It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I buy my gf a hottub????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
My girlfriend bought a house. She's excited about it and is constantly doing stuff to fix it up. I had told her originally that I'd be open to buying her a hottub if she wants to put that in. And she's so maticulous that I think she'd keep it going. I on the other hand am like nearly homeless. I'm not even renting. I'm worse than that ha ha. LOL it's crazy. But it's just temporary. but I was thinking of maybe seeing if she'd be still open to the idea of getting that hottub. Maybe just go halfers on it with her. That way I could use it anytime I go to her place. Alternatively my relatives which I stay at might allow me to get one. But the way there place is set up, I know I'd have to constantly maintain it and I don't plan to be her for long so the moment I leave they'd likely not bother with it. I don't think thy're keen on it anyway. But again my GF might likely go for the idea. I'm just debating it. They're a lot of work and expense too though. That's the only draw back. But I just love hot tubs. My plan, if I could ever get motivatd about it, is to buy a house again, and the very first thing I'm gonna do now is buy a hot tub. It's so crazy cuz I use to flip houses back in the day when I was young and dumb. But I never bothered to pay off a house and actually live in it and settle down. Then when there was a down turn for me economially I kind ended up homeless. What a pain. But it's just temporary. I should be able to turn things around. Wow the things you learn when in exile! I feel like I'm on redemption island wanting to get back to where I once was. It sucks. But I learned one thing, a series of bad decisions and or paniced decisions and screw you royally! ahhh man. Talk about a wake up call. But tha'ts life. All you can do it try to do better next time.

So what about the hottub, do you think I should help her get one? I know she probably won't buy one fully on her own as she's strapped from trying to work a day job to pay off the house. I'd almost be tempted to move in with her but I like my freedom too much still ahhhh, it's a catch 22.

edit on 2-11-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I tried my first hot tub about a month ago, it was outside 20 miles from the closest city so the stars were out.

WOW.

I suffer from back problems and had agitated it earlier that day, a 15 minute bubbly hot soak fixed it!!!!!! So i now want one, but they are too expensive for me
If i had the cash and didn't have something "more important" i would get one.

What should you do? Well thats your call

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If you are in the USA check craigslist for a used one, way cheaper to buy.

read thru your post like it is someone else. I am no one to judge, but I think this may be another bad/hasty decision.

peace

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Get back on your feet again before buying unnecessary and expensive purchases. IMO in would be an act of financial irresponsibility.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I think you oughta buy the hot tub.

It'll help you commit a little bit more to the relationship and you'll have a reason to spend more time off-line. Then again, I'm old, what would I know?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So many issues. Not sure what you are going to do with your future, not sure if you want to keep paying your contractor, trying to figure out cheap gifts to buy your family for Christmas, and now: If you should help your girlfriend buy a hot tub. You sound like a rich self entitled prick to me. Maybe tell your girlfriend to buy her own hot tub and spend the money you'll save on Christmas presents for your family? Nah.... Screw your contractor and your family. Buy your GF a hot tub and LOL about it later...

PS:

I feel like a jackass for ever having felt sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Unless you are a big time sugar daddy, don't buy things like this unless you are living together or married. It's a permanent fixture in a home and until you are sharing it full time, I say wait.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You're practically homeless and your gf bought a house and you want to buy her a hot tub???

I am kind of confused. I think you should worry about you right now before buying her a hot tub.

Why don't you guys live together? Have you been together long?

If you were my bf and you were practically homeless and i just bought a house I'd be asking you to move in instead of being practically homeless and I'd worry about a hot tub later.

No I don't think you should buy her a hot tub. Get on your feet first

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

A hot tub investment for a house you don't even own? you whipped? save your money man. It is pretty ridicules you'd even consider such a huge expense when you don't even have your own home. If you must be stupid though use craigstlist because we sold our top of the line tub for a tenth of the floor room cost on there and I saw many more also at the same discounted price. Don't be stupid though please....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If I were you, I wouldn't buy the hot tub.

Relationships don't last these days.

Save your money.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

You're practically homeless and your gf bought a house and you want to buy her a hot tub???

I am kind of confused. I think you should worry about you right now before buying her a hot tub.

Why don't you guys live together? Have you been together long?

If you were my bf and you were practically homeless and i just bought a house I'd be asking you to move in instead of being practically homeless and I'd worry about a hot tub later.

No I don't think you should buy her a hot tub. Get on your feet first

Ya you got a good point.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

So many issues. Not sure what you are going to do with your future, not sure if you want to keep paying your contractor, trying to figure out cheap gifts to buy your family for Christmas, and now: If you should help your girlfriend buy a hot tub. You sound like a rich self entitled prick to me. Maybe tell your girlfriend to buy her own hot tub and spend the money you'll save on Christmas presents for your family? Nah.... Screw your contractor and your family. Buy your GF a hot tub and LOL about it later...

PS:

I feel like a jackass for ever having felt sorry for you.

What's up your butt? I didn't screw the contractor, I only already paid them 10times what they should have been paid. And I'm fully under my rights to end the deal at anytime. I've been told I should take them to court for fraud for how much they charged. I don't think I'm gonna do that but I certainly need to cut my losses. You don't know sheat about that. And ya I have to buy gifts for like 20 people plus I'm out of work so I'm not exactly looking at spending alot for a legit reason so shut up! And ya my gf is a very good person and if anyone deserves a hottub its her. What's your problem, I'm just shooting the sheat, take a chill pill.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I love mine and only use it in the winter. Back when I used to smoke, I could sit in it for hours and just watch the stars or read a book with a couple of beer.

There are very cheap ways to get a hottub. Check repos, estate sales, divorces, etc.

Think outside the box and you may get lucky. We got a new one at Costco...it was 1/4 of the cost of the previous one that we got from a "name brand" store and just as good.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There's something seriously wrong with your thought processes. You write like a kid who barely got out of high school with C's, you 'used to make money flipping houses but now you're homeless', but someday you're going to get your act together and buy a house, you're staying with people who 'aren't keen on the idea of a hot tub at their house', (nor are they keen on YOU at their house); you post a picture of a particularly pretty all lit up 'oooo shiny!' hot tub which tells me you probably have issues with rank materialism and inability to control yourself even a bit, you apparently aren't planning to get a regular job any time soon because you probably think 'flipping houses' will come back into economic vogue sometime soon when it's obvious to the most comatose sheep that we're in a permanent economic tailspin and you spend a lot of time here writing self indulgent drivel...

My question is, why is your girlfriend bothering with you if she can hold down a job and has bought a house, and how is it you're basically homeless if your girlfriend has a house? And what does she see in you?

What's really going on here is, you think by buying her a hot tub, you'll be buying her in one way or another, whether 'strings attached' or guilt trip or something, and you'll be able to use the hot tub yourself (but SHE'LL take care of it for you!!) because in your not-terribly-dealing-with-reality mind, you've been unable to prioritize RIDICULOUS LUXURIES up against NECESSITIES.

For cripes' sake, grow up. If you're anything over 16 years old, this is ridiculous.

PS: You don't have to 'buy presents for like 20 people' EVER, FOR ANY REASON. Christmas is a load of advertising-driven claptrap brought to you by the Walmarts of America Association. No one ever needs to give anyone a present, ever. Get out of that mental mode NOW, everybody. Consumerism is killing the planet. And kill your goddam teevee, it's making you stupid.
edit on 5158911amSaturdayf58Sat, 02 Nov 2013 09:58:51 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: stop asking me that question

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Weeehoo did it get *HOT* in here!!!

Imma jump in my nice cool tub!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm with the others who think it would be irresponsible to buy a hot tub when you are in the situation you are in. Think about getting steady work and supporting yourself before buying unnecessary items.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow, lmao! You bring out the kindness and caring in people huh? I'm with the others, no hot tub. Take a bubble bath with candles, pretend it is out under the stars. Poverty is hard. You want to get past it, this is not the way.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

lol...bunch of envious people that think they know how to run everyones life better and can solve all your problems/judge every decision you made when all you asked was a simple question.

It boils down to your choice.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Whether you decide to buy the tub for your gf is a personal decision based on the relationship you two share. Since I'm not privy to that I can't say if the relationship is worth the investment, only you know that.

With that being said we love our hot tub. We bought it used 13 years ago and it's still going strong.

We were a regular fixture at the hot tub/wood stove store. We went in to get something for the wood stove, saw the tubs and that's all it took.

We couldn't afford the bigger tubs, the cheaper two person were so small and still pricey. We got friendly with one salesmen and his son had just purchased a new tub and wanted to sell his old one.

We knew nothing about them but we knew the salesmen. The heater had been replaced and the tub was being used/in good shape. We got it in two payments, lay-away. A friend with heavy equipment put it on our upper deck for a case of beer. The wiring costs a bit but it was doable.

We love it! It's the gift that keeps on giving. If you can't afford a vacation, there's always the hot tub. We use it year round. There's really very little maintenance. I keep the chemicals up/test, vacuum the bottom with a siphon hose as needed, hose off the filter/do partial water changes occasionally, depending on use. I change out the water entirely maybe 2-3 times a year and that's it.

Ours is a 6 person capacity but more comfortably holds 4. Since it's older it's pretty basic not many bells and whistle to break. We've replaced the circulation pump and transformer. Both were fairly inexpensive, we ordered the parts online and my hubby replaced them no problem. A hailstorm tore up our cover so we replaced that but the original tub salesmen, I love him, rounded us up a new one at half the cost.

We soaked last night and slept so well. Any aches pains we might have are completely soaked away. We star gaze and have the best conversations. It's a great place to discuss ATS topics. Even when we're broke/poor we always feel like a million bucks in our cheap used hot tub. It's well insulated so the electric isn't bad, we cut corners in other ways.

There's nothing like being in the tub on a cold snowy night and coming into our cozy wood stove heated nest. It's the best. Summers we turn the heater way down, use it day/night. We're in Colorado so even summer nights can be chilly.

I say you only live once get the damn tub. It can only improve your relationship. It's a great place to connect/talk things out. We do the best brainstorming in the tub. Imo every house should have one.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Buy the Hot Tube!
I am sure her new working boyfriend will enjoy it way more then you will..... just sayin.

Read your own post then You answer your own question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join