It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your dream in life???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What's your dream in life and what are you doing today to try and get to it???

As for me...

My dream is to earn 10 million dollars. I'm not really sure how but I have a few ideas I'm working on. Then if I had the funds I'd buy a small yacht in Vancouver. I'd also have a small place near the sunshine coast (near van). So that way I could cruise over the Van in my yacht. Enjoy the city life for a bit. And when I'm done cruise back to my place in tranquility on the sunshine coast.

Then I'd have a condo in dubia. I'd go there in the winter. And I'd enjoy the warm weather and endless stuff to do there, plus jet set around europe. Bouncing from one hoping place to another. And I'd have endless cool friends to chill out with.

I'd spend my time between running my business to hanging with forward thinking people, to building new businesses, to jet setting back to Vancouver to visit my family, and just living the highlife.

I'd generally fly first class everywhere I go. I'd have a gorgeous companion to keep me company but someone who's downhomy like a country gal, that isn't high maintenance, but is blow away but the extravagant lifestyle I can afford.

I think I'd do that for a good 5 year or more until I came up with the next big move in life. I'm not sure what that would be. Like maybe having a family, maybe starting some new business, or learning some new hobby or skill that I really can get into.

But ya that honestly is my dream, and I think I have a reasonable chance at it. I'm not possitive, as nothing is ever certain but the starting point is money. Without enough money it's a pipe dream. So I'm working on a few things trying to get to a point where the options might open up for me. We'll see I guess. ha ha.

So what's your dream in life??? Are you satisfied where you are or are you shooting for more???

and no I'm not part of amway ha ha! I just like this video.

that or you'll catch me here...

edit on 24-11-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Do you just watch youtube videos and then come up with ideas to make threads about?

My goal in life would be to see homelessness a thing of the past.

Not many youtube vids about that tho.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

What's your dream in life???

I'm going on Dream #3...

My first dream was to get to 30 years of age alive.

#2 was to be able to support a decent lifestyle

and now number 3 is to help people and make a difference in their lives. Paying it forward for the blessings I have received.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

My dream is that one day I could be a more skilled activist and more self sufficient. I think that my best chance of getting my point across is with writing so slowly but surely I am giving myself the education I need. I do my best to listen to a classical poetry, watch Super-University lectures on youtube and practice.

I have been practicing in the ATS writer competitions and getting some feedback. I am also doing my best to keep up with current events and learning as much as I can so I will always have something to write about.

Good luck with your dreams, Sparticus and posters. I hope they all come true!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Learning everything there is to know about wilderness survival and then just going off into the wild and living off of nature with no contact with society or civilization.
Or at least having a house somewhere in the mountains.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My dream in life is to see my sons become happy and contented men.

Its all I want.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

winofiend
Do you just watch youtube videos and then come up with ideas to make threads about?

My goal in life would be to see homelessness a thing of the past.

Not many youtube vids about that tho.

maybe

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

trollz
Learning everything there is to know about wilderness survival and then just going off into the wild and living off of nature with no contact with society or civilization.

Even if you could do it, which might be kinda fun to try, wouldn't you go nuts eventually from the isolation? That's what some say.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My dream is to retire.

Still 14 years away from OAP, been working 35 years on and off.

I live in horrible, overcrowded, multi-culti England, so looking to relocate to a nice, quiet corner of the UK (rural Scotland or Wales, I'm not fussy).

My plan is to find accommodation first, then look for work later.

If work doesn't come...it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Location, location, location.

If I tighten my belt, I can get by on JSA till my pension, and hopefully live out my days in relative tranquillity.

I don't imagine JobCentre staff would bother some poor old codger in his 50s living in a sparsely populated area.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

spartacus699

trollz

Even if you could do it, which might be kinda fun to try, wouldn't you go nuts eventually from the isolation? That's what some say.
I agree. Anywhere on the fringe of society is fine with me. More isolated the better. Just biding my time till the universe makes it a reality. As for going nuts,my god,being a hamster on one of societies wheels is far crazier than going it alone,IMHO. I'd rather be the crazy cat lady in the woods,than the one under a bridge who dumpster dives for dinner. As for wishes, I just wanna live. I want to enjoy every day I wake up still breathing. When my time comes,I want to slide into home plate,covered in dust,out of breath,and screaming..."Woohoo! What a game!"

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I accomplished my dream in life. It was to have kids and grandchildren and to make it through without becoming overly deceitful or someone who takes advantage of others. So now I am just coasting through the rest of my life. I wish I could work again though, I kind of miss being able to work and learn new professions. I am still learning though, that is the main thing that drives my existence. I look forward to someday graduating and going on to my next great adventure....eternal sleep.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

AccessDenied

spartacus699

trollz

I agree. Anywhere on the fringe of society is fine with me. More isolated the better. Just biding my time till the universe makes it a reality. As for going nuts,my god,being a hamster on one of societies wheels is far crazier than going it alone,IMHO. I'd rather be the crazy cat lady in the woods,than the one under a bridge who dumpster dives for dinner. As for wishes, I just wanna live. I want to enjoy every day I wake up still breathing. When my time comes,I want to slide into home plate,covered in dust,out of breath,and screaming..."Woohoo! What a game!"

Ya I had considered the idea myself. Like my plan was to build a yurt out in the woods. But when I started considering all the stuff involved it just seems like a bit of an overwhelming concept. Not impossible mind you, but would be a lot of hard work. Could be kinda fun, but I think the isolation would be the biggest challenge. But at least you'd live sort of free from the rat race.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
my dream in life is not to die and not have tried to change the system i left behind for my son and daughter.
to that end i started a forum to discuss direct democracy
i wont give out the URL but essentially its dedicated to gathering as many people around the world as i can, and having a conversation about what systems could be changed and how, in order to build a new governance method.

eliminating politicians and decentralisation of power back to us as individuals.

im halfway through my life now, and have changed nothing. but i am actually doing something towards that goal ..

PM me if you want to chat

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I understand what you're saying. But honestly I wouldn't do that. I'd try and start a small business if I were you. Managed correctly you could be making enough to live off in no time. And if you find the right business it can run itself. Something that will make money for you without you having to do anything. There are businesses out there like that. Just something to think about. But to wait 14 years? Don't do that. That's lame. You could retire in a few years if you play your cards right and work your azz off! And I'm not talking about "a job". I'm talking about working on a business that will set you up for life.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You do not neccessarily have to build your own yurt, you could get something flatpack. In the link below are some 'play sheds that could be used (in conjuction with the correct treatments). I would recommend something round so you could put your fire in the middle. There are a few round ideas on the page although some would require you to put in your own panels.

www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uJWUUo7dOKze7Abw-IGYD g&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=454

Some of the structures are on raised platforms too which might be useful in some areas. Others have raised areas inside to sleep on or store foods and skins. Either way, whatever sort of shed you went for would have to have a chimney put in. It's awkward when the structure is wood lol. A lot to consider.

I would recommend buying two of these structures. One to put together as a home and one as parts. The base of the spare could be used to cover the hole in the ground you dig to store food. Any sort of felt for roofing, hinges and panels could be stored for repairs or used to make a coal/log shed adjacent to your main structure.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, that's not what I want. Sounds more like my nightmare, not dream.

I've worked my "azz" off all my life matey, and, at 53, I might have only another 20 years left to live.

I want to get off the treadmill and smell a flower or two before jossing it.

Seen too many people at work die while they were planning their retirement - I don't want to follow their example.

And loads of dosh isn't everything, mate...not to me anyway.

Nobody starves anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Tsu322

You do not neccessarily have to build your own yurt, you could get something flatpack. In the link below are some 'play sheds that could be used (in conjuction with the correct treatments). I would recommend something round so you could put your fire in the middle. There are a few round ideas on the page although some would require you to put in your own panels.

www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uJWUUo7dOKze7Abw-IGYD g&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=454

Some of the structures are on raised platforms too which might be useful in some areas. Others have raised areas inside to sleep on or store foods and skins. Either way, whatever sort of shed you went for would have to have a chimney put in. It's awkward when the structure is wood lol. A lot to consider.

I would recommend buying two of these structures. One to put together as a home and one as parts. The base of the spare could be used to cover the hole in the ground you dig to store food. Any sort of felt for roofing, hinges and panels could be stored for repairs or used to make a coal/log shed adjacent to your main structure.

The only problem is that if you get caught with a permanent structure like that built on g=v land you'll get a huge fine, and they'll tell you to remove it. With a Yurt or something like that you have the excuse that "this is a tent" and I'm camping, and if you want me to leave I'll leave, no harm done. You probably wouldn't even get a fine.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

You might fluke out and live to be 100. It's not that uncommon. So you've only lived half your life. You're only middle aged. You still got LOTS TO DO BUDDY!

new topics

top topics

join