It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maker of flu vaccine launches campaign comparing flu shot "evaders" to outlaws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And guess what they're calling those who choose not to take the flu vaccine... "FLUgitives".

The FLUgitives Campaign encourages more Americans to get their annual flu shot.

#FLUgitives live in every town in America; they could be hiding in your workplace, your gym, the grocery store, or even in your own home.

Yah, imagine the horror...

#FLUgitives are encouraged to come out of hiding, round up other #FLUgitives and turn themselves in to their healthcare provider to learn about the seriousness of influenza and their available vaccine options.

Sure, lets round up these scum bags. Better yet, lets just put entire cities on "lock down" then go door to door with forced injections.

Its outwardly packaged in whats supposed to be a cutesy ad but the undertones are concerning. Comparing these people to criminals, suggesting that these people should be feared, that they should be "rounded up"...

All thanks to the good folks at Sanofi Pasteur, the "largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines".

edit on 20-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Ill be the first to admit im a FLUgitive . I will not get a flue shot, Only have once and never will again. the only time I have gotten the flue shot, it made me very sick and I felt worse than having the flue.
edit on 20-11-2013 by desertguy because: ?

edit on 20-11-2013 by desertguy because: ?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So people are bad people and should be labeled with derogatory terms and ostracized because they think flu shots are:

-Potentially harmful to their or other's health
-May cause the person to become contagious, thus literally giving the flu to those they come in contact with
-Supprressive to their immune system as getting the real flu may provide a stronger immunity in the long run

Has anyone here gotten the flu and really been in such agony that they had to get flu shots every year, only to get the flu anyway?

This whole "campaign" seems like a weak cheap shot.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'll PROUDLY be a "Flugitive". It's my choice and we still live in a free nation if this idiot hadn't gotten the memo on that point.

The fact of the matter is, the Flu shot HAS killed people and it HAS gotten people exceptionally ill. I was too young to remember it, but was alive to have lived through it as well as knowing a very nice Japanese neighbor who had survived the Manzanar internment camp just to nearly be killed by a BAD Government idea of mandatory swine flu vaccinations.

Some people have to get this. My wife gets it due to a seriously compromised immune system compared to most normal people. She can't take the risk of the flu because it could kill her. I don't have such an issue and will likely never take one.

The joy of a free nation. We have that choice....and he needs the Memo resent, perhaps supersized and written in crayon. It IS still a free nation. Flugitive my foot... bahhhh

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

A new review of flu vaccination trends and policies issued by the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) found fewer than half of Americans ages 6 months and older were vaccinated against the flu in the last two flu season (2010-11 and 2011-12). For the first time during the 2010-11 flu season, CDC recommended that all Americans ages 6 months and older receive the flu vaccine. The historically low demand for seasonal flu vaccinations has contributed to limiting the supply of vaccine manufactured each year.

The real horror is that the percentage of people who actually got the flu during this time was dramatically lower than ever. Sooo, they call it a lull and a low year. They will pull out the big gunss to make sure that people do not get hip to the scam...

healthyamericans.org...
edit on pm1130pmWed, 20 Nov 2013 18:34:35 -0600 by antar because: comp has a virus...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't bother with flu shots even though I understand us old geezers are supposed to. Not for health reasons, but just because I'm a wild-eyed anarchist in general. (I want the old smileys!)

I am a little surprised that people are upset that "Flugitives" is being used. Apparently they think it's wrong to stigmatize people with unpleasant names simply because they disagree with you. I see some sense to that argument, but it's not very realistic.

What has the Tea Party been called, or the Republicans during the most recent budget fight? Even, for that matter "Homophobic," which is both derogatory and false, and don't forget "Racist" for those who disagree with Obama.

"Flugitive" is very mild in comparison. It's no big deal, probably won't catch on, and there's no social stigma attached to the word.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm a flugitive and will remain one!

I've never had a flu shot, and have never had the flu.

I do know people who swear by it, but they get the flu it seems every year, and I've been around people with the flu, yet I don't get it.

I believe it's because I've never had a flu shot my immune system was never weakened.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I've been offered the flu shot like 3-4 times already this year... I said the person "already got it and it's not so bad"....... Pump me with drugs, NO THANK YOU

It's a fact that if someone called me a flugitive, I'd slap them....
edit on 20-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Do you think Harrison Ford is starring in.... The Flugitive???

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

FLUgitives?!

omgg. This is beyond ridiculous. Scary too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

"Flugitives..." First of all,

Second there are no Flugitives around here. *wink wink*

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Flugitive is a cute name. I suspect the anti-vaxers will appropriate it for themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am curious, is the flu shot a vaccine or inoculation, I know they call it a vaccine which would mean they inject you with dead virus which your body still fights, an inoculation is when they inject someone with a live virus, a weakened form of it so people will generally get mild symptoms.

I am just asking because you hear people saying they are going to get their vaccinations, I never really hear people saying they are going to get their inoculations.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I will be a FLUgitive as long as there imuNAZIS out there trying to force that crap into me

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm a FLUgitive and I'm proud lol. Seriously though, I haven't had the flu since I stopped getting the shot several years ago...I think it's a bunch of bs and might even cause some of the issues it's meant to prevent.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I wasn't me.
It was the one armed man.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't usually have problems with viruses, and when I get sick, they almost always are bacterial. I've never gotten a flu shot at all, so I guess I am a FLUgivitve too, and I really don't want one. The way viruses can be now reprogrammed to do things almost like a biochemical nanite (which is kinda what I think they really are -- possibly engineered by ancient technology or maybe even ET technology, but I am not certain -- I have some odd theories) kinda makes me a tad paranoid of the vaccines, I guess I might confess. I've always said that if anyone wanted to deliver something to the populace, like say, a mass sterilization program, a vaccine would be a very ingenious way of going about it. Being a tad distrusting of people, I'd rather take my chances with getting it and fighting it off, as I also think that that method is better for my immune system too. I suppose I am a bit of a naturalist in that matter. I do still like the vaccine package you get when you're a kid and I think that is sufficient, in all reality, but to go about getting a vaccine every friggin year is a bit much for me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yeah,
they can pound sand and call me "outlaw LD"

Not gonna do it.
I dont get the flu
Maybe a chest cold or a runny nose every few years, but thats it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Jinn82
I am curious, is the flu shot a vaccine or inoculation, I know they call it a vaccine which would mean they inject you with dead virus which your body still fights, an inoculation is when they inject someone with a live virus, a weakened form of it so people will generally get mild symptoms.

I am just asking because you hear people saying they are going to get their vaccinations, I never really hear people saying they are going to get their inoculations.

If it comes in an injection it is usually not a live virus. If it is the spray, it is/used to be a live virus.

Edit to add...proud FLUgitive.
edit on 20-11-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My woman works in the healthcare IT industry.
they forced her to get the shot a few weeks ago or said she had to find a
different job,. so she got it..
I had to stay clear of her last week cause guess what... she had the flu...

NO THANKS

Vaccine companies are spreading the flu
not people like me

<<   2  3  4 >>

join