It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: worlds best ever scam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hey

the problem is obviously that greedy mudflaps will use anything to exploit others for their own gain be that financial or otherwise - organised religion provides a vehicle for them, and has done so imo since the dawn of large settlements.

But is there a problem with like minded folks clubbing together to build a church or place of worship/gathering? Not in my opinion.

Many people of faith have done great things for their fellow humans, the issue is lust for power.

Religion does not have to equal expoitation and lies, despite many instances to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99
Nah man...the abrocker was the biggest scam...at least the bible's free...

Å99

Oh really, you don't say?

www.christianbook.com...

Don't be silly...$20.00 at a motel for a night, and there's a free one in the top drawer...

No free abrockers in motels, dude. (mainly 'cos they don't fit in the top drawer)

Å99
edit on 6-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

You still realize that the motel/hotel bought that bible right?

I don't see why someone would rent a hotel only to read a bible for free..

Who's talking about reading it? It's free silly...

...and you can't take an abrocker from a motel...they don't fit in the top drawer!!!!...so they don't have abrockers...you gotta buy the damn things...see?

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Don't be silly...$20.00 at a motel for a night, and there's a free one in the top drawer...

No free abrockers in motels, dude. (mainly 'cos they don't fit in the top drawer)

Å99

...and you can't take an abrocker from a motel...they don't fit in the top drawer!!!!...so they don't have abrockers...you gotta buy the damn things...see?

Å99

What does fitness equipment have to do with a bible?

Bibles are in hotels, but you can't take the bible home with you when your done with it in a hotel. So it isn't free by any means. You just rent that bible for free for a day. They aren't just tossing out free bibles to people as appreciation for their business. The hotel still bought it, and in order to read it for free from them, you will need to rent a room. So your obviously still paying to read the bible for free indirectly.

That's like me saying I watched a free movie on Netflix, yet i still have to pay Netflix for them to host me that movie. You still pay for their service to have that movie.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Å99

Å99

Bibles are in hotels, but you can't take the bible home with you when your done with it in a hotel. So it isn't free by any means. You just rent that bible for free for a day. They aren't just tossing out free bibles to people as appreciation for their business. The hotel still bought it, and in order to read it for free from them, you will need to rent a room. So your obviously still paying to read the bible for free indirectly.

That's like me saying I watched a free movie on Netflix, yet i still have to pay Netflix for them to host me that movie. You still pay for their service to have that movie.

Yeah, but I'm smart (*points to temple*)...

I don't watch movies on netflix...I'm not stoopid...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

I don't think hotels buy those bibles, some organization puts them in every hotel room. The Scientologists should learn a lesson from that (a copy of "The Creation of Human Ability" in every hotel/motel room in the world, Ron Hubbard would be jumping up and down in his grave).

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

What? Many hotels allow you to use a TV, a bible, a gym, a pool for "free" while you are there. You can't take any of them home with you though.
edit on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 07:34:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Aleister

I don't think hotels buy those bibles, some organization puts them in every hotel room. The Scientologists should learn a lesson from that (a copy of "The Creation of Human Ability" in every hotel/motel room in the world, Ron Hubbard would be jumping up and down in his grave).

Correct! Cigar for you! They steal the bibles from other motels!

How can Hubbard jump up and down in his grave? If he's lying down, and he had a lot of money, he could have bought an abrocker, maybe he's abrockin (haha, little joke).

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Å99

Å99

Å99

Hmmm, personal attacks to better an argument? Interesting..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Aleister

I believe you are referring to these guys:

Gideons International

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

TKDRL

What? Many hotels allow you to use a TV, a bible, a gym, a pool for "free" while you are there. You can't take any of them home with you though.

C'mon?! You can't fit a TV or a gym or a pool in the top drawer! Be sensible...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Å99

Å99

Å99

Hmmm, personal attacks to better an argument? Interesting..

I had no idea you watched movies on netflix! As far as I knew, you were using it is an illustration...and I did say 'I'm not stoopid'...not you!

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

TKDRL

Yup, you only borrow them. And borrow has a much different definition than free.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Lingweenie

TKDRL

Yup, you only borrow them. And borrow has a much different definition than free.

I've never had a card to borrow from a motel, like a library card (what motels are you going to?)...pay my $20 clams, bible under my waistcoat, free bible!

You CANNOT fit an abrocker under a waistcoat (I've tried!)

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Don't you people ever get tired of this crap? You're worse than jehova's witnesses banging on the door every second sunday...

You should just carry little backpacks and wear vests like mormons so we can put you on auto-ignore. What's it like to spend so much of your waking consciousness thinking about stuff you consider to be BS?

For something so "ridiculous", some of you spend an awful lot of time dwelling on it. I know I know... You just want to save our non-existent souls.

Maybe if you put all of your propaganda into a little hand held book and numbered your thoughts it would make things easier? I guess that's something worth considering at next Sunday's "Atheist Church" meeting.

Irony can be funny sometimes.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

akushla99

Lingweenie

TKDRL

I've never had a card to borrow from a motel, like a library card (what motels are you going to?)...pay my $20 clams, bible under my waistcoat, free bible!

Å99

That would be a stolen bible. Not a free bible.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Lingweenie

akushla99

Lingweenie

TKDRL

Å99

That would be a stolen bible. Not a free bible.

I'm sure the church isn't short of money, my friend...have you been to Rome lately?

Seems they could feed the worlds population with that filthy lucre...don't you?

Kinda see where I've been going?

I'm 'stealing' a bible...while the Citizens within the city within a city are sitting on bazillions...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Feed my hungry, shelter my homeless, clothe my unclad...and wash your hands under gold taps/faucets...

Who do you think is being scammed?

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Hey wasting your money every Sunday is your prerogative. If you don't want to change your mind about religion in spite of the overwhelming evidence that it is a slavery tool of the masses, that is your decision to make. However, we aren't actually preaching to anyone here. We are discussing how religion is a tool of subjugation and power. If that bothers you, don't participate. However to not air these issues into the open is bad and allows for the church to continue to sweep this under the rug, which is what they want. Keep playing into their hands and furthering their greedy grab for more power and money.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Hey wasting your money every Sunday is your prerogative. If you don't want to change your mind about religion in spite of the overwhelming evidence that it is a slavery tool of the masses, that is your decision to make. However, we aren't actually preaching to anyone here. We are discussing how religion is a tool of subjugation and power. If that bothers you, don't participate. However to not air these issues into the open is bad and allows for the church to continue to sweep this under the rug, which is what they want. Keep playing into their hands and furthering their greedy grab for more power and money.

I am preaching! I'm telling them to put thier money where thier mouth is - go to Pappy, tell him to sell up and feed the hungry, clothe the unclad and house the homeless...get off the Net, stop your empty preaching and DO something about it!

otherwise, it's all...

E m p t y

R h e t o r i c

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
Don't you people ever get tired of this crap? You're worse than jehova's witnesses banging on the door every second sunday...

You should just carry little backpacks and wear vests like mormons so we can put you on auto-ignore. What's it like to spend so much of your waking consciousness thinking about stuff you consider to be BS?

For something so "ridiculous", some of you spend an awful lot of time dwelling on it. I know I know... You just want to save our non-existent souls.

Maybe if you put all of your propaganda into a little hand held book and numbered your thoughts it would make things easier? I guess that's something worth considering at next Sunday's "Atheist Church" meeting.

Irony can be funny sometimes.

You may consider it an irony, but this is something that has been coming a long time. Just as gays finally got tired of hiding in the closet, fearing the hatred of others, and indeed, fearing for their very life. There are many atheists(among others) who are also tired of hiding in the closet, and/or keeping their mouth shut. The fear atheists once had is subsiding, and has turned into anger, because of oppression from the church, and a "Christian" society.

The backlash that's coming against Christianity, and other religions that atheists consider oppressive, is unfortunate, but the steam is building.
edit on 11/6/2013 by Klassified because: edit

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join