It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dana Bash of CNN tweets "senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok, here it is.......

Go figure, Those Dems that want to be re elected are now in favor of exactly what the so called evil Republicans were asking for when our wonderful leaders shut down the government?

Yes perhaps the agenda of the Republicans was to delay the AHA for a year, but isn't it amazing that now with the upcoming elections that now the Dems whom have their jobs on the line are backing off????

Senate Dems Up For Re-Election To Back Mandate Delay

So what will they do AFTER they get re elected????

EDIT: More info coming out!

The Obama administration may give Americans extra time to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, postponing when penalties for failing to buy coverage will go into effect, MarketWatch has learned.

Obamacare mandate may be delayed
Official says deadline to have insurance could be postponed

This SNAFU just might come out in the future as one of the best political comedies ever......

edit on 23-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Dana Bash ‏@DanaBashCNN 1h

new: senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back @JeanneShaheen proposal to delay #ACA enrollment deadline

Dems supporting delay of individual mandate. Too funny.

Good thing they fought tooth and nail for that shutdown to prevent delaying the individual mandate.
edit on 23-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

How will the die hard Obamacare backers handle this?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the blind leading the blind here.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

butcherguy

How will the die hard Obamacare backers handle this?

Just like this:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Go figure, Dem's are becoming GOP and GOP are becoming Dem's.

How can anyone choose anymore, they do the same thing every election.

Until people start recalling the ones that belatedly lie they will never change.

Recall and term limits, it our right, if we don't exercise our rights, we will loose them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Considering millions of people have to sign up, within 6 months, it's pretty silly for them to blame the glitches on the obamacare site on "volume"

If they don't delay, it still means the same amount of people would still have to sign up in an even shorter amount of time.
They should have given the people more time as soon as they noticed the site didn't work.

Madness.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Considering millions of people have to sign up, within 6 months, it's pretty silly for them to blame the glitches on the obamacare site on "volume"

If they don't delay, it still means the same amount of people would still have to sign up in an even shorter amount of time.
They should have given the people more time as soon as they noticed the site didn't work.

Madness.

Leaving out ALL of the political (left/right) rhetoric and talking points, you are absolutely right! Here is an administration trying *cough, cough* trying to sell a product, that has already been deemed a tax by the Supreme Court, and the means to purchase this so called "product" is broken!

It started out as a disaster and will end as one.......

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll bet we won't hear one peep about this from the libs. NOT ONE peep!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I see the Complete Opposite . Independent Candidates running for Public Office and Winning Elections will Skyrocket in the next 3 Years . The Dems and Reps have Lost All Credibility with the American People right now , and the Backlash will be in the Middle Classes Voting Numbers . Both present Political Parties have become Dinosaurs Destined for eventual Extinction due to their Lack of Listening to their Constitutes True Political Beliefs ........

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I see the Complete Opposite . Independent Candidates running for Public Office and Winning Elections will Skyrocket in the next 3 Years . The Dems and Reps have Lost All Credibility with the American People right now , and the Backlash will be in the Middle Classes Voting Numbers . Both present Political Parties have become Dinosaurs Destined for eventual Extinction due to their Lack of Listening to their Constitutes True Political Beliefs ........

In my heart I want to agree with you, but my gut and experience with my fellow human beings, lead me to believe that we are all doomed!

Plus when you see how the power structure we have in place, (government) shuts down OR infiltrates any kind of opposition to their power structure................things just seem to become hopeless.....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Wookiep
I'll bet we won't hear one peep about this from the libs. NOT ONE peep!

It's lies! All lies I tell you... this has nutin to do with our sides re-election campaigns. We support the president in all things!! Traitors, terrorist American Talibans, all conservatives are the devil!! Petition the WH for drone strikes!

There how was that? I figured you were right so I filled in for them so they wouldn't be "left" out.

edit on 970pm0404pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Rule number one for every elected official is to be reelected.

They know they will lose a massive amount of seats. Enough to lose the Senate perhaps. Once the IRS starts handing out those fines.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

How did you forget "it's Bush's fault and you are racist"?

On Topic: this cannot really surprise anyone. They used this to bulldog the repubs and now they will use it to show how much they care for the middle class.

People have to be a little slow to buy into the whole system.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

How did you forget "it's Bush's fault and you are racist"?

On Topic: this cannot really surprise anyone. They used this to bulldog the repubs and now they will use it to show how much they care for the middle class.

People have to be a little slow to buy into the whole system.

Kinda also shows you how much of a propaganda arm the MSM is for the government!!!

Is it just me, or have I heard how the Republican party (Thanks to Cruz) has committed suicide?

If that is the case, then what reason do these Dems have in walking backwards like cowards?????

It really is a fascinating reality show for those whom actually believe it is real!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Common sense to delay the penalties, due to the website probs and the related anti-OCare propaganda. The shutdown was not the place to do it though, the Dems and Obama had to assure that things like a government shutdown and debt ceiling couldn't be used for blackmail. A line in the sand was drawn and adhered to - although I betca the GOP was given assurances that the delay would be approved after the shutdown ended.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

" Plus when you see how the power structure we have in place, (government) shuts down OR infiltrates any kind of opposition to their power structure................things just seem to become hopeless..... "

This is the main problem with our Election process in this Country I agree , but if enough Voters Organized as " Watchdog Commities " , and Demanded that Ever Ballot Cast be Scrutinized and Confirmed in numerous Elections , I think then the Fraud that is perputrated nowadays could be Unmasked and Challenged within the Letter of the Law . The First step could be Rethinking about the Flaws in Electronic Voting Machines , and maybe trying to Ban them in Favor of more substainated Paper Ballots with a Registered Voters Personal Signature .

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Lol yeah kinda like this -

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I will check back later for the administration's cheerleaders on ATS. They will come.

I remember when they passed the ACA and all the people cheering that we are finally taking care of those in need. I thought that was sad. So many people with good intentions actually thinking something out of DC will make things right. 'Now way is Obama and his bunch like the rest.' Pitiful.

Now that false sense of progress (PPACA) is cracking to reveal the ineptitude and corruption of its architects who did nothing but take advantage of those Americans of good will but poor judgement.

Maybe....MAYBE....something good will come from this. Maybe some needy folks will get help. But at what cost? The PPACA would not have happened unless the majority of Americans and their money were not the target for the fleecing effort. Just another tick on the hound....and a BIG tick...a big insurance industry tick.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Maybe....MAYBE....something good will come from this. Maybe some needy folks will get help. But at what cost? The PPACA would not have happened unless the majority of Americans and their money were not the target for the fleecing effort. Just another tick on the hound....and a BIG tick...a big insurance industry tick.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am going just take a wild stab at this and say, "You must be familiar with the Cloward and Piven Strategy!"?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join