It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 House democrats arrested and will be charged!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

not only should hey be arrested ,but fired as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

buster2010
Figures the Dems that show up to support the people exercising their first amendment rights they get busted. The Republicans show up at a protest with the Vets they get a photo op. Makes sense.

So you would rather give illegal immigrants more rights than let the ones that have fought and suffered for your freedoms visit a memorial? You know I use to be a proud democrat and thought that they were for the people, I now am ashamed of the democrats. I am not saying that the republicans are the ones that should lead us, but there needs to come a time when all the stupid crap that they argue about comes to an end. I agree with the republicans on this one. None the less it is still different sides of the same coin. A house divided cannot stand.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Its a start. Let's round up some more of them.
Slime balls. All of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

buster2010
Figures the Dems that show up to support the people exercising their first amendment rights they get busted. The Republicans show up at a protest with the Vets they get a photo op. Makes sense.

Illegals under the law do not actually have the same rights the US cictizen has. If we enforced the letter of the law they would be rounded up and deported. Mexico does that to illegals so why not do it back to them?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

buster2010

You actually think that the media favors the right during this shutdown
is this a joke? It's a good one.

And to think they were arrested JUST for their 1st amendment rights is just ignorant. They were exercising civil disobedience and causing disruption.

And to be honest WW2 vets deserve a respect that goes beyond a government shutdown. Of course, it is the way of the left to think differently in regards to our veterans.

Deny delusion my friend.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Out here in occupied California it is now legal for illegals to practice Law, if you can comprehend such insanity? There is no end to this madness. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ugh. Disappointment. I came in here hoping to read how they were arrested for not representing the will of their constituents. For disregarding the constitution. For supporting policy that is designed to pillage the middle and lower classes at the benefit of themselves, the 1%. Instead, I'm confronted with people being arrested for protesting.

Massive, and utter fail.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Kratos40

Asktheanimals
Too bad they didn't get pepper sprayed and clubbed on the noggin.
Might knock some sense into them.
Notice those arrested all come from states heavily infested with illegals.
Nothing like voting more votes for yourself at the citizen's expense.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, then what you said is pretty callous of you. Just using the term "infested" to somehow infer that illegals are vermin or a disease. These people have fled dire social or economic circumstances to find a better way of life. Yes, they are here illegally but one must remember they are someone's father, mother, sister, brother..and so on. They are human.
Those who were arrested are utilizing their constitutional rights.

So only humans are exempt from being vermin? If the shoe fits...wear it. A rat enters my home against my will and without my permission. I don't want it there and it isn't allowed to be there. Then it digs a hole in my wall and gets into my cabinets and eats my food. Then it reproduces and there are more eating my food. I want these vermin gond. At least I can hire an exterminator for the rat. The people we hire to keep humans out who don't belong here, aren't wanted here and eat our food are ignored by the people we pay to keep them out. And who decides to tell them to do nothing? The same dems that were arrested.

Welcome to America!
edit on 10/9/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

Welcome to America indeed.

I always wonder when I read posts like the one I quoted, how must it feel to have all that hate and anger inside? Hate and anger towards other people simply because they are here without papers? Accusing them of eating your food? Are you starving by any chance?

Humans who don't belong here? That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

But again I might just be an extreme bleeding heart so don't mind me.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This country is about done for. We should all get out while we still can. If it was up to me about the illegal's I would come out with a reform that gives you two choices....Mexico or Prison.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

muse7

WeAreAWAKE

Kratos40

Asktheanimals
Too bad they didn't get pepper sprayed and clubbed on the noggin.
Might knock some sense into them.
Notice those arrested all come from states heavily infested with illegals.
Nothing like voting more votes for yourself at the citizen's expense.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, then what you said is pretty callous of you. Just using the term "infested" to somehow infer that illegals are vermin or a disease. These people have fled dire social or economic circumstances to find a better way of life. Yes, they are here illegally but one must remember they are someone's father, mother, sister, brother..and so on. They are human.
Those who were arrested are utilizing their constitutional rights.

So only humans are exempt from being vermin? If the shoe fits...wear it. A rat enters my home against my will and without my permission. I don't want it there and it isn't allowed to be there. Then it digs a hole in my wall and gets into my cabinets and eats my food. Then it reproduces and there are more eating my food. I want these vermin gond. At least I can hire an exterminator for the rat. The people we hire to keep humans out who don't belong here, aren't wanted here and eat our food are ignored by the people we pay to keep them out. And who decides to tell them to do nothing? The same dems that were arrested.

Welcome to America!
edit on 10/9/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

Welcome to America indeed.

I always wonder when I read posts like the one I quoted, how must it feel to have all that hate and anger inside? Hate and anger towards other people simply because they are here without papers? Accusing them of eating your food? Are you starving by any chance?

Humans who don't belong here? That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

But again I might just be an extreme bleeding heart so don't mind me.

No hate at all. Just don't want them here illegally much as I wouldn't want someone in my home illegally. And that has nothing to do with papers, it has to do with invading, illegally breaching our borders for their own selfish benefit. Taking from everyone, no matter how small. One job, one benefit meant for US citizens. Stealing is stealing. And yes...I have been hungry before. And while I was hungry I know there were illegal aliens eating while I wasn't. That is wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Only 427 to go...

It's amusing that they think this tiny act will somehow make them the champions of "freedom" but We need more people immigrating here like we need self autonomous drones with Robocop personality programming. Part of being the nanny state that America is, the arrogant country the government makes up out to be, is pretending to be this wonderfully protective place that accepts all when it seems to me that it's just getting things read for the eventual influx from Mexico once they hit everyone with the North American Union.

Still, I also am sure this "shocking" news won't be even a flash in the pan as these men are well paid, have friends in high places and lawyers who will spring them in hours (if that hasn't already happened) and this seems stunt-like for publicity. I don't think we are labori8ng under any illusions that they are treated like the average jack and Jane on the street, as another poster said "not pepper sprayed and knocked on the noggin" with truncheons.

I feel that the only way we will see true change is if things get REALLY bad, so I hope the craziness accelerates, the "govt. shut down" is exposed for the theater production and fear mongering it is, and we as Americans take to the streets soon and often.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Oh come on now. When did any politician in DC every give a rat's-ass about anyone's rights.

It's all about winning the Latino vote. Pure $ Simple

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aptrgangr

(side note: I authored a thread about autonomous killer drones just the other day.
www.abovetopsecret.com...)

I also agree about the North American Union. This is by design, and unfortunately I think they are pushing us into a civil war type scenario, as that is the simplest way to reduce us into accepting this union idea.

We aren't buying it, but you can bet the immigration crowd is eating it up, "Oh look, they're willing to go to jail so that we can have our rights." Never mind the fact they don't offer the same courtesy to those of us paying their salaries.

As I said earlier in the thread, when the President of this country is willing to offer more courtesy to those in the country illegally than it's own citizens by giving them a permit and allowing them to gather, while denying those who risked their lives for this country to visit a memorial erected in their honor, it shows a sad state of affairs indeed.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I was hoping Immigration would use this as an opportunity to arrest every illegal who dared show their face, and deport them back to their country. Every DC immigration official who wasn't furloughed should be fired, for not doing their job. They knew this was a rally, why didn't they take advantage of it? Why should living here illegally be rewarded?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Blaine91555
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I do not agree with them but I applaud them for standing up for what they believe in.

Again the problem is an inability for Congress to compromise and act like leaders. These folks are as much at fault as those they are protesting against IMO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The problem is that these men are bought and paid for by corporate lobbying groups!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Yeah, that to.

Veterans can't see an open air memorial, but these clowns can do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I admire there stand. Even a 'planned' arrest is inconvenient and difficult and not something to be taken lightly.

Civil Disobedience. They were part of 200 that were arrested. It makes a much greater statement then just standing by - or yelling - or writing.

It's action.

We get too content (I almost wrote contempt ???) sitting at our computers and passing judgement on others, speaking before thinking, lashing out from fear. Cowardly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join