It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: worlds best ever scam?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Well I guess you can take that angle as well. And it is true that giving money is the easy way out (and due to the church the least effective). If you really care and want to help your fellow man, get out and actually help him. You don't have to fly halfway around the world to do it either. It could be as simple as volunteering your Saturday at a soup kitchen or donating to Goodwill.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Well I guess you can take that angle as well. And it is true that giving money is the easy way out (and due to the church the least effective). If you really care and want to help your fellow man, get out and actually help him. You don't have to fly halfway around the world to do it either. It could be as simple as volunteering your Saturday at a soup kitchen or donating to Goodwill.

That also...but not alot of that can go on while the little christs are evangelising on the net, arguing the finer points of the little golden book trying to save souls while bodies are starving on the streets, without food, shelter and clothing...and niether is hallelujiasing 7 days a week and twice on sunday in a crystal church, making each other smile with the love of the lord...the greater church has got a lot to answer for...and the body of it needs to pick its game up...big time...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Three pages in and no mention of George Carlin yet...... his take on religion rocked:

www.youtube.com...

Couldnt load it up the conventional way.

Any religion or belief is to me strictly a personal thing, and that's just grand.
Only keep it personal.

Definition: British English: scam: A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax. NOUN

Is religion illegal?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Mufcutcakeyumyum
Three pages in and no mention of George Carlin yet...... his take on religion rocked:

www.youtube.com...

Couldnt load it up the conventional way.

Any religion or belief is to me strictly a personal thing, and that's just grand.
Only keep it personal.

Definition: British English: scam: A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax. NOUN

Is religion illegal?

Does it money-launder, and not pay tax?
Does a bear squat in the woods?

Å99
edit on 6-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hmmm, I dunno but I'm glad you asked.....lets take a minute to take a closer look at that.

Why yes they do.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Mufcutcakeyumyum

Hmmm, I dunno but I'm glad you asked.....lets take a minute to take a closer look at that.

Why yes they do.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: (no reason given)

Nevvver...that has to be photoshopped!...and I don't see any toilet payper!...oh, but there's a rabbit nearby...s'ok...phew...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm certain that when Jesus said "You are the Church™" He meant that we were supposed to be running "Tax Free". If You can get a few moments spare, there is a new TV Show on the Bravo™ network named "L.A. Preachers" and another new series about a "Preacher" in I believe Atlanta and that is ALL they "preach" the Love of $$$ (Timothy 6:10)

ALL Organized ®eligions™ are "different" This makes them the "same" Now remove ALL the dogmatic fecal matter and Voila, Truth is exposed.

But remember when Jesus pointed out the same Lies and manure, "they" killed Jesus and pinned it on His bff, Judas and then Judas becomes the "turd" the 'Lee Harvey' Boo!

Nice, thought provoking thread.

namaste

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Religion and Spirituality are 2 completely different things.
As far as it being world's biggest scam? I don't think so, because I haven't fallen for it!

ETA I believe in the Law of Karma which says that what you put out, you get it back 10 fold, be it good or bad.
Intent is everything.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I know and agree dude, Iam a spiritual person but I fight the good fight against religion, you can believe in God (as do I) and not be religious.
I see many religious types condemning others and not being nice to others because of the persons religion, it just goes against what being "good" is.
I find it funny that some people on ATS think Iam an atheist just because I despise religion, Iam not.
Just look at the Catholics (sorry colbe
) biggest land owners on the planet, golden crosses etc they could sort out world hunger If they wanted to but will not why? because the poor and needy will grasp at anything to get a better life even If that includes falling for the CC's extortion and giving them what little they have.
Iam sure there are some great decent religious people out there but they seem to wrapped up in the dogma of their religion and not actually practicing what they preach.
edit on 7-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

akushla99
Nah man...the abrocker was the biggest scam...at least the bible's free...

Å99

free?
not so fast there
lol

as senior Zulu shaman Credo Mutwa put it
first they had the bible and we had the land
then they said close our eyes and let us prey
when we opened our eyes we had the bible
and they had the land

as Frank Zappa said
TAX THE CHURCHES!

edit on 7-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Great point why are they not taxed? never understood why.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Right on Flyers.

Couldn't agree more...depressingly pathetic isn't it.

There's thousands of 'Abrahams' locked up in prisons and mental hospitals as we type...i'll bet many of their jailers and wardens go to church and praise a man who was supposedly saying exactly what the people they lock up are saying.

Sense make doesn't much very me to.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I think you got it right in the OP

trouble is the religion thing is like the banks, a tool of some very nefarious people who like to turn a profit on a non level playing field
btw
till books, recordings, film and television it was THE cadillac of mind control

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Danbones

akushla99
Nah man...the abrocker was the biggest scam...at least the bible's free...

Å99

free?
not so fast there
lol

as senior Zulu shaman Credo Mutwa put it
first they had the bible and we had the land
then they said close our eyes and let us prey
when we opened our eyes we had the bible
and they had the land

as Frank Zappa said
TAX THE CHURCHES!

edit on 7-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Tax the makers of the abrocker!
I think Moon Unit said that

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry did not read the whole post, although I did read enough. I only have to chime in to say one thing, If the churches started to have to pay taxes, there would me a lot of buliding for rent in the near future.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What is this obsession with abrockers? They do work BTW, if you know how to do a proper crunch with it, and actually use the thing regularly.......

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
IMH(f)O, "organized" religion is like a semi-automatic rifle with a high-capacity drum magazine. You could save lives with it (by taking out a slew of "bad guys" or zombies), or you could do great harm with it.
I can definately see various religion groups acting as a community support structure. Unfortunately, lately I only seem to hear about them as fostering discrimatation and hate.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yep, it sure is...

Basically it just insists on being believed and demands devotion come hell or high water.

If their god were true and omnipotent, he should at least have the power to change his believers' ways but, as is painfully very obvious, that's not the case; I mean, c'mon.

It's only power is secular: influence & wealth.

s&f

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Elostone

Religion and Spirituality are 2 completely different things.

That, right there, is as simple and accurate an answer as you could ever hope to get. I have a ton of faith, but not much of that faith is in churches, religion, or even the Bible for that matter.

It doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He everyone,

Im new to this site and find your discussion very interesting and appreciate BOTH the abundance of sarcasm and the lack of insult and swearing, especially at religion.

I'm not going to try and offer you my understanding of 'god' or provide arguements for a creator, you've all probably come accross your fair share already.

I request as a new memeber.

(i know it will feel silly.. just do it as a special favour for you new unknown friend from London)

just go somewhere private away from people and clutter. And say God, Lord, Creator, Allah(whatever you prefer ) if you exist guide me and show me a sign. say it with an open mind and genuinely (only you will know if you are being genuine!) If you feel different afterwards - it could be a sign - if you don't 'get guided' than you have an argument against god - if he does exist.

I've said a lot for a newbie. take care. shutting up now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join