It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dana Bash of CNN tweets "senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Good stuff to think about. Sorry, I did not mean to derail the OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Oboomerang did not write ACA it was designed in Mass. by the heritage foundation and sighed into law under Governor Romney. It was rewritten behind closed doors by the corp.s that were to be affected by it. Some good will come from it, but billions of dollars are at stake.

Corprats will kill for 0.005 increase in next quarters report.

How many people have to die while waiting at some over worked understaffed emergency waiting room, until we the people take charge.

Our health care is the most costly in the world, but ranked along with third world countries.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Wookiep
I'll bet we won't hear one peep about this from the libs. NOT ONE peep!

Its BS. They are just saying this to tap into the public sentiment about it. They were the ones that voted for it but didn't bother to read the bill.

By the way my insurance deductible just doubled.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You must have read the bill incorrectly.

President Obama assured us that our insurance would drop $2,500.00 the first year of ACA enactment. So you are just mistaken...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by heckya

Our health care is the most costly in the world, but ranked along with third world countries.

I really have to wonder about this one.
I have seen the inside of some third world hospitals, and they don't even hold a candle to some doctors offices that I have seen in the US. I have seen patients put into beds with blood from the last patient still on the sheets and insect life (flies and cockroaches) in the room..... Not in Africa or Haiti.... in South Korea.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

butcherguy

You must have read the bill incorrectly.

President Obama assured us that our insurance would drop $2,500.00 the first year of ACA enactment. So you are just mistaken...

That's why our insurance provider is raising our deductible to double starting soon! I feel so stupid now! Thank you mr president.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thank you mr president. ( YOU BASTARD!
)

There, I spiced that up a bit.
I hope karma finds that lying poopsack soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Wookiep

I'm pretty liberal, I'll chime in.

I agree with them, delay the mandate for the same amount of time between Oct. 1st and the time it takes the system to get up and running 100%.

The government shutdown/debt ceiling was not the correct place to do this though, and since the government shutdown and the website launch hit at the exact same time...there was no evidence at that point to know the website wasn't going to work for almost an entire month.

Obama and the Democrats had to make a stand on the government shutdown/debt ceiling. They couldn't allow the Republicans to attempt to hold the US economy hostage to get what they want.

But since the website still isn't working, now is the logical time to start talking about delaying the mandate...but not during the shutdown debate and attempting to use it as leverage.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I agree with them, delay the mandate for the same amount of time between Oct. 1st and the time it takes the system to get up and running 100%.

But delays aren't mentioned in the law. The ACA is the LAW now. We can't just bend the law. It has to be changed by the Legislative Branch or enforced as is.

Laws are not something that the Executive Branch can just refuse to implement or delay as they feel like.

Enforce the ACA as is!

Let the voters see exactly what the ACA is and what a great job Obama has done implementing THE LAW.

edit on 24-10-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

But delays aren't mentioned in the law. The ACA is the LAW now. We can't just bend the law. It has to be changed by the Legislative Branch or enforced as is.

Laws are not something that the Executive Branch can just refuse to implement or delay as they feel like.

The Executive Branch has a broad range of powers on how to implement the laws. Delaying the mandate due to complications isn't exactly not enforcing a law, it is managing it's implementation.

And who says this will only be done by the executive branch?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Just who else is responsible for executing the law?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

butcherguy

he can request congress to pass a bill to delay the mandate...he doesn't have to do it all himself.

He can, but he doesn't have to.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Because the SCOTUS ruled the ACA a "tax", Congress would have to act to make changes in the implementation of the law.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's a good thing. It shows they wont just stay the course but make corrections as they go.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

AlienScience

butcherguy

he can request congress to pass a bill to delay the mandate...he doesn't have to do it all himself.

He can, but he doesn't have to.

Thanks for confirming how laws work.
Congress writes them and passes them, the executive branch enforces them.... just like I said.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The number of Democrats who are backing off implementation of Obamacare is very small compared to the number of Democrats in Congress.

It cannot be assumed that they are speaking for ALL Democrats.

No doubt those who are backing off are under pressure from their conservative constituents and/or are seeking re-election and don't want to alienate the Republicans in their districts.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not surprised at all, they all know how much of a disaster Obamacare is and the proof is in the oh-so-delicious-pudding.

Too bad the mainstream media will not set the nation ablaze with this story because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Somebody made a comment about indie candidates winning in the next three years, sorry I have to disagree, as much as people say they are tired of business as usual in D.C. and how they want a third party to rise, they will not be doing the homework nor will they be doing the legwork to make it happen. They have to be spoon fed an alternative and we know that will never happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

AlienScience

Wookiep

I'm pretty liberal, I'll chime in.

The government shutdown/debt ceiling was not the correct place to do this though, and since the government shutdown and the website launch hit at the exact same time...there was no evidence at that point to know the website wasn't going to work for almost an entire month.

Obama and the Democrats had to make a stand on the government shutdown/debt ceiling. They couldn't allow the Republicans to attempt to hold the US economy hostage to get what they want.

But since the website still isn't working, now is the logical time to start talking about delaying the mandate...but not during the shutdown debate and attempting to use it as leverage.

Explain it any way you want, it does not answer to the fact that they are only doing it for their own re-election purposes. They participate in implementing the agenda but when the consequences affect them, they will double back and then return to the agenda when the time is convenient.

This is not about the shoddy website contracting and you know it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have said this on two other threads, this back peddling on the past of the democrats is the planned strategy to take Obama down. We have already heard the republicans say that they have enough evidence to impeach Obama, they just don't have enough votes in the senate, this is why they have not filed impeachment proceedings. The back peddling by the democrats is because they know for sure that Obama will be impeached and the democratic party will be ended. This is all about the mid term election, Obama and the rest of the democrats know their demise is at hand, when the midterm election passes and the republican party gains 2 more seats in the senate, they will have enough votes to impeach Obama period. With the impeachment of Obama and his criminal cohorts there will be no more such thing as democrats. This is also why Obama is desperately trying to get Americans so pissed off that there is rioting in the streets, cause he thinks that if he can declare marital law that he can suspend elections and save himself from impeachment and everlasting shame.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

seeker1963

This SNAFU just might come out in the future as one of the best political comedies ever......

I don't find it funny. I've been fighting tooth and nail with jerks online about this mandate ever since I first heard about it. I've worn myself down to a nub arguing against Obamacare.

If they do in fact delay it, it's only a delay. And they're only doing it to save their butts in the election. They'll be back on it as soon as their jobs are safe.

The Republicans are only pushing for a delay because they don't want to win. If they win, they won't have any excuse not to get rid of Obamacare (The mandate was their idea in the first place). They have to pretend they can't do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join