It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC/WSJ poll: 60 percent say fire every member of Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Throw the bums out.

That’s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not.

According to the latest NBC/WSJ poll, the shutdown has been a political disaster. One in three say the shutdown has directly impacted their lives, and 65 percent say the shutdown is doing quite a bit of harm to the economy. NBC's Chuck Todd reports.
The 60 percent figure is the highest-ever in that question recorded in the poll, registered in the wake of the government shutdown and threat of the U.S. defaulting on its debt.

NBC/WSJ poll: 60 percent say fire every member of Congress

It seems the american public have had enough with our dear congressional fat cats. It doesn´t surprise me one bit that the greater part of this country want them out, or even in their more juicy dreams, hanging on all available lamp posts around the Capitol Hill.

What say you about this poll? And if fired, what should we do with them. Sue them, demand them arrested or what?
edit on 11-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
They should all be investigated. But, not likely to happen. It is impossible for each one of them to be innocent of a crime. I'd bet a fair chunk of money on it. Money I got in kickbacks...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Sixty percent say fire every member if congress... Out of a cannon.

No electorate worth it's salt would have any other response to this bloody mess.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well midterm elections are approaching and I think THAT would be the best time to make a statement of intent. If you are not happy with your representative then please vote them out. Take the time to study each candidate and vote for one you think means well. Also poeple should be encouraged to vote for small parties if the big ones dont suit their agenda. There is no such thing as a wasted vote, unless you succumb to peer pressure and dumb thinking.

60% think most or all of congress are criminals or at least worthless scum. I agree to a large extent!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't necessarily agree with getting rid of everyone. I'll be the first in line to say the whole damn thing is corrupt. This goes for the left and right sides of the isle. You have enough corruption on both sides to garner a massive dismissal across the board. However, this doesn't warrant the dismissal of everyone, therefor removing every bit of political experience we have as a nation. Removing everyone also punishes the few who have, or at least attempted to, vote with a conscience.Here's my take on the best and most realistic way to clean house. It's a clear and concise message that can be easily consolidated and mobilized. Every single individual who has officially supported Citizens United should be automatically removed and indicted. This includes actions taken on the Disclose Act. Citizens United is blatant bribery, and bribery is criminal activity

The receiving or offering any undue reward by or to any person whomsoever, whose ordinary profession or business relates to the administration of public justice, in order to influence his behavior in otlice, and to incline him to act contrary to his duty and the known rules of honesty and integrity. Hall v. Marshall, 80 Ky. 552; Walsh v. People, 05 111. 05, 16 Am. Rep. 509; Com. v. Murray, 135 Mass. 530; Hutchinson v. State, 36 Tex. 294. The term “bribery” now extends further, and includes the offense of giving a bribe to many other classes of officers; it applies both to the actor and receiver, and extends to voters, cabinet ministers, legislators, sheriffs, and other classes. 2 Whart. Crim. Law, Law Dictionary: thelawdictionary.org...
Notice how this applies to both the actor and receiver? Now we're talking about doing some damage. This may not get rid of everyone, but it would definitely put those who are left, and those who would be replacements, on notice that criminal activity will not be accepted. In fairness, I'm also for maintaining the official demographic that is currently in place. IE: Only Republicans can run for the seats in which Republicans were removed and the same for the Democrats. This is an American issue, not a partisan one. Therefor, it shouldn't be used as an opportunity to gain official seats.Another way you could go would be the NDAA. Whatever you could get a consensus from the public on.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07
Well midterm elections are approaching and I think THAT would be the best time to make a statement of intent. If you are not happy with your representative then please vote them out. Take the time to study each candidate and vote for one you think means well. Also poeple should be encouraged to vote for small parties if the big ones dont suit their agenda. There is no such thing as a wasted vote, unless you succumb to peer pressure and dumb thinking.

60% think most or all of congress are criminals or at least worthless scum. I agree to a large extent!

Vote in a cat, a dog, and inanimate object. That's the only way you are going to make a real statement. You can't take power away from something by taking it from the left hand and giving it to the right... or vice versa.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am a long and vocal proponent of ridding American politics of EVERYONE that has any affiliation whatsoever with either party. Both have been corrupted and are directly responsible for virtually every ill that faces this country. Poll results like these suggest that we're slowly approaching the tipping point where it may just be possible. Sadly, most Americans are so blind it won't happen. Collectively, we are as dumb as a stump. Most believe that if only the OTHER party was in control they'd be able to fix everything. And no matter how many cycles we go through they just can't wrap their pointy little heads around that fact that it's broken. It's ALL broken. Through them ALL out and REFUSE to elect ANYONE from either party. Bankrupt them, close them and make them the pariahs they truly are.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ONLY 60% said that? I would have thought the number would have been much higher.
Fire every federal elected official in DC ... including Obama and Biden.
Fire every one they appointed ... like that corrupt dog Holder.

If the USA were a business, it would be bankrupt and those people running it would be
in jail for fraud and financial mismanagement.

Unfortunately, we can't fire them. They are elected by (stupid) Americans.
So we are stuck with them through the election cycle. DRATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

boncho
Vote in a cat, a dog, and inanimate object. .

Maybe America should start a campaign to vote in GRUMPY CAT in 2016.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
NPR reported on this poll this morning and worded it in such a way as to present it applying to only republicans.

As long as the media keeps playing this partisan jack-off game the problem will only persist.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

boncho

EarthCitizen07

Vote in a cat, a dog, and inanimate object. That's the only way you are going to make a real statement. You can't take power away from something by taking it from the left hand and giving it to the right... or vice versa.

So if someone votes for a green or libertarian party candidate, what is that? A wasted vote? How is it more wasteful than voting for santa claus, bugs bunny, daffy duck, yosemite sam, godzilla, the easter bunny, flying lepracauns, etc?

People dont respect themselves enough I guess. Its good to be a realist but pessimistic is uncalled for.
edit on 11/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: minor correction

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

That means 40% will still vote their own hack into re-election because he's their loser and that makes it special or something. Ugh...

Until we hit 70-80% repeatedly, I don't think the Pols will even pay attention. Unless it actually happens ...and midterms are historically VERY low for any turn out...then they'll laugh at the mere suggestion of a total roll over for offices.

America has never had the guts to do it before, as a nation and on purpose. Will we find the courage to save ourselves this time? I'm dubious. Very very doubtful. I hope though... Gotta have hope.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Eric Holder, John McCain and John Kerry should have been recalled or impeached respectively. Not that everyone else is good, but these 3 criminals come to mind right away. You can actuall recall congressional representatives but I think its a difficult process.

Just fire them come next election. Problem solved!

And Obama could have been impeached as well, but that is a different more complex situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07

boncho

EarthCitizen07

So if someone votes for a green or libertarian party candidate, what is that? A wasted vote? How is it more wasteful than voting for santa claus, bugs bunny, daffy duck, yosemite sam, godzilla, the easter bunny, flying lepracauns, etc?

People dont respect themselves enough I guess. Its good to be a realist but pessimistic is uncalled for.
edit on 11/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: minor correction

The difference is Santa Clause cannot be bought, he cant be blackmailed, bribed, threatened, enticed, anything. Follow whatever talking head you want, constitutionalist, minimalist, Libertarian, librarian, whoever, they all claim to be saints until they actually get to wield the power they are after.

Vote in an inanimate object, just for a year, let them know you would rather have a daffy duck statue running your country than them, that will send a message.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are being cynical but I guess its ok to have a laugh at the situation.

I dont expect miracles from any politician because I know the real authority is the federal reserve and the bilderbergers. I just want the most positive change in the shortest period of time. Both tea party and occupy did accomplish something, even if it is not visible yet.

We have to be patient and persistant to win. Evil resides within darkness aka misinformation. The more awake people are, the harder to manipulate they become.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I am not very surprised the demand for firing them all is so low, however, I am one who believes they should all be fired.

As to what to do after that should it happen? If anyone of them was any other Joe Blow on the street they would be imprisoned... but I would not ask that but for a few... most.. just bar them from ever holding office again.

And replace them with people without any political aspiration. Just, normal people who would be willing to hold office without pay, or with very low pay. And put laws in place against any interaction with lobbyists in the future.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by boncho

You are being cynical but I guess its ok to have a laugh at the situation.

I dont expect miracles from any politician because I know the real authority is the federal reserve and the bilderbergers. I just want the most positive change in the shortest period of time. Both tea party and occupy did accomplish something, even if it is not visible yet.

We have to be patient and persistant to win. Evil resides within darkness aka misinformation. The more awake people are, the harder to manipulate they become.

Ah yes, so since the inception of the fed, which leader exactly changed it all for the better? When did the system completely shift in a different direction?

Let's go back further, The Boston Tea Party, major change in how things operated no? Major statement there no? Kind of like voting in Mickey Mouse into office? innit..

I'm a realist.

If you want hope and change, you actually have to change something.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hard to believe so many Americans are happy with what is going on in Washington, what is it going to take to join forces against our tyrannical government?

Hired Goons at Independence Hall

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

That's exactly the way positions of influence in politics in Greece were elected way way back then. It was like jury service today. You had no choice, you came in, did your bit then left to continue ordinary civilian life.
I agree.
BTW AM listening to RT news at the minute. Larry is interviewing Jessie Ventura! He tells Larry he is in talks with Howard Stern to run for President as an independant, with Stern as his wing man. Could see people going for that in the current climate or am I totally off kilter?
edit on 11-10-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Gary Johnson talked about getting rid of the federal reserve and irs, talked about ending all the wars and shrinking the military industrial complex, being more isolationist, free trade(although I dont agree with this), stopping croney capitalism by going after the monopolies, the bailouts,etc.

He never got enough airtime because the libertarian party is poor. Blame the campaign system that demands tens of millions to run an effective campaign, msm and the debate commission that perpetuates the goold ole boys club.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join