It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the most oppressive times ever ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Something to keep in mind.

Oppression is not just violence and jackboots on your face and throwing people in jail.

Forcing a sub-standard education on others to perpetually suppress their ability to compete is a form of oppression. Far more effective than a boot to the face too because most of the oppressed will be thankful for the education not realizing they are subsisting on the educational equivalent of junk food.
edit on 24-11-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

CosmicDude
Yes to all the above
...Maybe I exagerated a litle in my 1st post about the NOW moment, but, looking at the past and taking in consideration what I see, read and feel it`s happening now, it`s like I "travel" into a near and much oppressive/supressive future.

Mentally it's easy to fall in to a depressed state about how things are.
The police state is all there - like a covered statue simply waiting for someone to pull the cover off and reveal it in it's entirety.
Knowing that they've built it should motivate all of us to question why?
How could they have written the PATRIOT ACT in response to 9/11 in a little over a month?
Short answer is they didn't.
It was waiting ready to go whenever the right event came along.

Our supposed enemies are external yet everyone is treated as though we are potential enemies of the state.
Perhaps they know the inevitable results of forced reallocation of wealth from the middle class and working poor to the wealthy can only result in a challenge to their power.
How many times can you kick a dog before it finally turns on it's master?
I pray we never find out but any hope seems frightfully distant for a better outcome.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Great post, history repeats itself. Different scenarios but a similar story. What we are living now is a sophisticated way of enslave people without them even notice.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The ZioPocalypse is upon us the victims of which are the GoyToys - meaning you.
edit on 24-11-2013 by TorSerfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

How many times can you kick a dog before it finally turns on it's master? I pray we never find out but any hope seems frightfully distant for a better outcome.

Well, we can always "ask the animals", lol ....Joking apart, it all depends on the way and the number of times the dog is kicked. "Masters" of the world are doing this so well that the "dogs" don`t even realize how bad they`r getting injured.
edit on 24-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For "modern" humans living in "civilized" places - yeah I could agree with you.

For humans outside of those places - it's the same Suck with a capitol S it's been for a long time hasn't it?

For others - maybe nothing has changed - I think of the Sentinelese peoples (for example) in that context.

We may be beginning to be included in that Suck with a capitol S - I'd say countries like ours are indeed overdue lol.
edit on 24-11-2013 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

sheryldotrock
reply to post by Asktheanimals

These are signs from bible prophecy and let me also warn that Tribulation is fast approaching.
I'm surprised at how few people speak about these changes in spiritual terms. I feel strongly that what we're seeing now is not something that should be dealt with through the usual way of looking at our reality for most people in the West, i.e. the materialist aspects that are discussed in this thread in all posts but the one I'm quoting.

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." Albert Einstein

I feel strongly that this is something spiritual.

I haven't read the entire Bible, only parts of it. Same with the Koran. I feel an urgency to read both but I also feel tired and somewhat depressed. I don't even know if I'll have time to read both books before it's too late. But maybe God doesn't care about that, I don't know. I also have fear that I might not be qualifying to go to heaven. Maybe I'm not worthy and will end up in eternal hell. I think my biggest weakness is my difficulty forgiving my parents and sister, and maybe I've also treated them dishonorably.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The most oppressive time is when the church controlled most of the world. They kept the population in fear for their lives if they said or did something the church didn't like.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

buster2010
The most oppressive time is when the church controlled most of the world. They kept the population in fear for their lives if they said or did something the church didn't like.

Good point. Let's hope that science never devolves into such a state.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

I just started reading "A Brave New World" by Huxley today and so far it doesn't seem like science fiction, but a political handbook for today. I'll try to throw up some quotes to show you what I mean on a new thread here once I get better internet access.

There are even some specifics mentioned that make me wonder if governors are using his book, specifically as a guide - anyway, kudos to him for writing it, since it was written in the 1930's, that is proof that our society has changed.
edit on 24pmSun, 24 Nov 2013 21:19:49 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Please do post those quotes. Looking forward to reading it

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

darkbake

I just started reading "A Brave New World" by Huxley today and so far it doesn't seem like science fiction, but a political handbook for today. I'll try to throw up some quotes to show you what I mean on a new thread here once I get better internet access.

There are even some specifics mentioned that make me wonder if governors are using his book, specifically as a guide - anyway, kudos to him for writing it, since it was written in the 1930's, that is proof that our society has changed.
edit on 24pmSun, 24 Nov 2013 21:19:49 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I think the modern guidebook is a cross between "A Brave New World"(suppression of emotion through drugs) and "1984"(total surveillance) and "The Hunger Games"( An elite and separated poor, and the poor left divided among themselves encouraged to see their fellow poor as the enemy and encouraged to fight for what little they have)

If you look at "The Hunger Games" in a metaphorical sense, we are already there.
The masses, divided and fighting over the spoils while the "elite" live in ways we couldnt even imagine.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11am11amMon, 25 Nov 2013 09:14:54 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Only I know is 1984 but The Hunger Games sounds interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

redoubt

buster2010

Good point. Let's hope that science never devolves into such a state.

Sorry but there is plenty of unethical science out there..
From dodgy vaccines and meds, to chemical & biological testing, to banned genetic experimentation, and inhumane testing on animals.
Religion doesnt have the monopoly in inhumanity, people do.
People + Fame + Fortune + Influence = Bad decisions being made.(Not always, just most of the time)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

MrSpad
I am sorry but this shows a complete lack of human history. You should at least know European history where farmers starved because of whatever army of the week was passing through and would take everything even if they were suppose to be on the same side. And that is just one tiny example.

Correct, Napoleons armies 'lived of the land' just like locusts, in both world wars the Germans shipped back every thing not welded down, nailed or screwed down not not make any difference, 1914-1918 war even the telephone poles were cut down and sent back to Germany from Belgium!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
just thought of the silent film 'Metropolis' made in black and white, that's how old it is, just sums up to-days world, if you get a chance to, watch it, life imitating art, as it is said (no idea who!)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting: George Mason University ranking personal and economic freedoms in the 50 states:
California is at the bottom of course!!
I hope I link this right
[url=http://freedominthe50states.org...]

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am not sure that I understand. I am an american woman who grows a garden and stores food every year. I grow all I need for a family of five in my back yard. I have not had any obstacles from the government for water, seeds, or fertilizer, or pesticides. I agree about available land, even here that is a dream for most of us. So I use techniques that make the most of my available space.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well yeah, try to convince the "savage" natives, europeans (includes current Americans) and the brits farked up all over the world, for the last 4oo years.

edit on 25-11-2013 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
What is worse now than ever are the mechanisms of control and surveillance.
They have never had a larger or better tool kit with which to control whoever they choose to.
Life in Western countries is better than ever for those with the money to afford full participation.
There lies the rub.

I like new words and think we need to update our vocabulary constantly to truly describe the times we live in.
Regulamentation combines Regulation with Lamentation (sorrow).
Brilliant my man, simply brilliant.

Thank you for defining the word Regulamentation!
I love the fact that many are evolving to grow beyond
the PC social stratifications that define most of us!
If only we were to deny the authority of the banking
Elite, industry, MIC, main stream media and their political
cronies!
Maybe then we could begin to evolve into that world the
Father meant us to be part of! Being one with nature instead
of always trying to exploit it, cooperating for the betterment
of our society, shielding our children from those mistakes we
have made and not just shielding them from knowing!
We have for too long allowed our greed to rule our hearts!
We claim to care about our children but only shield them
from that truth that would lead them in a purer direction!
If we continue to allow our fear and apathy to rule our
choices then we are doomed to destroy all that should matter
to us! If we fail to stand now before the catastrophe then we
are asking for suffering!
Be brave for the banished children of Eve for they are insurance
for our future. A future to bring about a brave new world we surely all
need instead of that one envisioned by Aldous Huxley!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join