It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

wildtimes
I've said over and over I believe Jesus studied with Buddhists.
!!!!

This is poppycock, but you are free to believe what you wish

No ... Wildtimes has good reason to believe that Jesus may have studied with Buddhists. His preaching is a cross between Judaism and Buddhism. Judaism and monotheism/the prophets are what He was born into and Buddhism had been around in that area for hundreds of years prior to His birth. The 'christian teachings' are like a cross between the two.

What is poppycock is the refusal to see what is in front of you.

Buddha said: "Let all the sins that were committed in this world fall on me, that the world may be delivered. And he said that hundreds of years before Jesus was born.

Either Jesus studied with the Buddhists ... or the Buddhists were connected to the divine and 'got it right' a few hundred years before Jesus was born. Either way, there are a lot of similar teachings and so it's not 'poppycock' to believe that there could be a connection of some kind. It's very possible. (not established ... but possible)

Buddha and Christ - Similarities
Jesus and Buddha - THe Parallel Sayings

Jesus: "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31
Buddha: "Consider others as yourself." Dhammapada 10:1

Jesus: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also." Luke 6:29
Buddha: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words." Majjhima Nikaya 21:6

Jesus: "Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me." Matthew 25:45
Buddha: "If you do not tend to one another, then who is there to tend you? Whoever would tend me, he should tend the sick." Vinaya, Mahavagga 8:26.3

Jesus: "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword." Matthew 26:52
Buddha: "Abandoning the taking of life, the ascetic Gautama dwells refraining from taking life, without stick or sword." Digha Nikaya 1:1.8

Jesus: "Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it." Mark 8:35
Buddha: "With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging." Majjhima Nikaya 72:15

Jesus: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
Buddha: "Teach the dharma which is lovely at the beginning, lovely in the middle, lovely at the end. Explain with the spirit and the letter in the fashion of Brahma. In this way you will be completely fulfilled and wholly pure." Vinaya Mahavagga 1:11.1

edit on 10/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is that why the cross features so prominently in his story?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I've already won the race. Remember the word ALREADY when you are Born Again. God has already taken care of everything. Praise Jesus. No mortals will ever understand God

No mortal will ever understand God, yet you know exactly what he's doing, who he's doing it for, and why. Somehow, those statements don't quite jibe.
edit on 20-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

For that my friend, you'll need to be Born Again

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Buddha Said : I am still searching for truth, whereas
Jesus Said: I AM THE TRUTH

Case Closed

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Nope. Case NOT closed.

Nice try, though, oh ye of few words and less reason.

A number of recent books have proposed the idea that Buddha and Jesus are practically brothers. Close to the end of Living Buddha, Living Christ, Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh asserted, "When you are a truly happy Christian, you are also a Buddhist. And vice versa."1

In the controversial book Jesus and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings, New Testament scholar Marcus J. Borg claimed that both religious founders espoused a "world-subverting wisdom that undermined and challenged conventional ways of seeing and being in their time and in every time." Borg claimed that both were teachers of wisdom, not only regarding "moral behavior, but about the 'center,' the place from which moral perception and moral behavior flow." Both, according to Borg, "were teachers of the way less traveled. 'Way' or 'path' imagery is central to both bodies of teaching."2

Just in case you suffer a bizarre, psychotic break and feel the urge to LOOK INTO IT. This was clipped from FF's first link posted.
I'm not saying Jesus wasn't a great guy...

but as AI said, there are as many paths up the mountain as there are individuals. It's the ones running around at the bottom telling people they "have to take" the path they like the best WHO ARE HOLDING US BACK.

Poppycock indeed.

edit on 10/20/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Buddha Said : I am still searching for truth, whereas
Jesus Said: I AM THE TRUTH

The fool is wise and the wiseman is the fool, for the fool will still listen, whereas the wiseman believes he doesn't need to listen.

Have you ever encountered that saying before? You reminded me of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Too late?

According to you we're not pressed for time.

According to you, we are.

It's never too late to recognize the love of God made known. It's 'urgent' only in the sense of 'the sooner the better' because that's when everything begins anew with a fresh start even while we're already still on the way.

i'll come back and add more, but what we have with Jesus and his Great Work is a human being perfectly reflecting the will of God through whom God's will as the will to love became transparent.

It's like a multifaceted diamond of meaning and significance that remains available for appreciation.

That we are too ignorant to recognize it isn't Jesus or God's fault because it's all or nothing and there are no half measures about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

i'll come back and add more, but what we have with Jesus and his Great Work is a human being perfectly reflecting the will of God through whom God's will as the will to love became transparent.

By allowing himself to be crucified and humiliated, when he could easily have proved to them exactly who and what he was, and thereby established his reign over the Earth? Why make it so difficult and obscure? Why play coy about it? Boom. Satan destroyed, every sinner either converted or condemned, and God gets the world and people he always wanted.

So why did he have to sacrifice his only son? Why was that necessary for someone who could rearrange the universe itself with a thought?
edit on 21-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was not a demonstration of coercive power, or the opportunity for love, as the appropriate response, is removed/lost.

As to the organization of the cosmos, bear in mind that it WAS done according to a cosmic framework and timetable, by anticipation, from a first/last cause.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has been said that the meaning of communication is the response you get, and, that the definition of the height of Virtue is, power, restrained.

Furthermore it was done not according to human expectation but according to the power and wisdom of God who's will is love and the desire to share in koinonia which means intimate, participatory communion.

Neither was it about temporal power (which as I've pointed out was nevertheless demonstrated), but spiritual power, and love.

edit on 21-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Your answer doesn't make even a little bit of sense. Here is my question again:

By allowing himself to be crucified and humiliated, when he could easily have proved to them exactly who and what he was, and thereby established his reign over the Earth? Why make it so difficult and obscure? Why play coy about it? Boom. Satan destroyed, every sinner either converted or condemned, and God gets the world and people he always wanted.

So why did he have to sacrifice his only son? Why was that necessary for someone who could rearrange the universe itself with a thought?

Let's try this again.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It was made by design from a first/last cause with the utmost ingenuity to both reveal/communicate and to confound, while protecting and preserving and upholding as a point of Liberation, absolute freedom, including the freedom to respond with love in kind, which isn't love unless it is free. It's non-coercive and invitational only as an invite to a "wedding" which is the co-mingling, in love, of the spirit of God and man or of the Spirit and the Bride.

Note Jesus' "Glorification Prayer" in John, which begins with “Father, the hour has come." bearing in mind the nature of that particular hour which Jesus was working in relation to as a precise schedule by anticipation even from a first/last cause and thus an original intent.

Remember too that he walked out of the tomb three days later, even employing the art of disguise (what they can do to a man once they could try a second time) while having a little fun with his friends on the Road to Emmaus and that the act itself symbolized both the rite of spring (Passover) according to the Jewish lunar calendar as well as the winter solstice (three days in the tomb before a resurrection), and thus it was done in alignment with the divine order as a type of cosmic theodolite surveying "the true measure of a man", a theodolite being a survey lens which measures true vertical and horizontal (think relativity whereby everything is relative and where context and framing means everything).

Whatever it was and what took place there, in regards to "powers and principalities", it was definitely full body spectrum as a representation of the Tree of Life and it's Twin Pillars (divided middle) of Justice and Mercy, and thus it also represents a type of doorway stretching as tall as the heavens in who stands God himself, as a person, and as a who, not a what.

By human expectations alone, it's inconceivable and it confounds the "wisdom" of the "wise" as it was meant to, and that's why I say that it's funny and quite humorous when the will and pride and "knowledge" of man is discombobulated by it's ultra-reasonableness (unreasonably reasonable) and practical nature as an expression of the Goodness and Love of God while upholding the Standard of Truth and Justice ie: without making any compromise whatsoever with sin and evil or as an incorruptible standard capable of standing the test of time and of transcending history (passover), and thus freely available and freely communicated from age to age until it IS fully recognized and understood, eventually..

edit on 21-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That's a lot of words for just saying "I don't know." And that's really all I got out of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Evaluate the information and think it through...

Just because you think it should have been done differently (with a powerful fist slam or awesome demonstration of some sort) doesn't detract one iota from the wisdom by which it was done, as intended by God even from the very beginning and to the end (and the new beginning).

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Just because you think it should have been done differently (with a powerful fist slam or awesome demonstration of some sort) doesn't detract one iota from the wisdom by which it was done, as intended by God even from the very beginning and to the end (and the new beginning).

Because implanting your seed in a random woman without her consent in order to produce a demigod intent on spreading your message in the world, all the while fully intending to allow your crowning creation to effectively slaughter your child for spreading said message, in order to establish the groundwork for a cannibalistic ritual designed to save your crowning creation from an evil you created and could just as easily erase with a mere thought, is absolutely the wisest way of going about things. As opposed to descending from the heavens on a flaming golden unicorn with a pair of dragons perched on your shoulders and a flock of angels singing praises to make the most stoic man weep. That would obviously be completely out of the question.

Please pardon my utter lack of conviction and steadily greater sense of incredulity as I process your post for the fourth time. Your claims are crystal clear - but how they follow any sort of logic is beyond me. Wish me luck, I'm going back for a fifth time just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

...Annnddd I'm back with a resounding negative. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Have you been Punk'd by God the Master conspirator?

troubleshooter
God's Conspiracy is to blindside the wise, learned, mighty and noble...
...and most of you have been punk'd.

God first said He would do this through His prophet Isaiah who wrote in the 8th century BC...

"...behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid." Isaiah 29:14

Paul quotes from Isaiah in his first letter to Corinth (one of the undisputed letters of Paul)...

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent (learned, intelligent). 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" 1 Corinthians 1:19-20

He did it by turning the human notions of wisdom on its head...

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:" 1 Corinthians 1:26-28

God designed a way to reveal Himself that would be rejected by the world's best and brightest...
...and it is still blindsiding those who think they are special because of wealth, education or power.

How did God punk most of you?

He revealed Himself as a babe, conceived and born in scandal...
...as a man He healed the sick, sided with the oppressed and raised the dead...
...He opposed the religious and secular elite...
...who executed Him for telling them who He really was...
...but He then turned this corporate murder into a victory over death itself.

Paul said it like this...
"...the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God...the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

Your responses will reveal whether you have been punk'd by God or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

God designed a way to reveal Himself that would be rejected by the world's best and brightest...

Then he should happily accept the consequences. Don't make it difficult for a man to walk and then expect him to run. That's just cruel.

He revealed Himself as a babe, conceived and born in scandal...
...as a man He healed the sick, sided with the oppressed and raised the dead...
...He opposed the religious and secular elite...
...who executed Him for telling them who He really was...
...but He then turned this corporate murder into a victory over death itself.

I clearly see how that does us a lot of good today. Oh wait, I don't.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

NewAgeMan i'll come back and add more, but what we have with Jesus and his Great Work is a human being perfectly reflecting the will of God through whom God's will as the will to love became transparent.

AfterInfinity

With that (Jesus's monumental) sacrifice shoulda/woulda washed us of all sins, not only prior but (according to scripture) all to come in the future. So, here is the thing; there is still evidence of "BAD DOINGS" (according to news sources) existing on this Earth within Gods domaine, and having given up his "SON' has done nothing to appease/thwart the force/intent of evil STILL HERE and exacting its presence. Was the act of sacrifice a 'PASS GO 200.00" monopoly board gamesmanship and in so being in the knowing, (Jesus absolved us of all past and future sins) WE CAN PLAY TWISTER (with the moral systems) and get away with the free card entrance to heaven. This whole I GOD WILL now kill my own son for your pleasure doesnt fit/stinks. Its too pagan (done before in more ancient civilizations) and I would be surprised if any of it was true, I would believe an insert ideaform created by Walt Disney before I would believe the Bible. At least Walt had a positive vision that concludes this: 1.(SCARE THE KIDS) into going to church, 2. Make the parents pay through the nose for a days worth of distracting entertainment. 3. Pay attention to the distractions and why they are important, keep the human entertained as so not to revolt. Roman Colosseum Caligula 101 studies.
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Looks like you got punk'd too, even YOU!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

How does that even compute? Because God cannot logically mesh with the mechanics of the universe, you're going to assume he operated through some sort of "anti-physics" and "anti-rational response" in order to keep us from figuring it out, even while he's trying to convince us to sell our souls to him.

That makes no sense. There's no "punk'd" here. There's only you doing this mental contortionist exercise to keep God above the '30% plausible' line. I like ya, Bob, but this is getting really ridiculous. There are only so many assumptions and extrapolations and feats of mental gymnastics you can pull before it becomes clearer than crystal that you are just making excuses for a poorly written figment of fictional literature.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
NewAgeMan
reply to post by Vethumanbeing Grand Prankster Extroadinare Blindfolded by others

NewAgeMan[/]
Looks like you got punk'd too, even YOU!

I thought I was talking to God Itself, and I relish those very deep and PRIVATE conversations. Was I talking to Satan instead?! OH HE IS SO SNEAKY THAT ONE (just you wait when I catch him unawares) cell phone capture pic and release it on the international spiders web.web.web site Http/.gov/real truth.org/for your information/.edu. (Im not sure I understand what you mean at all NAM, but Im ALL IN). Good sportsmanship reigns all over the parade.
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join