It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents' fury after cops Taser their EIGHT-YEAR-OLD daughter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

CoherentlyConfused
At least they didn't shoot her. Plus one for that, I guess.

I have to wonder what pharmaceuticals this child was on. What is it with such young kids wanting to die these days? If she is not on any psych meds, there is no part of me that can fathom what she could have possibly gone through to drive her to act that way but something horrific must have.

Eight years old.
My 9-year-old kids still play with Pokemon and My Little Pony figures. They throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way; they don't pull a knife and threaten suicide.

Maybe the kids mad as hell about losing all of her brothers, sisters, and cousins to the Obama abortionists.

Awwwwwww.......did I go too far?

NOT - Why? because the best way to create a perfect storm in the family unit and within the structure of society in particular, and in the culture generally - is by means of the crimes of ABORTION, which has many tentacles.

This child is obviously a victim of her times - of her disjointed and convoluted culture - much of which can be laid at the feet of abortion. This is not mere hyperbole either - study the facts. Look to China BTW

edit on 25-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I've read all previous posts. And I still don,t know either this one act was a good call or some sick bts. enjoyment, I think it boils down to trust.

Do we trust those who we give license to shoot kill or main. Can we trust them? I don't know, but I lean not to. There are just too many stories of brutality.

Way too many unanswered questions on this one.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heckya

I am in that boat with you my friend.

This has been an amazingly good debate, by and large everyone has really provided well thought out arguments regarding their perceptions of the story. I think some have touched lightly on the 'control' aspect of my OP...that tasers have retarded the police's ability to use other measured responses and communication to gain control of a situation.
That video of the crazy samurai dude was a great addition: Who didn't watch that and think, "That would NEVER happen today. Guy would be dead in 1 minute?" Those officers were actually serving and protecting the very man they had to disarm, and did so in the most humane and measured way they could.

Today? The only answer to any "control" issue (from calm disagreements to unresponsive persons on the ground) is taser...or worse.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

No, this is fine, go read the thread where they shoot a 13 year old.

This girl is lucky she didn't get riddled with bullets the way the PD has been acting lately.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
further info on this story I dredged up:

usnews.nbcnews.com...

Grandpre said the child had the tip of the knife to her chest and then moved toward a hallway that could have taken her out of the officers' sight, posing a potential threat.
When one of the officers approached her, the girl pointed the knife at the officer and then back at herself, Grandpre said. That's when the officer used the Taser, whose prongs lodged in her chest and stomach, Grandpre said.
The girl — who medical personnel said showed no stab wounds on her leg — was observed for a few hours and released to the custody of her parents. The conduct of the officer — who also hasn't been identified — remains under review and he remains on the job.

www.capjournal.com...

Three different reviews have or will be conducted in the case of the Pierre police officer who used his Taser on an 8-year-old girl earlier this month. While a review conducted shortly after the incident determined there was no misuse of force, the Pierre Police Department has requested the state Attorney General’s office also investigate the officer’s response and is assembling a third group to examine the department’s Taser policies.

And finally, an (information-wise) useless video I found on YT:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What kind of parent's have an 8 year old on the brink of suicide, wielding knives dangerously? I have a 7 and 9 year old and they just love to be kids and play. What has this world come to?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They should of let the little brat kill herself.. Darwins theory and all. .. If they would of just let her kill herself then everyone would be bitching about how they didn't do enough to stop her... Why stop her she wants to die. The girl sounds possessed she belongs in a mental institution.. We don't need her growing up in society.
For all we know this could of been all set up to sue the police org for cash. Story seems fishy the parents call the cops on her and when they do something they are upset and are wanting sue and so outraged.. sounds STAGED..
edit on 25-10-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by superman2012

I maintain my original assertions. You must not have read my post, or any by others others, noting that she could have more easily died from falling on the knife than stabbing herself. I also explained the ratio of good cop to bad cop stories.

People like you fail to understand how important it is that we are all critical of our police forces.
edit on 25-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

I read your post and disagreed with your assertion.

She could have done many things that didn't happen. Hypothetical situations are not real.
I am critical of the police force, when they deserve it. In this case they didn't.

Whether she killed herself or died after falling on the blade, neither situation happened because of this officer. People like you like to make mountains out of molehills when someone didn't die.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
seeker1963:

I have to say they did what they had to, to save a young, disturbed girls life...

DeadSeraph:

The officer obviously did what he felt was necessary to save the girls life.

I suppose you both think you are thinking in logical and reasonable terms? You're not. You are both being incredibly absurd.

CoherentlyConfused:

At least they didn't shoot her.

Yes they did, they shot her with a taser...they electrocuted her.

Are we to believe this little eight year old girl was such a danger that grown men (police men!!!) could not cover the short distance between them and the girl and pin her arms? Did she strike so much fear into them that their only possible act was to temporarily electrocute her!

This is what passes for policing in America? If it was his daughter would he have tased her, or would he have rushed her? I just cannot believe some of the comments, some of you are utterly disconnected from any capability of rational thought, but then, this website is full of absurdity. You argue 'what if' scenarios as if they are appropriate retorts to critical questions.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

In other words you choose to dismiss the bad decision made by the officer, because it didn't end as badly as it could have. Am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

...and if they rushed her and she stabbed herself you would be on here bemoaning their stupid decision. Just admit that they can't do anything right and people will start a crusade no matter what the police do.

No one died, no one permanently hurt. Isn't that good enough?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

In other words you choose to dismiss the bad decision made by the officer, because it didn't end as badly as it could have. Am I wrong?

You claim it is a bad decision. Were you there? Were you that officer? Do you know what was going through his mind? Did this happen before to him and instead of reacting quickly, the person killed themselves and he didn't want a repeat? Do you know what the girl was thinking?

I wasn't there. I don't pretend to know any of the answers to the questions that are pertinent to understanding this situation. I'm just happy she is alive. Isn't that enough?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

In a different thread, I was recently reminded that the goal here is not to persuade the fools who make illogical arguments, but rather to expose the fallacies of such arguments to the undecided reader.

ATS is much less disheartening if you keep this in mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I lived in SD and as a teenger that liked to go out and drink, I can assure you cops would rather taser a person than ask questions.

Just another story for this boneheaded, power hungry, moron to tell his cop buddies.

As a side note, this cop is a pansy as he couldn't rip the knife from an 8 year olds hands. PATHETIC.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

In a different thread, I was recently reminded that the goal here is not to persuade the fools who make illogical arguments, but rather to expose the fallacies of such arguments to the undecided reader.

ATS is much less disheartening if you keep this in mind.

I always keep that in mind when replying to posts.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Typical defense of an officer accused of bad judgement, and a wholly irrelevant point.

No one can ever get inside another person's head, but that doesn't mean there are not right and wrong courses of action. For all we know, the officer was thinking "i hope i get to zap this little girl. Or maybe I can shoot her!"

There is no way of knowing a person's intentions in a given circumstance. As third parties, all we can do is analyze the facts and decide what we think the best choice would be.

By your logic, if a cop is frightened of a situation, that is justification enough for him to start shooting.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

really? "this girl is a danger to herself! here, have some heart stopping electricity in the chest!"

cmon guys. an 8 year old girl with a knife contemplating suicide. you don't need a taser to stop that.

those no hesitation targets are doing their job.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Superman2012:

...and if they rushed her and she stabbed herself...

Another 'what if' argument not even relevant at all. Stabbed herself! Are you for real? You actually think she would have stabbed herself, that she would have had the time and the presence of mind to do so? The distance at which she was tased from could have easily have been covered by a grown man.

You know what, I cannot believe I am having to supply rational thought against illogical argument. I must be a glutton for mental anguish knowing that people with mindsets like you are walking around out there. I think the only cure for the headache you give me is if mankind drops the bomb on itself, and save us all from further anguish.

superman2012:

I always keep that in mind when replying to posts.

Wow! Lol! You can't even see when you are the subject of his post! Lol!
edit on 25/10/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

There is no way of knowing a person's intentions in a given circumstance. As third parties, all we can do is analyze the facts and decide what we think the best choice would be.

You are 100% right.

That is why all we can do is "think" and "decide" for ourselves. Not for anyone else.

I have my opinion and you have yours. Neither of us have proof of anything besides the fact that we have differing opinions.

As to defending this officer...unless you have proof that I am missing, I'm going to go with "he may have saved that girls life and if it were my daughter, I would thank him."

You can get mad at no one if your daughter kills herself and no one intervened that could have. That is your choice.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

elysiumfire
Superman2012:

...and if they rushed her and she stabbed herself...

Another 'what if' argument not even relevant at all. Stabbed herself! Are you for real? You actually think she would have stabbed herself, that she would have had the time and the presence of mind to do so? The distance at which she was tased from could have easily have been covered by a grown man.

You know what, I cannot believe I am having to supply rational thought against illogical argument. I must be a glutton for mental anguish knowing that people with mindsets like you are walking around out there. I think the only cure for the headache you give me is if mankind drops the bomb on itself, and save us all from further anguish.

She had the time and presence of mind to threaten it and get a knife and hold it to herself. What make you think that is illogical??!?
As I stated before, I don't know what she was thinking nor do I pretend to know (unlike you other psychics). All I know is the facts.
How far apart were they? Nothing in the way? You willing to bet YOUR kids life that you could rush them before they did it? Too many what ifs and maybes in your "logical" scenario.

Please please please U2U me when you start supplying rational thought...I would love to see it.
edit on 25-10-2013 by superman2012 because: spelling

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join