It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backdoor to View Obamacare Prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Might wanna check this out before it's locked down. I present to you, unsubsidized Obamacare plans and prices.

Dataset for Obamacare Premiums and Providers

Might come back and edit this in a moment wanted to get the info up, and hope I haven't been beat to the punch. I haven't looked to deeply into it yet, and I really hope the site is legit.

Looks to me like there are a whole lot of places that only have a single provider and the monthly premiums are pretty damn high. Seems to be unsubsidized prices.

Edit to add:
In less than an hour I was able to find the information I needed in order to compare my employer provided coverage to what is available on the exchange. It took nearly three hours on the healthcare.gov site to just put in my info and I still didn't get a list or even a link to the coverages available in my area.
edit on 23-10-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Interesting. My state WA wasn't on the list though.

Couldn't tell if some of those prices were monthly, if they were YOW!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

i think they are monthly prices, they match what i saw on the quote feature that they put back in that they removed for a while.

edit on 23-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't think I'm curious enough to let my browser anywhere near that url...

It's healthcare.gov

I hear everything is mind numbingly expensive, and beyond the reach of the lower middle class, without destroying their quality of life.

ETA:

Besides, if I go look, they'll just claim I'm part of the "overwhelming traffic" desperately seeking coverage.

Getting 300 million people to send cold, hard, cash to your buddies in the insurance industry, every month, doesn't sound very caring to me.

It sounds more like a shakedown.

I do not support this kind of forced redistribution... period.

edit on 23-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The data seems legit and it clearly states monthly premiums in the columns with prices. I'm pretty sure those are the unsubsidized prices. Since I finally knew the provider ( only one choice in my area, lots of choice there ) I was able to go to the Blue Cross Blue shield website and the names of the plans in the data set matched for 2014. I'm currently comparing the costs and coverages to my employer provided insurance plan. Luckily I'm in my work's open enrollment period so I have both the employer and personal contribution amounts to the plan that covers me.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

If this is legit...one provider in my area.....There were at least 20 choices before Obamacare. My new monthly rate is equivalent to a monthly mortgage payment....

Thanks for posting.

Des

edit on 23-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by jefwane

Interesting. My state WA wasn't on the list though.

Most Americans dont realize the cost of premiums because there employer picks up a large part of it but your company spends thousand on insurance per person. Thats why eventually there going to realize its cheaper to pay the fine then provide insurance. So the government gets to pocket that money and you have to go buy health insurance win win for government and health insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes they were monthly. I continued coverage while unemployed for a bit and it was ~ $600/mo for a family.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow!
Almost 800 a month for a "silver" family plan with no mention of what the deductible would be.

I am so glad that my employer has not dropped our insurance!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

If you want to find out the actual coverages you're going to have to match the company and the plan name up on their sites. I was able to find the available plans for a couple of areas of interest to me by matching the provider and plan name on the provider's site.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Where I live here in southern GA is not going to be an Obama insurance change due to no competition, this along will make insurance premiums go to the roof.

When is not competition because is only one hospital available the hospital will control the prices.

That is what goes on in my neck of the woods we got a monopoly and not regulation, because the hospital donations to the whores in city government are already too deep in their pockets.

Money talks and screw the rest.

But been the area is welfare only those that are working and able will be forced to pay, the rest do not even qualify for the program.
edit on 23-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Great job finding this. I did a couple sorts on the family plan, you want to live in Kansas with the monthly premium at around $250, you don't want to live in Virginia with it at $6,500. That difference is ludicrous and just shows once again how f-ed up the Obamacare system is. BTW, there are 80,000 lines of different rates for different locations and plans. Many of those lines don't have any rates on them. Little wonder that the system crashes.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Actually lots of employers will go for the cheapest insurance with the burden of the deductibles left to the employees.

My husband do not need insurance from his employer because he is a retire Marine, so the company he works for is a big company that works for the government they just pay my husband monthly for supplemental insurance that we actually do not need, so the money goes into my husbands pocket.

I wonder if when Obamacrap hits that money will no longer be pay out.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by jefwane

If this is legit...one provider in my area.....There were at least 20 choices before Obamacare. My new monthly rate is equivalent to a monthly mortgage payment....

Thanks for posting.

Des

edit on 23-10-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Mine is the same as yours in terms of comparison to real world things. Yup... Damn near dollar to dollar on my mortgage payment ... and that wasn't for the bells and whistles whizzy bang version, either.

That removes any doubt I ever had..especially in seeing the family running almost double by mortgage. This isn't suggested, of course, we must remember. These payments are to be the legally required ones we make .

I don't know what to say? Impossible. In a single word. Impossible. How else can I put that, eh?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I see many similarities with the policies.

Lower monthly cost = higher deductibles.

A lot of people won't be able to afford this.

The cost will be part of the problem, but the deductible will force the bankruptcies higher than what they are now

This is not looking good !!!!

Line up your consultations with the bankruptcy lawyers ahead of time !!!!

and get some assets well hidden !!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Looks like Humana, and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield have most of Georgia locked up with some odd providers here and there in certain counties. I live in Alabama now and only have BCBS as the provider in my area, but I looked pretty closely at Georgia since I still have family there.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am self employed and haven't really gone to look at the exchanges yet.

I purchase my own insurance for my family and have a pregnancy rider on it since my wife is still of child bearing age. So I just went on that site out of curiosity, wasn't really planning on changing my insurance because it was grandfathered in and it has served us very well. To verify these were true numbers, I went on the insurance companies own website to get more details on the plans (deductible, co-insurance, etc.)....and wow....I'm pretty damn happy.

Hell yes, I am going to change my insurance now. My premiums will be going down slightly...but I can buy a platinum plan for less than what I am paying now. That means $0 deductible and 100% co-insurance after that....WTF...for real? I have a $3,000 deductible right now for each person...and now it is going to be ZERO and I get a slight break on my premiums? I honestly don't know what people are complaining about. I could go for an equivalent plan and get a larger break on my premiums...but a zero deductible is sounding really nice.

I honestly don't think people understand what they could possibly be getting compared to what they currently have.
edit on 23-10-2013 by AlienScience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Yes humana is a big provider around my neck of the woods, but with only one hospital available exchanges are out of the question.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

No doubt some people are in a sweet spot and might even benefit from this. These are unsubsidized prices, but from your comments (and professed ability to afford some type of insurance right now) I doubt you'd qualify for any subsidy anyway ( I think some level of subsidy is available up until $90k in income, so it's worth checking out for you.) I think you actually might benefit from it because currently you aren't in any sort of group plan and the exchange should theoretically get you coverage similar to what would be offered in a large group plan like those offered by an employer ( minus the employer contribution of course). I know the prices on that link are unsubsidized and am pretty certain they don't include any smoker surcharge. I honestly hope you are right and get a better deal than you have now.

I think where the sticker shock is going to come on the lower end plans for the folks who make too much to qualify for medicaid so end up in a subsidized bronze plan with a $12K family deductible. The $12k Deductible would be just as bankrupting to someone of those means as having no insurance.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well it seems that under the link provided If I go with silver or gold I will be paying three times what I pay right now under my husband military government subsidized insurance,, I wonder if the government is going to hit us with that fee regardless once the premium increases will be passed.

So far they have been halted in congress, for now.

Like I said before, if that happens then my husband can go ahead and go for the veterans hospital as he will be exempted from Obamacare, as for me well I will have to work on something else with his present employer plan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join