It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know That One Guy Who Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare? He Didn’t

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Tazkven
Yea, maybe some snag and bumps along the way but I think it is a fairly good start.

It's unsustainable. That's more than a 'bump'. It's a road block built with concrete barriers.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe
Obamacare itself is a lie. They marketed it as a lie. Folks bought into the lie. Considering those facts??? I am not surprised that this "success story" is a lie as well.

If Obamacare is the biggest failure ever known to man, they will lie and create numbers saying that it is a huge success. If people complain that they don't want any part of it... they will lie and create numbers saying the majority of Americans DO want it. If folks die as a result of this lovely gift from our government, they will lie and create numbers bragging about how many people have been saved that would have died if not for them.

It's all a lie. This guy fits right in.

uhmmm....you do know that it doesn't start up until jan 1st 2014?...I guess not......my son was on our insurance plan until he turn 26 in the past month...we had no problems with it, he was simply covered for a few years like we were.

I know this is going to be real hard for you "GOTCHA" republicans...but it might take a year to get it working in sync, and that's without republican congressmen trying to sabotage it.

I'm not a Republican. That's what happens when you ASSume. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior so even though this is not in full swing yet, there is writing on the wall. I just choose to see it when others do not. Every piece of information about this has been a lie thus far. Will they lie less or change the bill before 2014? I highly doubt it. Until then I stand by what I wrote.... NOT as a republican.
edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

so stopping explusion for pre-existing conditions was a lie?...and keeping your kids on the parents insurance was a lie?...and insurance companies having to refund premium payers was a lie?...you can stand by anything you want, it doesn't make it true.

THIS healthcare plan is not what was promised or sold so it is, by definition a lie. I understand if it works for you. I am sure there will be a few that it works for and that in turn will make them a fan. But if I choose a Porsche on the car lot and get a Pinto... SOMEBODY LIED.
edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

using your analogy...this is for the people that can't even buy a car....i'm sure they would take a pinto....

Just because someone can't afford the best, it doesn't mean they should be shat on and grateful for it. Obviously a lot of us are going to "take" the Pinto since there really isn't a whole lot of choice. Bait and switch is a crap thing to do regardless of one's income or lack thereof IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Yesterday I plugged my information into two different insurance calculators ($36,000/yr single age 28 non-smoker) just to see what I'd qualify for despite my company already offering health insurance. The math worked out to be roughly $200 a month give take $20/mo with no subsidy. I just calculated my budget like 5 minutes ago and $200 a month would break me. I'm glad I have health insurance through my work. This wasn't even getting into the deductible which was looking like it would be around $5000 a year. I don't know about you, but paying $200 a month for insurance with a $5000 a year deductible isn't affordable.

For every person this stupid law helps out, there is like 5 people that are getting screwed by it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe, maybe not ... I have yet to see any hard numbers to support that argument besides a select few trying to convince us all that the sky is falling.

In the mean time I will enjoy the positive changes it brought to my current insurance plan, the stuff you neglected to quote in my post, besides the last line ...

• Dependent children can now be covered by their parent’s policy until age 26.
• Many plans must cover preventative care with no copays or deductibles required.
• Annual and lifetime maximums on benefits are prohibited.
• Medicare will provide preventive care with no copays, and the Medicare prescription drug “donut hole” will be eliminated by 2020.

Most all of you are also enjoying these benefits as well,

• Insurance companies can’t deny anyone coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
• They can’t charge women higher rates than men; they can’t charge more due to health status.
• “Age rating,” the ability to charge more due to a person’s age, is greatly limited.
• Preventive care must be provided at no cost – no copays, no deductibles.
• Insurers must spend at least 80 to 85% of every premium dollar on medical care—not administration, overhead, advertising or profits -- or else they must rebate the excess back to their customers.
• Federal subsidies are available through the health exchanges for those whose incomes are less than 400% of the poverty level.
• In states that adopt the change, Medicaid will be offered to families and individuals whose incomes are less than 133% of the poverty level.

If you are so opposed, then you should immediately call your provider and tell them you don't want these new changes to your insurance policy and that you demand to go back to how your insurance was ...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
paying $200 a month for insurance with a $5000 a year deductible isn't affordable.

That would be throwing money away. It wouldn't be worth it.
But the insurance companies would love you.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Its better to complain about it while enjoying the benefits associated with it!

But lets not talk about them because that would be pro-stance!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Tazkven
the stuff you neglected to quote in my post,

I didn't bother because, although the good stuff is very good, it is UNSUSTAINABLE.
That's really the bottom line.

If someone came along and offered me a chocolate cake and asked if I wanted it, I'd say 'heck yes!'. But if he then handed me a bill that couldn't pay for it, then what good does it do to drool over the cake and bemoan how great it is but that I can't have it? The bottom line would be that I can't afford it.

America can't sustain Obamacare. Waiver after waiver. Smart young people opting out. Poor people thinking they'll get free healthcare but who will instead be hit with a new 'tax' that they have to pay and can't afford.

It doesn't do any good to look at the handful of good things Obamacare could do, when the fact is that it is unsustainable. It's just like being offered that big ol chocolate cake at a bakery ... but the bill is too high and the people at the table can't afford it. Ya' know??

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I think it\s most unfair to those who have spent an entire lifetime paying their payroll taxes to Medicare and Medicaid so when they did get older, it would be all but covered for those major issues when most needed.

Now not only will everyone still be paying the FICA tax off payroll, but this new ungodly tax enforced by the IRS if we don't submit to the structured, Government populated insurance exchanges. What could go wrong? The bad rates people see now are still, let's remember, opening day and "make everyone feel good" rates. They are breaking plenty already for how math works out. Wait until the first increases come to a captive audience.

After all, who remembers what happened to auto insurance when it became required to drive at all? Oh, the states promised it would make rates collectively drop, because then EVERYONE would be insured and sharing the cost. Uh-Huh... Worked out that way, huh? lol.....

Not to mention, they can't turn down pre-existing but talk about a benefit with NO benefit. Being carried at rates a household cannot pay and with deductibles that destroy whatever the household had left before $1 of benefit is seen? Well... I'll take not being covered at all, thanks. At least I wasn't illegal to not pay the damn tax then, right?

The largest single tax hike in history, is how this seems to calculate out.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So some-one connected with the government lied.

Why am i not surprised at this?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You do know that over 180,000 accounts have been created on the ACA website in the last week. Obamacare is doing well so far. So if you really think that "one guy who signed up for obamacare" is reality you must be getting your info from the right where there is absolutely no interest in the truth, only in what serves their selves.
edit on Tue October 8th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes, I understand what you are saying ...

I am just wondering if the same people throwing a fit over Obamacare would be doing the same thing over Romneycare, the same program Obamacare was modeled after, if Romney had of won, which is still being used in Massachusetts?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So they couldn't find one person who did sign up for it successfully?

lolz

Obamacare is to healthcare like. . . .

. . . prison rape is to prostate exams.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I don't know how you can come up with a number when in fact Kathleen Sebelius said they don't have those numbers. Jon Stewart Ccuses Kathleen Sebelius of Lying to Him About Obamacare

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I'm pretty sure it's failing in it's goals. The Failure of Romney-Care
But I guess that's a debate for a different thread.

I'm back to ... Obamacare looks great ... but the cost is unsustainable.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Come on! This is to encourage people to keep trying to sign up! Oops, they were caught in a little white lie, but that's okay, it was a lie for the common good. Obamacare is already saving peoples lives around the worl-, er, country. Don't allow lies from the other side to dissuade you from this awesome and completely affordable product! There is enough proof out there that the other side is lying. Lying! That is not okay! Prepare to be covered by the greatest thing to be forc-, er, brought on to the American people!

Did I get it right?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

First off: You got a source for that number?

Second off: Just because people signed up for the website doesn't mean they signed up for insurance.

Here's a few links:
ObamaCare chief: 'I don't know' numbers
HHS Secretary Sebelius: 'I don't know' how many have signed up for ObamaCare
Treasury Secretary Stonewalls When Asked How Many Have Signed Up for Obamacare
Lew Refuses to Say How Many Signed Up for Obamacare

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And people wonder why we don't trust our government. We're being lied to on every facet of our lives.

Honesty has joined the Do-do bird.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

attempt to make ObamaCare look bad.

You're joking right?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by Tazkven

I'm pretty sure it's failing in it's goals. The Failure of Romney-Care
But I guess that's a debate for a different thread.

I'm back to ... Obamacare looks great ... but the cost is unsustainable.

You point me to an article from 2008?

Seriously ?...

Lets focus on current articles shall we?

“There’s a lot of wild accusations that the law is breaking the bank in Massachusetts, and that is simply not the case,” foundation president Michael Widmer told Forbes during the 2012 presidential campaign. “I think the state’s healthcare reform has been a huge success and is probably the best policy achievement in the last 25 years.”

A recent poll by the Massachusetts Medical Society, a statewide physician group, finds that most people in Massachusetts today are generally satisfied with the health-care system there.

“Eighty-four percent of residents expressed satisfaction with the care they received over the last year, including 56 percent who indicated they are ‘very satisfied’ and 28 percent who are ‘somewhat satisfied,’” the survey report states. Seventy-three percent of residents reported that gaining access to health care they need is “not difficult,” and for serious medical problems, 86 percent said the amount of time they needed to wait was not a problem.

While no health-care insurance system – private or public – is perfect, the bottom line in Massachusetts, as the Hill newspaper in Washington reported last month, is that “The vast majority of Massachusetts residents are satisfied with their healthcare under the state's 2006 reform law.”

Romneycare vs Obamacare

Apparently this program is, contrary to what you would have us believe, achieving great success in Massachusetts ...

Here we have a working model of the program in a State that is working, where is your evidence that this is unsustainable or going to be a complete failure, you are going to have to try harder than an article from 2008 ...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You can stow the attitude.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything in regards to Romneycare.
The last I heard, it didn't work very well.
And Obamacare isn't Romneycare.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join