the RAR RAR RAR Merika is Number 1 at everything and all other countrys are 3rd world hell holes and we all yearn to live in yanky doodle land............yeah ok...........

My point is be proud of your country but dont piss on others by saying your "the only one that does something" when your not or your the number one at something when your not.

It was this line I took exception at:

be4ne1
W there is no other country that still maintains the promise, the hope, that if we try we can make something of ourselves.

It like me saying the UK is the only country that can provide healthcare to its people.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is not jealousy or hatred you are getting here, it is anger at the whole "Us vs Them" attitude that is prevalent in the US.

It's also the refusal to engage with the rest of the world on equal footing, that draws such ire, and that "We are the best!" (even when you actually aren't) attitude exists in the US at all scales in your society from the individual to the Administration (it has almost been hard-coded into you all... unfortunately).

If you truly were the "best", you wouldn't get angry at anger directed towards you, you would empathise with the sentiment, and seek a balanced resolution.

As much as you would like to deny it, the US is only out for its own best interests... to the point of unfairness, rather than trying to take an approach that truly is beneficial to everyone... the US only ever tries to benefits itself and US citizens, often at the detriment of anything non-US... and in a Global Community, that type of behaviour is unsustainable, or more accurately, as far as the rest of the world is concerned... unacceptable.

Everything that the US "gives" to the rest of the world always comes with a cost, and the US really does take its pound of flesh... wherever it can.

The irony of this thread is that Thanksgiving is all about a failing subculture (the pilgrims) getting help, given freely and compassionately by the indigenous, to survive, and their thanks in return (ohhh... the irony)... that's right, there was a time when Merika wasn't the best, and it seems to the rest of the world like we all would have been better off if that help was never offered.

Of course, to not offer that help freely would have turned those Native Americans into what the US has become today... uncompassionate and self-centered, which fundamentally goes against a greater sense of community.

Before going around saying "We are the best", reflect on what the true meaning of Thanks is...

From a US and Australian citizen, who has had the opportunity to look both out and in.... where is the empathy?

Indeed and truly... Happy Thanksgiving.
edit on 27-11-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

be4ne1
reply to post by luciddream

Lucid, I see you are from "A Cave In Saturn." Perhaps that explains your all-inclusive bitterness for America. Gotta be cold and lonely in there.

What are you talking about!? Saturn is nothing compared to Canadian weather! its cool tho, if i get sick, i go chk in at hospital for free!!

CANADA!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The America you speak of, died a long time ago. The golden years are always given to be the mid 20th century. In actuality is was before the American Revolution.

I have been to other countries, and let me tell you this, yes they may be humble, poor, and without the latest iCrap gadget, but the way of life also does not stress you into an early grave. They work hard, etc. The reason why so many want to come to America is because of the "stuff", and reward of working less, or getting hand outs, for little output. I don't blame them, life is easier without busting your ass. However, at what price? Selling your soul to the banks in the form of debt, which leads to emotional stress, and other problems. Life in America is centered on lending and producing debt slaves. Life in most other countries is dependent on working hard, saving up, and buying something cash - no credit. America, is not what she used to be. It's akin to a marble, silver, and gold encrusted privy pot - looks good from the outside, but not too pleasant when you really look in...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

crazyewok
It was this line I took exception at:

be4ne1
W there is no other country that still maintains the promise, the hope, that if we try we can make something of ourselves.

Why? This thread is by an American for Americans on Thanksgiving.

BTW, I take exception to your total contribution in this thread. And I'm not American.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

"He look we have clean water, unlike you other countries"..

So we should ignore while they crap on other countries?

Im not gonna turn a blind eye to an guy beating up a child, even if its the child's father.

This is an open forum, not just for Americans, and the the others are correcting their flawed view of other countries.
edit on 11/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

BS. It's thin skinned people "inferring" insult. Pretty pathetic when the highlight of ones day is crapping on someone that was just posting a thread about hope.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

intrepid

Why? This thread is by an American for Americans on Thanksgiving.

I kinda didnt know it was thankgiving when I started.

Now im in I better stand by my crap.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The way I see it, Thanksgiving (and thanks in general) is not about "We're the best", but about humanity and equality.

The pilgrims received knowledge freely from the Natives, reaped an abundance from that knowledge, and in return gave "thanks" in the form of a big meal.

By current US standards, the pilgrims should have given back more than half of what they grew to the Natives. Instead, they greedily gave a meal, and kept the lion's share of what the freely given knowledge produced for them.

The pilgrims made a profit from something offered freely through compassion, and to this day profit is King in the US.

That seems very telling to me.

When was the last time the US truly offered something freely to the rest of the world?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Wow... thin-skinned?

There is no inferrence... to the rest of the world, the insult is clear as day.

The OP is clearly "Hope" for the "American Dream" (I get it), while disregarding the true meaning of Thanksgiving in relation to the rest of the world.

Where is the hope for the Global and Human Dream?... without a bias?

Why don't you respond to some of my posts?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

puzzlesphere

Wow... thin-skinned?

Yes.

There is no inferrence... to the rest of the world, the insult is clear as day.

No. See ^^^ that.

The OP is clearly "Hope" for the "American Dream" (I get it), while disregarding the true meaning of Thanksgiving in relation to the rest of the world.

Where is the hope for the Global and Human Dream?... without a bias?

It's an AMERICAN holiday.

Why don't you respond to some of my posts?

There you go.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

puzzlesphere
The way I see it, Thanksgiving (and thanks in general) is not about "We're the best", but about humanity and equality.

The pilgrims received knowledge freely from the Natives, reaped an abundance from that knowledge, and in return gave "thanks" in the form of a big meal.

By current US standards, the pilgrims should have given back more than half of what they grew to the Natives. Instead, they greedily gave a meal, and kept the lion's share of what the freely given knowledge produced for them.

The pilgrims made a profit from something offered freely through compassion, and to this day profit is King in the US.

Hey there, puzzlesphere, thought I'd ask.... How them indigenous Aborigines doin' in Australia these days?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by be4ne1

From where I stand there is nothing wrong with a healthy degree of patriotism (and I admire what the U.S. once meant to be) but I have to say, you brought those "dissenting comments" upon yourselves.

Oh and we're all dealing with refugees... not sure thats something good though.
edit on 27-11-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

ColCurious... I see you are from Germany. Wouldn't you say you have a little mess in your history as well. Like I said, 'no one is perfect'. But I don't blame you or today's German people for that little blip, or was it two blips? Just askin'...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

be4ne1

ColCurious... I see you are from Germany. Wouldn't you say you have a little mess in your history as well. Like I said, 'no one is perfect'. But I don't blame you or today's German people for that little blip, or was it two blips? Just askin'...

Awww lets leave it as 1 blip. I mean Britain and France were just as responsible for world war 1, we just all wanted a fight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join