It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know That One Guy Who Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare? He Didn’t

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Seems that the recent poster boy for Obamacare ... Chad Henderson ... is really an Obama campaign worker and that he LIED about being all signed up successfully for Obamacare. He lied while making the rounds of some major news outlets. He lied because 'he wants Obamacare to be a success'. Geee ... more lies about Obamacare being wonderful ... what a surprise. NOT!

The News Doctors

Chad Henderson was all over the news the past two days. The 21-year-old student from Georgia was cited in multiple articles as being one of the few, the proud, the successful to signed up for insurance through a federal exchange.

On his Facebook page, Henderson bragged about being interviewed by “The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Chattanooga Times Free Press, The Huffington Post, Enroll America, and Politico,” along with several local TV affiliates.

His story supposedly was proof that for all their glitches and problems – and the ambivalence of young people – the new health insurance exchanges were working after all. Except it seems like it was all a lie.

So .. Is anything pro-Obamacare believable? (Seems not. It's one lie after another.)
Has anyone actually been able to sign up?? (I don't know)
Has anyone actually been able to sign up and not been hit with sticker shock??

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You're late with the news..nice try though in your attempt to make ObamaCare look bad.

One idiot lying does not make the whole thing fail...but keep wishing.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Honesty is such a negotiable thing these days.........for some people.

Kinda like how media shows file footage to present as live filming of a disaster or other event. ehhhh.. close enough for Government work, right?

They bring truth to the old adage, don't they?

@Onslaught

You're right that one liar within the Obama camp doesn't help or hurt this beast either way.. It's failing all by itself. This just adds humor (dark humor) to the overall scene it's making.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Obamacare itself is a lie. They marketed it as a lie. Folks bought into the lie. Considering those facts??? I am not surprised that this "success story" is a lie as well.

If Obamacare is the biggest failure ever known to man, they will lie and create numbers saying that it is a huge success. If people complain that they don't want any part of it... they will lie and create numbers saying the majority of Americans DO want it. If folks die as a result of this lovely gift from our government, they will lie and create numbers bragging about how many people have been saved that would have died if not for them. You ask them if this is a "Tax" and they lie. The very use of the term "Affordable" in the name is a lie.

It's all a lie. This guy fits right in.
edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I recall reading about this on another thread and I thought to myself how this is another case of the ends justify the means. That is never the case. Lying to try show that Obamacare is successful is such a dumb tactic. If the legislation is really as great as Obama says it is, then it should be able to stand on its own merits. The worst part about this is that the news outlets probably knew all along that this story was full of #, but decided to run it anyways.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
You're late with the news..nice try though in your attempt to make ObamaCare look bad.

I really don't understand this level of denial of a simple failure of the implementation of policy. It isn't in itself proof of any actual impossibility of the idea of it (though I may sensibly draw that conclusion).

It seems to be one of the 'articles of faith' of Obama supporters and does not lend credence to any other non-negotiable areas of debate.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

1 - This came up yesterday .. so it's not 'late'.
2 - I don't have to attempt to make Obamacare look bad. It does it all on it's own.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

This line of thinking gets me too. It's like people feel they can't admit that Obama is anything less than the Messiah and he is never wrong. I am loyal to my husband. I love him... but he can be SO wrong and make bad decisions from time to time. I do not get the blind loyalty. Maybe it's because I didn't vote for him so I don't have to admit that maybe "I" was the one who was wrong? I don't know. I'm not going down with the ship myself. Others can do what they choose.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Obamacare itself is a lie. They marketed it as a lie. Folks bought into the lie. Considering those facts??? I am not surprised that this "success story" is a lie as well.

If Obamacare is the biggest failure ever known to man, they will lie and create numbers saying that it is a huge success. If people complain that they don't want any part of it... they will lie and create numbers saying the majority of Americans DO want it. If folks die as a result of this lovely gift from our government, they will lie and create numbers bragging about how many people have been saved that would have died if not for them.

uhmmm....you do know that it doesn't start up until jan 1st 2014?...I guess not......my son was on our insurance plan until he turn 26 in the past month...we had no problems with it, he was simply covered for a few years like we were.

I know this is going to be real hard for you "GOTCHA" republicans...but it might take a year to get it working in sync, and that's without republican congressmen trying to sabotage it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I read this three days ago..

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
I read this three days ago..

Well good for you. I read it at a news site this morning. There wasn't a thread on it.
So I started one. It's a valid discussion thread. If you don't wish to acknowledge the
facts in the article ... move along. Have a nice day.

Onslaught2996
3:01 pm, October 4th, 2013

Again ... that's not 'late'. Thats current events.
You are new here so you may not understand that.
There are no previous threads on this. It's a valid subject.

edit on 10/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

If Obamacare is the biggest failure ever known to man, they will lie and create numbers saying that it is a huge success. If people complain that they don't want any part of it... they will lie and create numbers saying the majority of Americans DO want it. If folks die as a result of this lovely gift from our government, they will lie and create numbers bragging about how many people have been saved that would have died if not for them.

uhmmm....you do know that it doesn't start up until jan 1st 2014?...I guess not......my son was on our insurance plan until he turn 26 in the past month...we had no problems with it, he was simply covered for a few years like we were.

I know this is going to be real hard for you "GOTCHA" republicans...but it might take a year to get it working in sync, and that's without republican congressmen trying to sabotage it.

I'm not a Republican. That's what happens when you ASSume. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior so even though this is not in full swing yet, there is writing on the wall. I just choose to see it when others do not. Every piece of information about this has been a lie thus far. Will they lie less or change the bill before 2014? I highly doubt it. Until then I stand by what I wrote.... NOT as a republican.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I hadn't noticed this until you shared it, Flyers. Thanks for bringing it.

As noted above, it is just noise amid a real bad musical ..but noise can be interesting to notice too.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not a Republican. That's what happens when you ASSume. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior so even though this is not in full swing yet, there is writing on the wall. I just choose to see it when others do not. Every piece of information about this has been a lie thus far. Will they lie less or change the bill before 2014? I highly doubt it. Until then I stand by what I wrote.... NOT as a republican.

so stopping explusion for pre-existing conditions was a lie?...and keeping your kids on the parents insurance was a lie?...and insurance companies having to refund premium payers was a lie?...you can stand by anything you want, it doesn't make it true.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

How about two idiot's lying?

What makes Obamacare fail is that it further entangles an already heavily burdened middle class into shouldering more of the load to pay for subsidies for people already milking the system. What makes it fail is because it is a highly socialized system that has been put in place in a country that uses capitalism as a financial model. It fails because it gives federal government including the IRS more control of individual citizens lives and it fails because for all it's touted to do, it's more expensive than millions can afford because the law was written by health insurance companies to increase profits.

Being a liberal democrat is one thing but being blind to the simple facts of something are another story.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of the Chad Henderson story, but I have been reading through the comments on the healthcare.gov face book page and I have to say, it's quite interesting!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

so stopping explusion for pre-existing conditions was a lie?...and keeping your kids on the parents insurance was a lie?...and insurance companies having to refund premium payers was a lie?...you can stand by anything you want, it doesn't make it true.

THIS healthcare plan is not what was promised or sold so it is, by definition a lie. I understand if it works for you. I am sure there will be a few that it works for and that in turn will make them a fan. But if I choose a Porsche on the car lot and get a Pinto... SOMEBODY LIED.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Funny, I am already enjoying some of the benefits of Obamacare and I didn't have to do anything ...

• Dependent children can now be covered by their parent’s policy until age 26.
• Many plans must cover preventative care with no copays or deductibles required.
• Annual and lifetime maximums on benefits are prohibited.
• Medicare will provide preventive care with no copays, and the Medicare prescription drug “donut hole” will be eliminated by 2020.

Most all of you are also enjoying these benefits as well,

• Insurance companies can’t deny anyone coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
• They can’t charge women higher rates than men; they can’t charge more due to health status.
• “Age rating,” the ability to charge more due to a person’s age, is greatly limited.
• Preventive care must be provided at no cost – no copays, no deductibles.
• Insurers must spend at least 80 to 85% of every premium dollar on medical care—not administration, overhead, advertising or profits -- or else they must rebate the excess back to their customers.
• Federal subsidies are available through the health exchanges for those whose incomes are less than 400% of the poverty level.
• In states that adopt the change, Medicaid will be offered to families and individuals whose incomes are less than 133% of the poverty level.

Yea, maybe some snag and bumps along the way but I think it is a fairly good start.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

jimmyx

Kangaruex4Ewe

THIS healthcare plan is not what was promised or sold so it is, by definition a lie. I understand if it works for you. I am sure there will be a few that it works for and that in turn will make them a fan. But if I choose a Porsche on the car lot and get a Pinto... SOMEBODY LIED.

using your analogy...this is for the people that can't even buy a car....i'm sure they would take a pinto....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join