It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I got a notice yesterday about an emergency meeting involving the insurance company that will happen later in the month. Supposedly the initial estimates were way off. It won't be doubling or even tripling, it will be a lot more than that. Thank god I'm leaving the country for a year. Won't have to deal with this mess that those anti-Americans created. I'm not running away, I just have to do stuff outside the country for a while, and it worked out. Now I just hope that I don't have to pay for obamacare while I'm gone. F*U to everyone that voted for this and did everything they could to pass it, especially the traitors that said they wouldn't let it pass. Screw you guys, I'm going hom-- oh wait, I am home

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by ladytamatha

Is this the deal that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it?

Yes, it sure is unfortunately. It's the one Nacy Pelosi suggested we all just blindly allow to pass and "find out what's in it" before judging it and knowing what was in it, lol. She really is the epitome of a moronic nutcase.

edit on 7-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Date and time of Pelosi saying this please. Be specific. Location of video documentation. CSPAN, Youtube? Be specific.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Em2013
I got a notice yesterday about an emergency meeting involving the insurance company that will happen later in the month. Supposedly the initial estimates were way off. It won't be doubling or even tripling, it will be a lot more than that. Thank god I'm leaving the country for a year. Won't have to deal with this mess that those anti-Americans created. I'm not running away, I just have to do stuff outside the country for a while, and it worked out. Now I just hope that I don't have to pay for obamacare while I'm gone. F*U to everyone that voted for this and did everything they could to pass it, especially the traitors that said they wouldn't let it pass. Screw you guys, I'm going hom-- oh wait, I am home

Be specific. What insurance? Be specific. Are you under a group plan or employer plan? Be specific.

Be specific.

Hey, anyone can post nonsense on the internet. Posting facts is another story.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

gariac

Wookiep

Is this the deal that had to be passed before anyone could know what was in it?

Yes, it sure is unfortunately. It's the one Nacy Pelosi suggested we all just blindly allow to pass and "find out what's in it" before judging it and knowing what was in it, lol. She really is the epitome of a moronic nutcase.

Date and time of Pelosi saying this please. Be specific. Location of video documentation. CSPAN, Youtube? Be specific.

This isn't the only video on this and it has been shown on ATS many many times. I'm sure you are aware of it, so I'm also sure you have an angle/agenda here.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

And here's another longer one since the other was recorded by Fox news. This one even has a logo that says "free propaganda" lol, how fitting.

Actually, just search youtube, you'll find tons of them.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

The people are finally going to see what the progressive scumbags plan really is. When the liberal youth see the light it will tear the very fabric of this nation. Obama care is going to bring change just not the change TPTB had in mind.

Historians will look and back and study this time period. The people are finally waking up. And that will bring real change. If I was the PTB I would get rid of this match stick and fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

gariac

Em2013

Be specific. What insurance? Be specific. Are you under a group plan or employer plan? Be specific.

Be specific.

Hey, anyone can post nonsense on the internet. Posting facts is another story.

Like hell I'll divulge personal information on ATS. This is the last place I'll ever talk about myself in a detailed manner. I've been talking about how much it has been increasing over the past few months, I posted facts, just not which company and insurance group. I already stated that it cost less than $50 per paycheck and it was going to raise up to double that, and then it tripled soon after. There's no telling how much it'll go up to at the meeting, but thankfully I won't be paying into it. Looking at figures that everyone has to deal with, it seems like it'll be close to a thousand a month. You call this progressive? hah!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
Hello,

I beg that some things need to be considered before people start to complain:

I am of course sorry that your OLD plan was cheaper and you are asked to pay more now.

But the question is what the OLD plan covered (there was a reason it was cancelled), probably because the coverage in relation to the premiums was not sufficient! This is why it is deemed not "health care reform compliant".

So..what does the NEW, more expensive plan cover? If the new plan is "compliant" now I can assume that it also covers more than the older one, otherwise the old one wouldn't have been cancelled!

ALSO..your letter probably quoted you the $1300 for a compliant plan which has the "required" coverage..but there is no information whether you and your family CAN also have a cheaper plan optionally. In others words: Is the $1300 the ONLY plan you can get?

edit on 32013R000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago44PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

Right on the money with this statement. The old plan simply wasn't compliant with the law. The quoted price for the new plan will most likely save you in our of pocket expenses, probably give you additional dental and vision benefits (eye surgery etc.). Have you read the new quoted plan literature? My guess is no... simply because you received a cancellation notice and not a brochure for the other plan.

Additionally as NoRules stated... does BCBS have other options? I actually know they do because I've had BCBS for years and have been paying $1,300 biweekly... for what is probably the same plan that they are attempting to place you on. I also know that there are two cheaper plans that I cannot downgrade to since I have certain tests that must be done every year and I'd pay much more with those higher deductibles.
edit on 7-11-2013 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Send them a copy of this screen shot from the white house's web site:

which is still on there as of this morning, November the 7th 2013 at 6am. www.whitehouse.gov...

And tell them you liked your old policy and want to keep it... and the white house says you can!

The Period, at the end of the sentence, leaves no room for exceptions!

edit on 7-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by IAMTAT

Well, It sounds like you were already not a fan of the ACA, based on your thread dated October 9th:

"Obamacare Website Cost Taxpayers $34M; Projected Cost: $93M

In that original thread/post, you stated

This thing was poorly conceived, recklessly rushed to market, and dishonestly foisted upon the American public in an extremely partisan manner.

Later, on October 10th, you replied to the thread Warning: Enroling in Obamacare allows government to link your IP address with your name... with this:

Is it true that because CGI Federal, the company that was contracted for $634M to build the healthcare.gov website, is Canadian...that all Obamacare data storage is immune to FOIA?

Now, what's CGI Federal again?

I'm guessing, Valerie Jarrett, for one.
CGI Federal...Clinton Global Initiative (CGI)...coincidence

Here

You wouldn't happen to have any links/sources that indicate that the Clintons are in collusion with this Canadian web design company, would you?

So, I have to ask you if you this:

Did you already have a predisposition to the ACA? Your past postings would certainly indicate that before this letter you allegedly received.

Now, I'm an old school "pics or it didn't happen" or "show me the money" kind of guy. Perhaps you can scan and show ATS the letter you received from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield?

I'm sure other ATS members would be willing to help you edit the letter so that no personal information is shown.

The burden of proof is on you, as this is your thread. And to be honest, I'm not seeing any. What I do see, however, is someone that already hated the ACA before this thread was posted.

Of course I already wasn't a "Fan" of Obamacare...I also have been an outspoken critic of Obama, himself.
If you read my earlier initial postings on this thread, I am quite up front about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trust me; thinking Obama and his policies are bad for the country is one thing; receiving a letter cancelling your current insurance coverage and seeing a 60% increase in your rates as a direct result of those policies...is quite another.

One's anger level is increased dramatically...especially when a president you voted against and the law he shoved down this country's throat...finally reaches into your pocket and removes an additional $6000 per year that you'll now not be able to use to pay your bills and support your family.

AND, YES,...the letter actually "Happened"!
Get real, friend...This isn't a thread about seeing Bigfoot or a UFO.

edit on 7-11-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

As the letter states, we still have insurance until February 1, 2014:

"As a convenience to you, we're transitioning you to a health care reform compliant plan upon your renewal date. Your current individual benefit plan will remain in effect until February 1, 2014."

AND:

"Your current individual health benefit plan is still in effect until February 1, 2014. If you choose to automatically move into the plan we selected for you, payment of the new premium will be considered acceptance into your new plan, ANTHEM ESSENTIAL DIRECTACCESS-CBCE at $1,316.06."

My wife is now looking into this and other options for us...but we are still covered until Feb. and will not allow ourselves to not be covered...even though we are both in very good health.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

To everyone saying the people receiving cancellation letters had lousy insurance plans, that's nonsense. I have a family plan with Humana that's currently about $550 a month for my wife and I and 2 healthy kids. It covers routine doctors visits and is an 80/20 plan with decent deductibles and max out of pocket. This plan works just fine for us. Humana just sent me a letter saying I could continue with my current plan until the end of 2014 or opt to switch to an ACA compliant plan now, at a premium of $875 a month. Now before anyone starts saying, yeah but this will be covered and that will be covered blah blah blah, I CHOSE the levels of coverage that I wanted and we could afford. That's the way a consumer chooses a product...based on the features it offers and it's affordability. My wife and I are in our 40's, what the hell do we need coverage for pregnancy for? We have no pre-existing conditions, so why penalize us? Now come the end of 2014, I have to pay almost 60% more!

I really hope that what goes around comes around, and all the people who thought they were getting something for nothing end up paying along with everyone else. When government gets involved in things, they only end up f'ing it up, and this is a prime example.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

I couldn't agree with you more on your points. Really, WE should be able to choose our own coverage; a policy that has what WE need and want. We have no desire nor any need to be covered and pay for maternity, pre-natal care, abortion...etc. Our children are grown.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

He wasn't lying the penalties will be collected by the IRS as part of the new tax code for the implementation of the ACA, this is in response to the Supreme court ruling that ACA can only be enforced as a tax.

Now he may have been no to clear in how the tax for penalty will be collected, you will have to be in really deep debt to the government in order for the government to take you to court first and then ruling of jail time for non payment of taxes.

I am going to go as far as tell you a bit of personal information on my husband and I that over ten years ago didn't filed taxes (even when we did pay taxes) for 5 years, the IRS caught up with us 4 years later everything was settle directly with the IRS we pay back in 2 years, the penalties were dropped and no body from the IRS told us that we were going to jail

Inform yourself of the law and be prepare if you decide to face penalties rather than buying insurance.

Now if you are under the poverty level or on Medicare or Medicaid already, you can not be mandate, or if you make under 11 thousand dollars for a single person household.

This is the poverty level charge I found by the Federal government, but under ACA those number are higher when it come to who qualify for ACA or not, under the mandate, the ACA regulations are so long that is going to be abuses when it comes to interpretation, because its open to more legislation.

aspe.hhs.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

How about hopping on the exchange and see what you can get your new policy for. If you aren't using your MAGI you aren't really going to get the right answer. And if your policy didn't meet the ACA guidelines you didn't really have much of a plan. And you obviously just got it otherwise it would have been grandfathered in. Hmmm now that I think about it, got a copy of your letter? Not that I don't believe you, but...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Yes is non sense as my insurance with Tricare went up without cancellation and it was all over the news because is Tricare for military retirees.

So the government is not going to do a darn thing to help the consumers because they knew about that ACA will not protect anybody from insurance increases.

Most of the big insurance companies like blue cross and blue shield are dropping policies in order to sell the same polices at higher cost.

As a matter of fact my brother in PR is under Blue shield for a family of 5 he was paying 6 hundred dollars a month before ACA I am going to give him a call and find out if his insurance has changed since last year.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is in it"

www.youtube.com...

Video of the Week: “We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it”

blog.heritage.org...

Pelosi famous quote will go into the "annals" of history for generations to come to see the stupidity of our political leaders

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

soundguy
reply to post by IAMTAT

How about hopping on the exchange and see what you can get your new policy for. If you aren't using your MAGI you aren't really going to get the right answer. And if your policy didn't meet the ACA guidelines you didn't really have much of a plan. And you obviously just got it otherwise it would have been grandfathered in. Hmmm now that I think about it, got a copy of your letter? Not that I don't believe you, but...

We did get our policy fairly recently. My wife says early 2011.
And (contrary to your speculation) she shopped around quite a lot at the time...and this was the best policy for coverage and price for our needs that she could find.

Your speculation that because OUR policy didn't meet YOUR or Barack Obama's standards, it "wasn't much of a plan"...is moot to me.

WE chose it; WE liked it; WE were willing to pay for it...and WE wanted to keep it.
I wouldn't dictate to YOU what YOU should buy for YOU or YOUR family...and I certainly would be so presumptuous as to say I better know what's best for you and your family.

If you want Obama...and the federal government deciding whats best for you...Have at it; knock yourself out!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So sorry you were one of the millions caught in this mess.
It's only going to get worse.

It's not just that the website doesn't work.

Horror stories have already surfaced of having online private info falling into unauthorized hands. One guy found out that Obamacare did NOT establish any channels to deal with security breaches. Navigators do NOT undergo background checks. ID theft is a real concern. It took this guy days to erase his online Obamacare account. He is NOT recommending that anyone signup for Obamacare -- too dangerous.

Obamacare will change the availability of healthcare, period.
Most of us will be paying more, a lot more for less, a lot less.

Just so some can get their subsidies. But even when Obamacare is fully implemented, 25 to 30 million will still have NO healthcare coverage.

Just wait until the Employer exemption expires. We have not seen the full horror of what Obamacare is yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Insurance is a scam. I'm forced to get car insurance just to drive my car.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join