It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I buy my gf a hottub????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

No.

If you can afford a hot-tub, you can afford to rent a cheap "home" of your own. What is wrong with you??!!

Especially since you said you "don't plan on being her" (which I guess means being WITH her) for long...
doing this would be, well, illogical. Reckless, and futile.

Get your act together, friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just mentioned this thread to my husband. His first reaction was no way. He said if you break up there would be no way of getting it back. It can be moved, we moved ours from one place to another.

I don't think that should factor into your decision. If finances allow think of it as a gift. Couples exchange expensive gifts all the time, trips, electronics etc. I'd rather have a hot tub than a ring/jewelry any day.

If you keep costs down it'd cost no more than all the crap people gift each other all the time.

After putting it that way my hubby says "there's no better way to spend time off from work than hot tubbing with a naked lady...enjoy!"

Who knows you might brainstorm yourself a job.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So.. real thread title "should I convince my gf to get a hottub with me?"

My grandparents put one in by their pool like 10 years ago and I was excited at first, but I've used it maybe a dozen times. Youd prob save money and have more fun getting a hot tub room with youre gf at a hotel on occasion. Just make sure its a clean hotel.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No don't buy it. This is why majority of americans are in debt. They buy stuff that they can't afford or they waste their money on things you can live without.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
spartacus is that you throwing the cash around what ever happened to a box of chocs and a bottle of nice wine bud .

look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves / just do some decorating for her when she is at work get the paint cheap in a sale .

then when she gets home from work have the petals all over the bed
job done

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

So.. real thread title "should I convince my gf to get a hottub with me?"

My grandparents put one in by their pool like 10 years ago and I was excited at first, but I've used it maybe a dozen times. Youd prob save money and have more fun getting a hot tub room with youre gf at a hotel on occasion. Just make sure its a clean hotel.

Yaa it's funny, because I've heard this so much now that kinda makes you wonder if it's worth all the work and expense.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

wildtimes

No.

If you can afford a hot-tub, you can afford to rent a cheap "home" of your own. What is wrong with you??!!

Especially since you said you "don't plan on being her" (which I guess means being WITH her) for long...
doing this would be, well, illogical. Reckless, and futile.

Get your act together, friend.

Ya I hear you, I think I'm gonna just leave it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have one. They are REALLY expensive. Plus you have to hook them up (if it's electrical) and that has to be done properly and costs even more. When I first got mine we were in it every night--every single night, and it was very nice. But the fact is it took 30-60 minutes out of our evening and it got to the point that we started to skip it. Now it's not even on, since the electricity to keep it at 101 degrees was about $50/month. We use it as emergency water storage. I have to clean it regularly to keep the slugs out. yeah, that's yucky. Also, the insulated top will wear out. I'm on my third top, which costs several hundred dollars to buy. There's always something going wrong with the pump, the electrical system, the ozone maker, etc. I think every part on there has been replaced multiple times over the 15+ years I've had it.

And all the time I've had it I have been well employed with a steady relationship in a house I own free and clear. Add the ephemeral nature of what you have said about jobs girl friend's, etc., and I'm just not seeing this as a good decision. No offense to you or your decisions. But a hot tub is a serious liability and hassle even if everything else is going well in your life.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I thought your local water was full of....."stuff"
Should people be marinating in it?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

geobro
spartacus is that you throwing the cash around what ever happened to a box of chocs and a bottle of nice wine bud .

look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves / just do some decorating for her when she is at work get the paint cheap in a sale .

then when she gets home from work have the petals all over the bed
job done
and get her one of those lady's things that buzz
saves all the energy you cannot compete with duracell batterys way cheaper than a hot tub and it will put a smile on her face

top topics

<< 1   >>

join