It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so little info with the DC Immolation case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have looked everywhere for a reason why, or even the name of the guy who did the self Immolation. Is this being hushed? Are they hoping if nothing is said it will blow over? It seems to be getting blown over and people are just acting like oh well just another nut. Weird. If this happened in another country we would be all trying to find out why it happened and what was he trying to protest.
edit on 7-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, they are doing a great job of keeping it hushed, because I have never heard a word about this at all, except from you, right now.

Do you have any other information? When did this happen?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Yes it happened on Friday if I remember. Here is a link.

Man sets himself on fire

No name so far or why he did it. Most of the comments online are of people making jokes about it without asking why.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Don't worry they will marginalize him soon enough, he was crazy, etc...

All to dismiss the one thing that is very clear to all of us.

Something is very wrong in America.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Wow, how terrible.
Maybe because they still don't know who he was, or why he did it?
But your right, I can think of a couple instances right now, when it has happened in other countries, it was on our world news.

And what the hell is wrong with people, that would make fun of this?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

My opinion - This is being kept quiet because self-immolation doesn't happen in 'Muricah. It's something that Buddhist monks do, protesting the Chinese government. It isn't something that happens here, in the land of the free and brave. And no one wants the public to see how bad things have really gotten.

This won't be the last type of this protest, I wager, but I bet we hear even less about the next person to do it.

I think it's pretty weird that a guy set himself on fire on El Presidente's front lawn, and the man hasn't said a word about it. If someone set himself alight in my yard, I would be talking about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

A D.C. man on fire at the National Mall Friday may not have acted alone in his terrifying act. Yesterday, it was reported that the man deliberately ignited himself on fire in front of dozens of witnesses at Washington’s National Mall, causing visitors and joggers to rush to the man’s aid, extinguishing him with their shirts, says NBC on Oct. 4.

The NY Daily News is now reporting that the man had an accomplice – a deliberate witness who set up a camera and tripod and watched as the man doused himself with gasoline and lit his flesh ablaze. The burned man was airlifted to a local hospital and remains in critical condition today.

Source

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Apparently the man was so badly burned they will have to ID him by dental records and DNA and that would take days...at least. If you are that badly burned how do you live long enough to make it to a hospital? Sorry, I'm not a doctor and my mind wanders. BUT I am betting we don't hear any more about this, as far as who he was, why he did it, what they found in his home, etc., etc. because we can pretty much guess he was protesting our government. For what reason? Just pick one of many of the reasons Americans are pissed off right now.

edit on 10/7/13 by opal13 because: forgot a word

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

It seems that if he had a cameraman then he was meaning to make a blunt statement. It makes no sense that he wouldn't have written a note or manifesto stating his reasons for doing this.

Unless of course he did and it's been suppressed.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The act of self immolation, throughout history, has been a very triumphant form of rebellion and has caused quite a few.

I am pretty sure the the government is going to do everything in their power to hush this up for the fear that it might give Americans ideas of just how bad it is here for some people. God forbid if we all banded together and stood for something.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Move along citizen....nothing to see here....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Well, they are doing a great job of keeping it hushed,

I think reporting on some twit who sets himself alight is a bit sick. I would prefer this type of nutcase action is not encourage by sensational over-reporting. That's probably the reason it's not being over reported. It's just a tragic story. Probably another American let down by an inadequate mental health system.

Regards

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

If it happened in another country at its nations capitol it would have been recognized as the state of desperation the country is in. Here we say just a nut case and move along. Hmmm...

Something is amiss in our nations people.

This guy was making a statement, he saluted the capitol building pored gasoline on himself and set himself on fire. The very least we can do is try and understand what he was stating so he did not suffer for nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

On the nose. I feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

benrl
Don't worry they will marginalize him soon enough, he was crazy, etc...

All to dismiss the one thing that is very clear to all of us.

Something is very wrong in America.

Not sure about you but when did lighting yourself on fire become the action of a sane person?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

ZeroReady

My opinion - This is being kept quiet because self-immolation doesn't happen in 'Muricah. It's something that Buddhist monks do, protesting the Chinese government. It isn't something that happens here, in the land of the free and brave. And no one wants the public to see how bad things have really gotten.

This is why its hushed. If the public gets behind this idea the republic may just go into rebellion.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A self immolation sparked the Arab Spring. A self immolation helped to turn the tide of American public opinion against the war in Vietnam.

There's clearly an agenda, probably directed from the very top, to keep what happened on the National Mall hush-hush.

America is coming apart at the seems. The worst is yet to come, I have no doubt whatsoever that the next few years are going to be interesting to say the least.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Do you understand the definition of sanity? Yes a sane person can do this. Insanity means you do not know that your actions are wrong or harmful. This guy knew what he was doing, he was in a state of such desperation that he sacrificed himself in such a way he thought it would garner enough attention for REAL change so others would not suffer as he as.

At this point what I stated is speculation but its usually the reason for self immolation. It always has been. Look at Tunisia it started the Arab spring. Or the Vietnamese monks.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes, exactly. I am sure we will never see what he wrote, or anything about this person.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This "event", or non-event as it seems, really has me feeling a multitude of emotions! I am sooo pi$$@d off that the media is not covering this AT ALL! I am sickened to know that my country's leader has not uttered a word! I am saddened that this man's death now means jack spit because of the media and our leadership! I am ashamed to live in a society where this action goes virtually unnoticed! And most of all, I am OUTRAGED by the responses I have read here by some of my fellow members!!! SHAME ON YOU, those of you who are members here and responding in this way, we are supposed to be the deniers of ignorance and you people who have made such callous remarks are the very definition of ignorant!

Why is there so little coverage of this? My best guess is in line with the guesses of those who have already replied; COVER UP for a plethora of reasons and not the least of which being to avoid a rebellion! I think about the picture of this man sitting on the lush green grass surrounded by flames with only 3 people attempting to put out the fire while so many others simply look on, phones in hand recording the event for social media and I want to VOMIT! It breaks my heart.
edit on 7-10-2013 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join