It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backdoor to View Obamacare Prices

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Sadly is not check send home, the subsidies as I have read already will go directly to the insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

elouina
reply to post by AlienScience

Not certain what number you got for your price, but the top platinum plan is a 90% deductible. And the rates are according to age. So if you are 25 years old, you fare well, 50 you pay double. If you smoke the average penalty is $125 a month per person. But this penalty depends on your state. Income also makes a huge difference also. If you are poor, then yes your numbers will be much lower. Me and my husband would have to pay the entire $18,000 a year if I didn't have work provided insurance.

edit on 24-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

I put in all my and my families information. We are a young family with no smokers. The Platinum plan I qualify for has a ZERO dollar deductible and a max out of pocket of $1,500. It is pricey, but still less than what I currently pay for a plan that is still good, but doesn't touch this platinum plan ($2,500 deductible for 3 family members before 100% co-insurance kicks in, plus no preventative care and a really crappy Rx plan).

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is a plus for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would see an increase of 629 dollars a month. 629 hundred dollars. Non-Smokers and not pre-existing. This would be to have the same BCBS coverage I have now. I mean, it is bad enough that between taxes and healthcare this year I will pay out almost 20k total. This would add another 7200 dollars a year...

They want to break us so we have to go on subsidized living and medical care. SNAP..the works. Then they can cut it back. Control.

Sorry, I wish I would have seen something that would help but this is horrible....

I was hoping that there would be a decrease to help to control the out of control costs that these bastards charge without government involvement.

This is all for data gathering folks...all for data gathering.

edit on 10pm31pmf0000002013-10-24T15:07:41-05:000341 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Also, I have seen that premiums for employers (clients) jumped anywhere from 9 to 34% this year. 34% raise in premium cost. For what? Wellness plans and separate rates that employers used to give for non smoker/smoker are also giving way to Biometric testing. If you met a specific amount of the criteria there is not a discount but you will pay less than someone who does NOT qualify. Employers got kickbacks at one time and this is going away also.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a little clarity to the datasets I posted in the OP.

The states included only seem to be the states that did not set up their own managed exchanges. If you live in a state that created it's own exchange you would probably do better looking for prices and providers there.

New Mexico and Idaho can be found in another part of the site.

I believe that the outrageous prices found for Arizona and Virginia are annual premiums as opposed to monthly premiums as listed in other states.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I still can not comprehend how the government even assume that people struggling to have ends meet in this economy of job outsourcing and budget cuts, will be forced to foot over a thousand dollars of insurance a month, without taking into consideration the monetary means of the individual families.

It most be that most of our politi Craps live in Richistan America where they have not a worry in the world and never have to lower themselves to the level of the middle working class to even experience what it is to live pay check to pay check.

edit on 24-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

That's the same price I would pay with my cobra rates 1500 monthly..

This is an insane venture..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In 2011 we gave 49.5 billion dollars in foreign aid...that we know of and is accounted for. WITF do I have to pay anything for insurance or anyone else? Why???? Because of pharma companies. Sorry, I think I will take Big Oil and 2.00 dollar gas over this # any day...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i didn't check the prices here, but I have been researching on other web sites. If you shop around outside the exchange, you will soon realize that, most insurance companies now offer only plans with higher deductible ( 5 times higher, starting at 5K in most cases) for 3 times the price.

I posted this in another thread, it is relevant here as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join