It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of North America!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Now this is a very interesting concept, a borderless North America.

Mexico, Canada and the United States all using 1 currency with no borders for its legal citizens.

I have always thought it would be good for a united North America.

From a security standpoint this makes sence, but from the legal side it will never happen.

New U.S.-Mexico-Canada security plan would virtually eliminate national borders.

WASHINGTON � North American national borders would be virtually eliminated under plans being considered by senior business and political leaders from Canada, the United States and Mexico for a "NAFTA-plus," continent-wide, customs-free zone with a common approach to trade, energy, immigration, law enforcement and security.

A tri-national task force, chaired by former Liberal Party deputy prime minister John Manley, with the full backing of all three governments, is plotting the roadmap for this new, bolder alliance meant to compete with the European Union. William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts and Pedro Aspe, former Mexican finance minister, join Manley on the panel that reports directly to the Council on Foreign Relations.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

I have always thought it would be good for a united North America.

From a security standpoint this makes sence, but from the legal side it will never happen.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

With respect to the legalities of economic and social policy it already has happened - under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement, and shored up by World Bank and GATT terms - multinational corporations already rule the continent in *almost* every way that counts.

True - the 'Continental Corporate Merger' still requires some tweaking, but it looks like this bit of lunacy might do the trick.

Goodbye democracy. Hello my Corporate Lord. Where do I get my indenture papers?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Concerning the open-boarders policy the U.S. admin is currently adopting, it looks to be the next logical step.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Economically I could see this happening. I could see currency unification because even in it's recently weakened state the American dollar is stronger than canada or mexico's currencies. What I can not, however, see is a single government over the three nations. I just believe there are far too many differences involved to be able to have a single body over all three nations.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What I heard years ago. Was that during the Nixon era, back in 1972 it was regionalized. In fact it was in the newspapers in the early 1990's. It includes all of South America as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know if Canadians would take well to seeing George Washington and Abe Lincoln on their currency. For us, those are foreign personalities.

However, I do feel it will happen. As for the free circulation of citizens and goods, I'm all for it.

But governments would still have to be separate. Culturally and socially, there are too many differences. We Canadians would not take well to having, for example, a ban on abortion imposed on us.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All we need to do is look across the Atlantic!

The countries of Europe are banding together to have one common currency, the EURO.

These countries have free trade borders with their own common government, and it seems to work for Europe.

All of the small countries of Europe have a larger voice in the world by being apart of the EU, and the same thing could be done over here in the states.

But dont just limit it to North America, include Central and South America, and make it the United States of the America's.

With a 1 year term rotating central President like they do at the EU.

Just think of what an economic powerhouse this would be!

Japan today has commented that a second or third source of monitary standard needs to be started besides the Dollar.

My thinking behind there comment is that Japan is looking into a possible agreement similar to the EU with the asian rim countries.

Russia's Pres last week commented about a starting a network or a group of counties to counter the EU and the US.

In the next 10 years, there will be 3-4 groups of countries that have joined together as units like the EU to create a stronger voice for their own respective countries. Safety and strength in numbers!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The military industrial complex despises the American people to the extent they have sold out our lives to Mexican immigrants, our properties to European bankers, and our Jobs to the International Cabal in power--all for their own gain.

Add this to chem-trails, chlorine/fluoride/aspartame/msg/saccharin pollution, pharmaceuticals-forced-upon us, designer diseases and electronic weapons, and what you have is a deliberate program of planetary genocide against middle educated classes.

Our leaders have sold us out AND they are fomenting an Islamic Jihad so they can kill us off quicker. They don't care if there's an atomic war; they plan to be in their safe enclaves anyway, a Secret Government.

They want drones they can control; never mind, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, our "due process," our "consent of the Governed." Our leaders are monsters, demons and devils led by the Liar and Deceiver, Satan. They hate us all.

May God deliver us from this unspeakable Evil.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ehhh.... I would be not so happy with this. I have a lurking suspicion that the United States would jsut use this as a way to press their beliefs on everyone. Plus, they'd screw up our good-looking money.

DE

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
to consider it, or know about it, or vote on it, or even bring it up for discussion???

They're just going to impose this on us like they did the "Patriot Act"--that turns us all into criminals who DISSENT from laws being passed over our heads without any consideration?

Wow. What despotism!

They call us "complacent." Well, I call them presumptuous "Fiends"!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Economically, I could see this happening. Similar to the EURO in Europe. It may even be the only way to trade competitively with the rest of the world. Already, we are seeing in the US higher price increases than those in Europe, because of the EURO.

When this does happen, it will be made to appear that THEY are doing us a favor and we will gladly go along.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Would Queen Elizabeth retain her role as head of state?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
wow i like this idea sound pretty good no no no what did you say Canada no way ill stay here with those canadians and their cheap perscription drugs

join