It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baking Soda Cures Cancer???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I apologize, but science is crude sometimes...

These variables can't be ignored.

Iodine and Boron Levels

Fungal Balance

The affects of Aluminum free Baking Soda, Sodium Bicarbonate.

I asked the question because, a decomposing human body may be a spore factory for these harmful fungus, or imbalanced fungus. Much like the Ant in the video.

Maybe this is why the rules of burial as religious practice are in place, to prevent more infections.

G.I. Joe 1980's cartoon had some interesting ideas about fungus...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

omg.. yah.. good topic.

but your thread is like nr 15 the last two years that state it. do a search and close the thread..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenBrain71

A healthy person can absolutely change their PH.

It's quite easy actually. This is disinformation.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The disseminators of disinformation have arrived.
Dontcha hate when that happens..
I love a fellow dot gov is FOS person .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

PtolemyII

The disseminators of disinformation have arrived.
Dontcha hate when that happens..
I love a fellow dot gov is FOS person .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I didn't even see your posts here SC. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.
I was referring to the usual subjects who go on all the threads about Gmos, fluoride, cancer cures.
There's a word for them, but if I post it, my replies will be deleted.
As I said, I have friends who fight me on this.
It's their choice, so I have to respect it, but I've watched quite a few of them die.
I am a 911 First Responder, as are my former Co workers.
I've lost count of how many have died of cancer since 911......
So I try to talk to them, and go on some of the diet I maintain.
I am cancer free so far, and we all breathed in the same stuff, the only difference is how we approach our maintenence.
One of these people was one of my best friends . we lost two more of our own two months ago ..... So this hits home for me , as it's never ending. So you can imagine my frustration when no one will even consider trying what I suggest.....
edit on 10/15/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yep I have some BiCarb in water every day.

Avoid agents that cause cell damage.
Stay alkaline.
Attempt to maintain intake of all 90 essential nutrients.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

PtolemyII

I didn't even see your posts here SC. Sorry if you got the wrong idea.
I was referring to the usual subjects who go on all the threads about Gmos, fluoride, cancer cures.
There's a word for them, but if I post it, my replies will be deleted.
As I said, I have friends who fight me on this.
It's their choice, so I have to respect it, but I've watched quite a few of them die.
I am a 911 First Responder, as are my former Co workers.
I've lost count of how many have died of cancer since 911......
So I try to talk to them, and go on some of the diet I maintain.
I am cancer free so far, and we all breathed in the same stuff, the only difference is how we approach our maintenence.
One of these people was one of my best friends . we lost two more of our own two months ago ..... So this hits home for me , as it's never ending. So you can imagine my frustration when no one will even consider trying what I suggest.....
edit on 10/15/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

I apologize....I have just really had a bad week and today was the worst LOL .... sorry if I took it out on you...I'm so glad you have remained healthy, and hope you stay that way!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

A healthy person can absolutely change their PH.

It's quite easy actually. This is disinformation.

Um, no! You can't change the PH in your body by eating "alkaline" foods. When you eat, the pH of your stomach environment drops to approximately 2-3. There is absolutely nothing you could possibly eat, that you would survive, that would even compare to that high of acidity. EVERYTHING you eat is instantly acidified. This is required because the proteases in your gastric juice that are responsible for breaking down food are optimized to this pH level. If "alkaline" food actually made a difference, you'd not be able to digest it.

As for cancer. There is evidence that cancer cells "favor" an acidic environment in culture. And, there is evidence showing that altering the pH to a more alkaline level can kill the cells, in culture. Here's the problem. It kills everything. This is all in culture mind you. There is nothing we can do to instantly turn someones body "alkaline."

I'm sorry if this isn't something you want to hear but that's how science goes sometimes. I'll leave you with a quote from a brilliant man...

‏If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
edit on 15-10-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You can't just willy-nilly start sucking down Arm and Hammer's though.

It has a heinous amount of sodium, for one. You'll end up with a sodium overload if you're not careful, it also shoots your chloride to hell. If you've got CHF, a wad of bicarb is just what you need to provoke an attack.

Two, your kidneys (if they're in good shape) make all the bicarb your body thinks it needs. Adding more sort of screws up a delicate balance kept by your kidneys and lungs.

Three, if you've got COPD or some other lung disorder, adding in bicarb shoots your CO2 to hell.

If you add in a lot more bicarb than your body wants, your kidneys will just pee it out. But it'll take effort for them to do it. If you're renally insufficient, it's a bad idea.

And last, how do you know what your pH is anyway? It varies all over the place over the course of the day. Your kidneys and lungs do a great job of regulating it. Unless you've got something really bad going on, it's going to be ok. And without an ABG or VBG, you won't know what you're doing anyway. You could force yourself into a metabolic alkalosis by just scarfing it down in mass.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry I offended you in any way. I'm still coming to your house for a Cajun thanksgiving

And it seems like every week is bad these days.

And I have issues, but I haven't gotten sick sick, like many others of us.
I just started baking Essene Bread.
Mixing it with some flax seeds and and coconut oil.
It definitely helps too, but it's more like a bran muffin to me, than bread.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Lemon juice is acidic, and it makes you pH more alkaline.
And I never said eating.
The comment was healthy people cannot change their PH.
All you have to do is change your breathing, and you can change your pH.
It's how blood pH is controlled when someone is on a respirator, now isn't it.
As it's much much easier to resuscitate someone in cardiac arrest if their blood is acidic.
So we hyperventilate them to change the blood pH.
Yogis do it with controlled breathing too, so.....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Yeah I heard If you change your acidity levels in your body, cancer can't live.

Or certain forms of it.

There is something to this.

Was also just hearing about filter systems that separate your water into acid and alkaline water.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added the word: also

This is true. It will however kill the person too. You can not change your acidity levels while you are alive.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Lemon juice is acidic, and it makes you pH more alkaline.
And I never said eating.
The comment was healthy people cannot change their PH.
All you have to do is change your breathing, and you can change your pH.
It's how blood pH is controlled when someone is on a respirator, now isn't it.
As it's much much easier to resuscitate someone in cardiac arrest if their blood is acidic.
So we hyperventilate them to change the blood pH.
Yogis do it with controlled breathing too, so.....

You did say eating, unless you don't quite understand what ingestion means.

You can change blood pH with ingestion of lemon juice, honey, Apple cider vinegar, and it does keep cancer at bay.

This thread is about changing pH for the amount of time needed to cure cancer. Hyperventilating only changes pH slightly and when breathing slows down the body automatically corrects the pH. Unless you are suggesting people hyperventilate until their cancer is cured I doubt this would be an effective method of pH control.

How would you use lemon juice to change pH if not by ingesting it? Not that it would work anyway, but I thought eating "alkaline" foods to change the bodies pH was the whole point of this discussion.

There's no doubt that baking soda or sodium bicarbonate can buffer acid in the stomach. This can actually be measured in the urine, but there is such a fine line between the pH before and after, and it doesn't do anything to change blood pH which is what would be needed to kill cancer cells. Also, ingesting too much sodium bicarbonate can result in metabolic alkalosis and even renal failure.

Trust me, with the history of cancer in my family, I wish curing cancer was as easy as mixing baking soda with maple syrup and ingesting a prescribed amount each day. My uncle, grandfather and all of his brothers died of various cancers. Well, except for one of his brothers that died in the Korean war. It's a hideous disease and I REALLY wish there was a cure for it.

edit on 16-10-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

There are two forms of acidosis and alkalosis. Respiratory and metabolic.
If you eat certain foods daily, yes you can change your pH to a degree.
And as I said, it can absolutely be done with breathing.
If it's done daily, it absolutely has an affect.
Have you ever seen a yogi with cancer?
They do controlled breathing , sometimes at a rate as low as 6 breaths permitted.
This would completely make your blood alkaline, and I never said eating.
I believe I said you can absolutely change your blood as a healthy person.
I never said by which mechanism, but eating does it to, just not for a prolonged period or as easily as using respiration.

This is why they brown bag people hyperventilating. They turn their blood alkalotic by doing this, and it causes muscle spasms.

So they make them breath into a bag so they inhale their own carbon dioxide.
I too have a medical degree, so I know just as much as your pal.
edit on 10/16/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

PtolemyII

There are two forms of acidosis and alkalosis. Respiratory and metabolic.
If you eat certain foods daily, yes you can change your pH to a degree.
And as I said, it can absolutely be done with breathing.
If it's done daily, it absolutely has an affect.
Have you ever seen a yogi with cancer?
They do controlled breathing , sometimes at a rate as low as 6 breaths permitted.
This would completely make your blood alkaline, and I never said eating.
I believe I said you can absolutely change your blood as a healthy person.
I never said by which mechanism, but eating does it to, just not for a prolonged period or as easily as using respiration.

This is why they brown bag people hyperventilating. They turn their blood alkalotic by doing this, and it causes muscle spasms.

So they make them breath into a bag so they inhale their own carbon dioxide.
I too have a medical degree, so I know just as much as your pal.

Ideally your body will regulate a pH of 7.4. Cancer cells are killed in the lab if pH is between 8.0 - 8.5. If the pH in your body drops below 6.8 or rises above 7.8, death may occur. Yes, breathing heavily will temporarily change your pH, but very minimally and your body will automatically change it back to 7.4 if you're healthy.

Julie Friedeberger is a yogi who started practicing yoga in 1970. She earned her yoga teaching degree in 1987 and was diagnosed with cancer in 1993. She beat cancer not by breathing but with chemo and radiation. She does still teach yoga and specializes in teaching people with cancer which she feels aids in the recovery and prevention of cancer by keeping the body healthy. Sometimes being healthy does not overcome DNA.

I think you should go back to school because I'm pretty sure they gave you that medical degree in error. You definitely do not know as much as my pal who is on another level intelligent and is actually working in a lab to win the war against cancer. If you were a true scientist you would relish in being wrong which is the path to knowledge.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is an interesting study:

Mortality within 30 days of chemotherapy: a clinical governance benchmarking issue for oncology patients
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2360753/
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

A retrospective study of 267 patients, aged 60 years or over, with intermediate or high-grade Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma receiving CHOP chemotherapy was conducted. This demonstrated a chemotherapy-related death rate of 13%. Sixty-three per cent of these deaths occurred after the first cycle of CHOP. Infection accounted for 82% of these chemotherapy-related deaths. Again, performance status was shown to be an independent prognostic factor for treatment-related death (Gomez et al, 1998).

I wonder what a 60 day benchmark looks like...

Cut and Chemo isn't for everybody!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I think age and type of cancer play a big role in the success rate of Chemo. I've had chemo on 4 different occasions since 2002. I was 22 first time, 33 last time. I have tolerated all of these chemos. pretty well, but I put that down to my age and type of Chemo I've taken. It has reduced the size of tumour each time, by at least 25%. Giving me a lot longer life than I could have hopped for.

Now if I was over 60, it would be a lot harder to tolerate and as its a brain tumour a lot more difficult to control. It all depends on how well the drugs can be tolerated weighed up against the possible side effects. Its a tough choice when you have to start weighing up quality over quantity of life.

No one ever forces you to take it. Its a treatment option, it's up to you if you want to go through with it or not. Most decent oncologists will be perfectly honest about the benefits and risks.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Pardon?

spartacus699
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Were discussing alternative medicine on a conspiracy theory forum. The whole forum is about "the alternative". If I want main stream I'll turn this off and turn on the 6 oclock news.

6 oclock news flash....

"in a recent study lead by 12 leading US medical schools researchers have proven that the only method to ever cure anything is what's available at a hospital. All other treatment for any health issue outside of what's prescribed by a board certified medical dr are nothing but quackery and conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. If you don't do exactly what you're dr says you will die as our studies have definitively proven. You must immediately tune out all alternative media, and take more pills, white flour, white sugar, flouride water, and more 6oclock news. Now believe everything we say and go back to sleep, there's nothing to see here."

Discussing is absolutely fine.
Theorising is positively encouraged.

When said theories and hypotheses are countered and proven to be false then that should also be taken on board as part of said discussion, yes?

And when people suggest that this or that is a cure and suggests to sufferers that they eschew the tried and tested methods to pursue the unknown, well that gets my back up.

wrong
wrong
and
wrong

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is amazing testimony woodward, along with phage and stealthy and others fighting the battle!!

That gives hope!

I am excited about ultrasound and laser therapies targeting cancer directly.

New Prostate Cancer Treatment Cuts Side Effects With Ultrasound
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Z4GUg-rjw
www.youtube.com...

and, Yeah age is a factor in that study.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join