It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks, America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

alldaylong
The foundation of the United States was built upon the backs of slaves.

Not a very good start is it?

Is there a country without black in it's past? Mine is nasty too. What's your point?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

intrepid

alldaylong

Is there a country without black in it's past? Mine is nasty too. What's your point?

I think i made my point.
However i don't understand yours. Would you care to expand it?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

alldaylong

intrepid

alldaylong

I think i made my point.

No you didn't. You shat on the US because of their past. I pointed out that most western nations are guilty of what we NOW consider human rights violations. Again, what's your point?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

intrepid

alldaylong

intrepid

alldaylong

I think i made my point.

No you didn't. You shat on the US because of their past. I pointed out that most western nations are guilty of what we NOW consider human rights violations. Again, what's your point?

Do you understand for slavery to exist, there has to be a "Market" for slaves.
There was a ready market in the US, which was amply supplied.

Maybe this obvious point escapes you.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

And you still avoid the point. No prob. the reader see what's what.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by alldaylong

And you still avoid the point. No prob. the reader see what's what.

Your comments appear to show you are an apologist toward slavery

Maybe there is hope for you in the future.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We've almost lost the thread, just like we're getting closer to losing the country. For all of it's flaws, and it's a country run by people, not angels, the US is the single greatest reason there is still some amount of freedom in the world.

The People of Great Britain, Canada, the US, Australia, and New Zealand form a family from a common root. They share a culture, language and desire for freedom which is the hope of the rest of the world.

Put up walls around those countries, seal them off from exercising influence in the rest of the world. Ten years later, if the war is over, there will exist nothing but slave labor camps in either China or Russia, or minarets and stoning pits throughout Europe, Africa, and as far into Asia as they can reach.

There is hope if America and it's family stay strong together, and I'm grateful that as creaky as it is, it still stands. Orwell knew where we were going. God, and the Anglos are preventing it.

So I'm grateful for my survival, and my freedom to type. My freedom to thank God for His love, I'm thankful for men like Washington and his inspiring proclamation. I'm thankful for my parents who came from Canada to the US, drawn by the opportunities.

And I'm thankful for the opportunity to defend it, in such a small way, from destroyers, deceivers, twisters, those who wish to tear down the country and the Constitution, whether they're my neighbor or my President or a foreign warrior.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

You just see the people of the big cities where the money is concentrated. You don't know about we who do not live in the cities or suburbs of cities. We work for much lower wages and simpler life. I grow and store our own food and clothes are bought at local stores. You don't hear from the hard working quiet americans. I, myself, am just now learning to be bold and speak up because of the injustices happening.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

intrepid

alldaylong

intrepid

alldaylong

I think i made my point.

It's not the past we're worried about, it's the future. The fact that the U.S is deciding to take care of other countries when they for one cannot even take care of their own people. War on terror, war on drugs? Are you really in support of a one world government?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

This argument about natives is stupid. Humans have been building civilizations on top of each other since we came out of the forests. I don't like it either and maybe it is time to move to the next level in human nature. I am hoping God/Evolution will destroy the DNA part that makes humans want to consume each other. We can reach the stars but what for, just to destroy them? Natives need to learn when it is time to change. The natives here have become pretty good capitalists and don't have to pay Federal taxes. That is why we can get cigarettes on the reservation CHEAP.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join