It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

How does that even compute? Because God cannot logically mesh with the mechanics of the universe, you're going to assume he operated through some sort of "anti-physics" and "anti-rational response" in order to keep us from figuring it out, even while he's trying to convince us to sell our souls to him.

Not at all, as I pointed out already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he not only "meshed" with it, but appears to have been ahead of the curve, like all the way ahead..

The track/trail is there, right to a t so to speak, whether you fast forward from the origin of the creation, or rewind from now right back to Good Friday (Passover Preparation Day) by our calendar, April 3rd, 33AD.

Edit: This is why I call "it" - "Jesus Christ's Superdeterministic, Cosmological, Magnum Opus".

edit on 21-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm not watching a two hour sermon, NAM. Find some other way to explain it to me. I'm willing to listen, but only if you're willing to help me understand.
edit on 21-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
I'm not watching a two hour sermon, NAM. Find some other way to explain it to me. I'm willing to listen, but only if you're willing to help me understand.

Going back to the OP, "What is so scary about thinking or discovering your belief system is false?" The Scare FACTOR IS IN having to defend it. Something you trusted as a truism falls about you like the stones of a neglected cathedral, and you cannot possibly reconstruct it on your own. Belief systems involve parts as in 'the many'. The only true belief is the one you construct for yourself individually with whatever you think is your higher conscious beingness. How can one defend a false system/nothing has been made apparent. How would one even begin to know the truth (as its not being shared).

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

C'mon AI, you can't tell me after everything that we've been through and all your participation in Religion, Faith, and Theology, and after all your wrestling with God, that a rational basis for Christian faith, and even a "Christian Astrotheology" isn't of sufficient interest to you that you wouldn't be willing to come up to speed with everything I'm talking about here, by simply watching a video documentary (which gets really interesting at about the 51:45 mark btw to save you some time..), along with a very brief 2 minute snippet pointing to the prophetic realization, astrologically, of Isaac's near sacrifice on the mountaintop, by Abraham, while noting that Isaac was spared, by a thread, and that in the sign of Jonah (whether true or not) he was spit back out of the belly of the beast after three days "but there is something greater than Jonah here".. said Jesus (perhaps namely that this is the real thing and not just myth and allegory)..

NewAgeMan
reply to post by FlyersFan

Check out this documentary, paying special attention to what happened on the day of the cross

And note/recall in the prophetic foreshadowing of Isaac's near sacrifice by Abraham, how a "Ram" was found, serendipitously or syncrhonistically, nearby, (just happened to be there) caught up in a "thicket", in the context of this little gem.

How, precisely Jesus made use of this lunar eclipse is also significant, in so far as it rose over the horizon early to mid afternoon, at "the sixth hour" ("my hour has come"), already entering into eclipse phase (was hidden by the horizon) when he was already on the cross - what I would call a "double-reverse sting, double-bind hoodwink"... in the eyes of all who might have persecuted him in recognition that it was he, and not they, who, clearly, was shaping and controlling events all along..! ("OMG - how did he KNOW?!!! Ahhhhhhh!")

Best Regards,

NAM aka Bob

P.S. Full blood red moon over the door at the half-life... hmph, doesn't sound like THE end of the story, to me... what do you think?

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

John 10

The Burial of Jesus

38 Later, Joseph of Arimathea (tomb owner) asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away. 39 He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.

Ok, 75 pounds of aloes, and enough special herbs and spices to make Colonel Sanders blush.. isn't that perhaps overkill for a dead body that's dead as a doornail, that's almost half the weight of the whole body.

Aloes.. things that make ya go hmmm...

Maybe there's more to the Gospels than meets the eye at first glance.

Apocrypha - to both reveal AND hide, hide and reveal.

Philippians 2:5-11

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

And the last shall be first and the first, last.

The greatest among you will be the servant of all.

And as my father hath first sent me, even so send I, you.

It's an inversion you see of our typical human conceptions of "power", and it takes us by surprise in such a way that it's either to our chagrin, or a "groan", or, to our joy and celebration or a great CHEER! (or, first one, and then the other).

Cheers,

NAM aka Bob
Your brother in Christ.

edit on 21-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Do not be afraid."

In fact, absolute fearlessness and full and free self-expression is integral to the realization, that's it's true. "Set free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved."

"Love, and do as you will."
~ St. Augustine.

edit on 23-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

C'mon AI, you can't tell me after everything that we've been through and all your participation in Religion, Faith, and Theology, and after all your wrestling with God, that a rational basis for Christian faith, and even a "Christian Astrotheology" isn't of sufficient interest to you that you wouldn't be willing to come up to speed with everything I'm talking about here, by simply watching a video documentary

Two hours with of proselytizing, featuring a healthy dose of poorly interpreted science and telling me how to look at the selectively chosen evidence? No thanks.

He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Except for God. Because of reasons.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

After all that, you missed it?!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I didn't miss anything. I stepped over it like a pile of dog crap.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

"Do not be afraid."

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm not sure how that even contributes to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I was simply taking your response re: "dog crap" and relating it back to the original premise of the OP and title of this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yeah...unless something more substantial makes a surprise appearance, I'm done here.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Most people, regardless of their belief system, would have found it to be at least interesting and worthy of examination and consideration, there was no need to call it "dog crap" or to run away. Like I said, there's nothing to be afraid of..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Most people, regardless of their belief system, would have found it to be at least interesting and worthy of examination and consideration, there was no need to call it "dog crap" or to run away. Like I said, there's nothing to be afraid of..

I don't. I don't find your video interesting at all. Enough of your precious Bible has been proven false and inaccurate to render the rest of it irrelevant to all but the most desperate of pursuers - in this very thread, in fact. Check out Wildtimes' posts if you haven't already. What wasn't stolen from pagans, was invented by scientifically ignorant politicians incapable of forging the evidence for their own lies. The rest of it is filler and does not interest me in the least. If I want Jesus, I can study Buddhism and save myself.

Now, since the discussion appears to have all but concluded, I will take my leave. See you around.
edit on 23-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
there was no need to call it "dog crap" or to run away. Like I said, there's nothing to be afraid of..

Said the people afraid to answer a single simple straight question.

-Amitaba-
edit on 23-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I didn't miss anything. I stepped over it like a pile of dog crap.

Well at least it wasn't trampled under foot by hard-hearted men like precious pearls thrown before swine.

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs (...); nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Good advice. Sad, but true.

I so wanted only to share something of value from my own investigations, that's all nothing more and nothing less.

My love also has to triumph even in the face of "thine enemy",

therefore i still love you bro in spite of calling my best effort to explain it to you in it's appropriate context a "pile of dog crap", and hey thanks for not stepping in it from your POV becsause to me it's something rather special, something found and unearthed which might even be so special that only certain people are inclined to even begin to understand it and fathom it's far reaching implications and significance.

It's trustworthy, from everything that's i can tell, upon examination, Jesus is, all the way down the line. A true friend if there ever was one, so it is in his spirit, as friend, that i too will sign off at least from our part of the discussion and bid you adieu and i will see you around, one way or another, you might be surprised.

Because if you're a friend to me you're also a friend to Christ who is my friend.

No hard feelings..

Best Regards,

NAM aka Bob

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I so wanted only to share something of value from my own investigations, that's all nothing more and nothing less.

Translation: "I want to spread some more brown on this crap sandwich to make it even MORE inedible."

My love also has to triumph even in the face of "thine enemy",

therefore i still love you bro in spite of calling my best effort to explain it to you in it's appropriate context a "pile of dog crap", and hey thanks for not stepping in it from your POV becsause to me it's something rather special, something found and unearthed which might even be so special that only certain people are inclined to even begin to understand it and fathom it's far reaching implications and significance.

Translation: "I hate your guts because you are a threat to what I choose to believe in but God says I gotta like you so I have to play nice or "daddy" will take away the car keys."

It's trustworthy, from everything that's i can tell, upon examination, Jesus is, all the way down the line. A true friend if there ever was one, so it is in his spirit, as friend, that i too will sign off at least from our part of the discussion and bid you adieu and i will see you around, one way or another, you might be surprised.

Translation: "But since I'm right and you're wrong because facts don't work on me, I'll laugh at you from heaven while you burn for eternity. SUPRISE!!!"

Because if you're a friend to me you're also a friend to Christ who is my friend.

Translation: "I'm rubber, you're glue...whatever you say to me bounces off the halo and sticks to you like sulphur on the damned."

No hard feelings..

Translation: "Rot in Hades non-believer"

Did I leave anything out?

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your religion is false?"

...better the devil you think you know, than the new one you'd have to dream up to replace it...

Å99

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What is so scary about thinking, or discovering your religion is false? The MERE FACT YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE NOTION. If you are in a place of disenchantment leading to the obvious questioning; (where reality meets the unreality dreamscape of a fruitless quest-PERSUING a Godform not viable or visible) you are clearly not comfortable with your promised salvation, or faith based something/believe in me and you shall be as one with me and also the shiny Kingdom of classic cars, or Valentino Mickey Mouse Factory costume originals, Christian bibles gallore, all types and flavors, always looking for a publisher.
edit on 24-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

akushla99
"What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your religion is false?"...better the devil you think you know, than the new one you'd have to dream up to replace it...Å99

I missed this original question 653 pages ago post by 3 minutes late, and how did you climb into my head to do this?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join