It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is a Powerful Thing that can change your life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

hellobruce

vethumanbeing
Why is it a secret?

So they can make money from it....

Absolutely, and the fool that partakes in this paradise of profered knowledge deserves the end product (hey we have the next version available) if this one made no sense, you may need hands on seminars IN YOUR CITY SOON (next one availabilty status; whats your contact address again?).
edit on 13-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Secret is for real. We create our lives and will everything, whether you want to believe it or not. Is it metaphysical, purely neurological? I don't know.. But it definitely works in my life and others'.

But the thing is, you have to truly believe it and go through the process for it to work (think about EVERYTHING you are grateful for on a daily basis, know exactly what you want in life, think about it passionately, use your instincts to guide you and be open to different paths). I've tried to introduce the secret to a few friends and have noticed that my left-brained friends are usually more sceptical and don't 'get' the secret.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
A few more comments from posts Ive read so far..

1. To manifest your life, it has to be in line with the betterment of yourself AND everyone else, for the common good.

2. I think the Secret has been kept from the masses because of the power of The Collective Consciousness. Fear (from media and government), ignorance and separation tactics (religion, race, class) destroy the focus and intensity of the Collective Consciousness and are ways the general population are controlled as to not let us express our true capabilities.

3. I would say we have seen the world become better and more unified lately. Besides communicating, the Internet is probably the biggest leap in our awareness and uniting our consciousnesses. We are ALL more aware and connected because of the Internet. True unity will come soon.

4. Perception is EVERYTHING.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey. Having had read "the Secret" not too long ago... maybe it's time to clear a few misunderstandings.
The book itself is called "the Secret" because, as the author explains the history of this knowledge, it has been kept a secret by those who had the knowledge of it (and we are left to assume also, that this knowledge was what had made them powerful in the first place, maybe)...
Second, the "secret" as described in the book is merely a set of simple instructions on how to better your life. You will not be any better off simply reading the book and not following it's instructions. This is probably a huge reason why a lot of people say it's bull$#!%. I have to add here, that it is not NECESSARY to gain the benefits of what the IDEAS of the "secret" are, by practicing ONLY and ONLY this specific book, I am just stating, for example, if you read a book on how to do 100 pull-ups in a week, unless you follow the regime to do a 100 pull-ups in a week, the knowledge itself will not allow you 100 pull ups in a week.

I feel like that was a hard to understand analogy, but I couldn't think of much better.

Anyway, to stay on topic of this conversation, my thoughts on the Secret (the book) was that, although some of it was disagreeable to me personally, I found some of the ideas that were presented in the book to be of some use. For example, the "feeling gratitude" has helped me a great deal, just waking up is something to feel grateful for... whether or not you believe in the secret, it is NICE to feel gratitude as often as you can.... and you might be surprised at the result of it, as well. I know I was.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Euphony
The Secret is for real.....

Yup, I agree, The Secret is for real...the book that is. Astounding, isn't it?

The world will be a better place if Rhonda Byrne and friends return all the money they amassed from desperate souls. They can give their books and seminars away for free and manifest riches in other ways, can't they? I would certainly do that if I were in their shoes, unless if what they are selling is something they can't prove
even to themselves. If you meet her, please ask them to stop preying/profiting from the weak.

The best business model for her is to only ask donations from those who have successfully practiced her methods and return the money she has already charged to those who are conveniently labelled "left-brained" (allow refunds). Until then, the rest of us with balanced left and right brains, aren't buying. Thank you very much.

edit on 14-10-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
While I feel like I agree with your sentiment, Kurius, I have to say, if that's how she WANTS to make money... let her...
If people are going to buy her books and not practice it, they won't get anything. Some might buy the book, practice it, and still not get anything. But, let's not undermine the idea behind the book, however crafty and sly the author might in actuality be, by comparing the knowledge within to the author who simply wrote it down for us. She clearly did put a lot of work and effort into the book, to make it also palatable for the average person. But, I digress, the best business model WOULD in deed, be to ask for donations from people who were successful using her book.

However, and this is a BIG thing, her book, if anything is a STARTING POINT to the path that leads to REAL TANGIBLE knowledge regarding (secret), or whatever you want to call it, Manifestation, Attraction... whatever you want to call it. But, this knowledge also leads some people towards , well, bad situations, bad places, bad 'manifestation', bad 'attraction'... so maybe it really IS better that not every person can readily buy the book.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Jeez , don't even bother. Those who "know," know. Everyone else doesn't want to, or are too afraid or oblivious to. It isn't their fault, they've been given so much bad information for so long, they swear it's the truth and they won't accept anything else. To them, nothing else "could" be true. I know of that which I speak, as I was reborn to the truth about 5 weeks ago. Now I can't help feel bad about the untold billions who don't know, yet.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Hey, I have been letting her do her scam all these years, haven't I?
I have no way of stopping her, even if I wanted to. All I can do is shed some logic to the situation in the small world of ATS.

Sorry, I just can't understand the irony in her approach to riches and silently let it be promoted without some sensible thinking. Sadly, in hard times like this when there are ever more people seeking answers to their plights, she and cronies will become richer riding on desperation.

Yup, I agree, not everyone should buy this book....in fact, I would further suggest everyone should not buy the book unless it comes with a no question, full-refund in place (retroactively). At least that would give some credence to her work (if she wants readers to believe her, that's an excellent STARTING POINT). Plus, she could recycle the used printed books too and save the environment.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't buy the book. Actually, the book was given me, for free. Am I glad I read it though? yes. Would I pay for it now, knowing it was worth it? ... no. Not at all. Any and all information in that book could be found through more useful avenues and better books. Her book is only a starting point, if that. Well put together, absolutely, but not really worth the hype surrounding it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

donktheclown

Jeez , don't even bother. Those who "know," know. Everyone else doesn't want to, or are too afraid or oblivious to. It isn't their fault, they've been given so much bad information for so long, they swear it's the truth and they won't accept anything else. To them, nothing else "could" be true. I know of that which I speak, as I was reborn to the truth about 5 weeks ago. Now I can't help feel bad about the untold billions who don't know, yet.

Double jeez... if you really feel bad and wish to help humanity, use your new-found skill and prove to us that you can do something really commendable for those in need. Start small...and perhaps you could match Bill Gates one day soon (well, without the vaccine agenda, that is
). Maybe that way, you can make believers out of the masses.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Thank you for your honesty.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am very familiar with "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction," as well as its, ahem, proponents. "The Secret" is not a secret, and it's not new information, but based on age-old wisdom passed down thru generations, usually via religious leaders. "If you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains," for example. However, religious truths have been misused, misconstrued and misunderstood throughout the ages, and so has "The Secret," especially by its loudest proponents.

James Arthur Ray was once a rising star in "The Secret" craze. Unless he wanted to kill three people in a sweat lodge and spend a couple years in jail for the crime, "The Secret" didn't quite work the way he expected. I'm pretty sure the victims didn't want or expect to die or be injured (some permanently) either. Then there's James Ray's mentor, Tony Robbins... unless Robbins wanted his "students" to be seriously burned in a firewalk, "The Secret" didn't work out quite the way he planned either. Not all of "The Secret's" proponents maim and kill their "students," some just use various techniques (like hypnosis, NLP, and sensory deprivation) to impair their thinking and good judgment to steal them blind. These are not nice people.

I wish you good luck and bright blessings in your journey. And I implore you (and everyone treading this ground) to be careful what you wish for, and to choose your mentors wisely. Use all you learn as a tool, not a weapon. Forcing one's will on others and/or the universe can be dangerous in ways one would never imagine or expect. You're right: This is powerful stuff, and can have powerful consequences -- both for good and evil. It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature!

Food for thought: Both James Ray and Tony Robbins are darlings of Oprah, who has had both on her show multiple times to feature "The Secret." Both use and promote NLP. Oprah herself has promoted NLP, claiming to use it on her audiences. Obama is another Oprah darling, and before the 2008 election, Obama was accused of/praised for using hypnosis and NLP techniques at his campaign rallies and in speeches. Long before that, President Clinton invited Tony Robbins for a weekend retreat at Camp David. There's too much room for abuse there for my comfort level. (Note: James Ray is a registered Republican; if I could find links to other Republicans with NLP, I would have listed them too. I'm not in any way implying only Democrats play these mind games. Maybe Republicans just keep their "secret" better.)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Free books and free courses would be nice. But halls cost money, printing costs money. Insurance costs money. etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Kurius

Euphony
The Secret is for real.....

Yup, I agree, The Secret is for real...the book that is. Astounding, isn't it?

The world will be a better place if Rhonda Byrne and friends return all the money they amassed from desperate souls. They can give their books and seminars away for free and manifest riches in other ways, can't they? I would certainly do that if I were in their shoes, unless if what they are selling is something they can't prove
even to themselves. If you meet her, please ask them to stop preying/profiting from the weak.

The best business model for her is to only ask donations from those who have successfully practiced her methods and return the money she has already charged to those who are conveniently labelled "left-brained" (allow refunds). Until then, the rest of us with balanced left and right brains, aren't buying. Thank you very much.

You can give whatever outside, second-hand opinion you want on the subject, but from my experienced, first-hand point of view, the Secret has made my life better. Maybe paying $20 to help refine YOUR life to be a happy, more productive being is a waste, but not to me. The new perspective this information gave me was worth the price of admission. My life being awesome is worth $20!

Also, balanced brains lack the vision and unconscious creativity to manifest their lives as effectively as predominant right brainers.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Law of Affinity (though laws are not something I believe in, more virtues) is far more than programming yourself for success and wishful thinking. It works, and its co-creational. When things happen more like miracles, and often in ways you don't expect and couldn't have forseen.

This is the school/universe we're in, and when we finally allign with the Mind we left, Source and Higher Self, we go home, of our own free will, doing it our way, progressing.

The Observer in Physics Double Slit Experiment and Example in Nature
edit on 14-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Secret formats, for what its worth..

The Secret is available as a Book, DVD and an audio CD and I've used all of them (got them from friends and the library). I found the DVD and CD to be kind of cheesy with all the sound effects and stuff, but I got the most out of the CD version (plus I could listen and instill information on long car rides). I would say the CD and DVD are most effective... The book being a distant third place.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Law of Attraction states that you attract into your life what you think about.
As an atheist myself, I still believe that it works. Why?
Not from some “unknown force” or some spiritual bull#..it’s because when you start to focus your mind on something, you start to see opportunities that align with what you want when you normally wouldn’t see them.
Thoughts -> Actions -> Opportunities. It’s simple, really.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There are some important things to consider, selfish or selfless, interference or envisioning happiness and positive things and abundance flowing out to others and a world waking up and healing and progressing, with solutions coming, higher mind responses and kindness growing so strong that everyone starts to create eutopias in their own regions.

Its not just the universe co-creating with us, or matching our frequency in a net of possibilities, for that is the passive and school. But there are helpers up there assisting and anyone thinking Higher Mind thoughts, for the good of all, including some family and personal problems, but not greed, this is actual prayer, its one way of praying, as if its already done, and gratitude is a good thing. But...the dark side, which deals more with lower mind wishes, including greed and selfish pursuits, and seems to have some permissions in running those frequency realms, they usually hand a big bill over.

So, its not just applying the formula, but working on raising frequency.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I can only hope that it progresses to that point.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

taoistguy
Free books and free courses would be nice. But halls cost money, printing costs money. Insurance costs money. etc.

I agree, and exactly why I have no doubt she is a scam artist. Let me quickly explain...with Rhonda's supposed perfection of The Secret skill set she is selling, she could get those just through positive thinking and strong believe (that they were free and paid for). Then visualize abundance without a single participant paying for her seminars or buying her books. Why charge others if she will have 100% success rate? If I were her, I would be utterly embarrassed to take a single cent from the weak when I can manifest riches so much more easily.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join