It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know That One Guy Who Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare? He Didn’t

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ON TOPIC - Obamacare is unsustainable

Obamacare is unsustainable - September 2013

Confirming the disconnect between the empty-promise pretenses on which ObamaCare was sold and its real-world effects in practice is a new report from Medicare actuaries that says health spending in ObamaCare's first 10 years will be about $621 billion higher than it would be without that train wreck of a law.

That's $7,450 more in health spending per family of four through 2022, according to Duke University health-policy expert Chris Conover, writing for The Apothecary, a Forbes blog. And that figure's contrast with candidate Barack Obama's 2008 promise that he'd lower such families' premiums “by up to $2,500” — during his first term! — is both grim and stark.

Obamacares Unsustainable Revenue Raisers

Younger Uninsured Americans Avoiding Obamacare - Funding Model Unsustainable

CBO Admits Obamacare Unsustainable

ETC ETC ETC ..... add WAIVERGATE on top of this ... all the waivers given out to corporations and groups (lots with political purposes) ... and add that business are cutting people down from 40 hours a week to 29 to avoid Obamacare ... it's UNSUSTAINABLE.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No attitude I am just trying to understand your complaint. Romneycare is THE model for the Affordable Care Act AKA Obamacare, how can you say they are not the same? Yea, I am sure there are small differences here and there but not that many and the program has been running for some seven years.

If these two programs where two cell phone companies someone would be getting sued ...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I notice a recurring theme when witnessing back and forth arguments about the PPACA.

Those who are against it are employed, have insurance already, have worked hard their entire lives, are responsible upstanding citizens.

Those who are for it tend to be getting something for "free." They are young, and can remain on their parent's insurance, they are low-income and are getting a subsidy, they don't comprehend that "free" for them means the rest of us are paying for it.

I have insurance through my employer. My rates have increased over the past year. Soon I will be saying goodbye to my employer and start working for myself full-time. At that point, based on what others are saying (I don't know for sure because I've been trying to get a quote on the healthcare.gov website for FIVE FREAKING DAYS but have been unable to do so) I should expect to pay around $950 a month for my family, with a very high deductable, for health insurance.

So, for all of you getting something for "free," don't you get tired of being a mooch? Are you too selfish to even consider that some of us who work hard every single day of our lives, instead of sitting around smoking weed and playing video games, are essentially paying for your free ride?

I'm not against helping people get healthcare - but the answer is NOT to sellout the American People to private insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

I read this three days ago..

What a freaking troll. Who cares when you read it?

What do you have to add? Numbers on the amount enrolled? Anything to refute the story?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

damwel
You do know that over 180,000 accounts have been created on the ACA website in the last week. Obamacare is doing well so far. So if you really think that "one guy who signed up for obamacare" is reality you must be getting your info from the right where there is absolutely no interest in the truth, only in what serves their selves.
edit on Tue October 8th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

What Obama is offering is far, far worse than what my business offers. The premium, the deductible...and I suspect the same is with most employers.

But even with that, our insurance rates have doubled in 3 years. Prior to that, they had only increased by about 2-3% annually.

I do not see ACA having a positive effect on us.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The most "shocking" part of the story? He was likely paid to do all of this. Yes, yes. It's true.

www.americanthinker.com...

But almost as devastating to the
left is Mr. Henderson's confession that he is
being paid to post pro-Democrat propaganda
on the internet:

Secondly, I work for an organization that
pays me quarterly to posts [sic] the political
stuff as "advocacy" (so it's kind of my job).

He claims to be employed as a "Volunteer at
Organizing for America." Does that mean
the president's OFA fundraising machine
actually has to pay people to post Democrat
talking points on other websites?

Secondly, Sebellious makes the claim that hundreds of thousands have signed up for accounts, and when asked to clarify, "do you mean enrolled?", she lurches forward in her chair, quick to correct, "created accounts".

It is clear if they had any real numbers to report, they would. Instead, they have to create fake enrollees, just like fake twitter followers.

It is obvious by the posts seen all over the web, sticker shock has set in.

I can promise you, no one will spend a mortgage payment for insurance until they are forced to, and by that, I mean they are threatened by penalties greater than the premiums. Hopefully, by then, this monstrosity will be gone.

Makes ya wonder how many Chad Henderson's there could be, just in this thread...
edit on 8-10-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Obamacare is a big ponzi scheme. I'm surprised that people who r awake enough to be on this forum would buy the scam.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
People can "create accounts" and run the numbers just to see what they're in for... without actually signing up for the plans.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Agree. I hope this isn't the begining of a false flag to Martial Law if you don't sign up for this Death Care Insurance. It's just another ponzi $$$ thing for the Elite. Wake Up...... If its no good for the goverment, and they are Exempt from this then tell me why are those mis informed signing up? The News was full of the information that the goverment are exempt.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

Mothers are always right.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have to agree. I used one of the calculators. Here is what I got. Currently, for myself and my husband, I pay 1886.00 a year. Using the calculator, it stated my LOWEST premium for two would be 7500.00 per year. So, from 157.00 a month, to almost 700.00 a month?

I just also received a retention bonus through work of 500.00, and we have a program where if you go have your bloodwork done, blood pressure taken, nothing else, they take at least 250.00 off next years' premiums. For the spouse to partake, it is at least 350.00. That is a nice little savings for one years' premiums for a little bloodwork. You don't have to do anything else.

Oh, where I work, the flu shot is mandatory, and that is free, too. I consider myself very lucky to have what I have through work, and have HUGE amounts of empathy for those that are being forced into Obamacare.

As was the original Republican argument, (No I am not a Republican), there is no free market competition. All of this was manufactured to the benefit of Obama supporting Insurance companies. Otherwise, explain why some companies are excluded from, or chose to be excluded from, the exchange.

As for you can keep your doctor? Nope. My doctor, and his best replacement (IMO), have both QUIT. They both stated if this monstrosity was not stopped, they would, and they did. They are not alone. One of them, an awesome brain surgeon and neurosurgeon, it is a huge loss to the community. Neurosurgeons are so rare, we cannot afford to lose any.

Even at the pain clinic I go to, it now takes 3 months to get an appointment. They too, just got bought out by some medical firm. Not sure how long this group of fantastic anesthesiologists will stay around.

Less students are going to medical school as a direct result of this. It has far reaching ramifications that are littke discussed.

We have all these alleged insured, and thousands less Doctors to treat them. This means delays in care for everyone. Instead of growing a garden, they pulled out the weedkiller, and it got on everything!

edit on 9-10-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The whole thing was an epic fail from jump street..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
You're late with the news..nice try though in your attempt to make ObamaCare look bad.

One idiot lying does not make the whole thing fail...but keep wishing.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Onslaught has the funniest statement of the week.

Like anyone has to Try to make Obama care look bad, it's doing a bang up job all by itself with the sign in issues and Obama officials trying to spin numbers (or lack thereof) of people who signed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join