It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Free Are You, Exactly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Free.......... no one around here by that name.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Nooo you about got it there signal. lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

xxxx the law i have plenty stored away and a close group of pensioners who give me seed for my ground 6.5 acres .

i spent £90 on seeds this year and made £8000 with very little effort
and the veg kept 10+ houses and hotels going plus chickens .

going to get right into beer/wine making this year and see what i make out of it .

since feb 1st i have spent £600.00 and that is everything most of that went on tobacco /electricity .

that is the beauty of living up in the hills
life is beautiful

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

geobro

xxxx the law i have plenty stored away and a close group of pensioners who give me seed for my ground 6.5 acres .

going to get right into beer/wine making this year and see what i make out of it .

since feb 1st i have spent £600.00 and that is everything most of that went on tobacco /electricity .

life is beautiful

I hear you, and I genuinely hope that things continue for you this way.

I'm just concerned about scenarios where the law is enacted, and not that you won't be able to plant what seeds you have saved, but that they come through and attempt to identify the genus of your seeds via the plants and their resulting seeds. If this is the case, I can only then see a scenario where they'd begin to destroy crops.

Scenarios not too far off are happening here in the states with farmers and whether or not they are using the "correct" seeds from Monsanto. Pretty sickening, if you ask me.

- SN

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I am hardly free at all because people judge me for things that are irrelevant all the time. I am not even able to leave my room because I live with room mates who harass me because I'm different, it mostly involves being able to think for myself instead of being robotic, it also involves being stuck in a conservative state where there is a really heavy patriarchy -

So no freedom, more like follow the rules exactly or get stabbed under the table like.
edit on 6-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Yikes, Darkbake. Why are you staying with roommates you can't be yourself with? I know money is probably an issue, but try to change your circumstances. It's often easier than it seems at first glance. However 'different' you might be, there are people who would agree with you out there for the finding.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

Advantage
Seems folks sometimes get anarchy and freedoms confused.

If that is directed at me, I can guarantee you that the things I proposed are far from anarchy.

I am not saying there should not be laws. I am saying that the focus should be on liberty. I am saying that we should accept responsibility for our own actions. I am saying that our liberties do not (and should not) eclipse another's freedom and liberty by either impeding them of their own freedom or liberty or causing any damage or harm.

This is possible. It can be done once we shed archaic and simply outdated laws that reflect religious doctrine and morality. It can be, once we take control of the government, and make sure they realize that we are the ones that pay their bills, and they work FOR us.

If it is not directed at me, you obviously are reading things the way I am. That we can have these things *without* it being anarchy.

Have a great night!

-SN

Dont preach at me.. Im the danged choir!!! .... and nope, wasnt aimed at you or Id have replied TO you.

Have a great night too!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yup, you're right, I read that differently than you had apparently intended.

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

And, just to add to the fire...

Wow, let's keep religion out of this. I do not need laws based on someone else's idea of what is morally correct because of their religious beliefs dictating what I can and can not do.

Abortion
prostitition
"drugs"
drinking
medical practices
"decency"

All of these things need simply be rethought as to their potential for doing damage to others. I cannot help but see them today as someone who had the position to make their personal sense of morals into law over others. That is shortsighted, IMHO.

- SN

Well I think our country is headed in the opposite direction, unfortunately, towards more arbitrary law making. On another note, what AM I free to do?

Not that much. Honestly. A lot of it is because cultures in general in the U.S. have become totalitarian instead of open-minded. And this is on both sides. Put your boots on and march in line.

----------

A good test is to set a goal of your own, something simple, like "Go to the library, check out a book and read it" and see how hard it is to do.
edit on 6-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I like your post Signal Fire, and although I only just read yours, I'll be going back to read the rest and give you S&F.

What I would like to say is you are actually free to do absolutely anything you want to do with the simple understanding that you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Basically you can do anything, keep doing it if or until you're caught and even then you might be able to avoid the consequences too. The wise guy criminals know this as well as the corrupt politicians do. You have free will to do as you please, just be aware that there is a price to be paid if you get caught or can't pay or otherwise leverage you way out of it.

It may not be legal or moral, but you are free to do anything you are actually capable of doing, as evil and sick as that may sound.

Hell, almost everything we do is illegal anyway, so if there is something you can get away with, it's just between you and your maker ultimately.

edit on 6-10-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

i hear you bro life in america seems pretty harsh to farmers and way to many jobsworths roaming around .

life is pretty laid back where i am and future proof i think i have ground well of the road and secluded .

plus i am friends with the head police man for the area i have just done work for him .

i do come out of retirement on occasion for the right people plus i know his son very well .

i am not a fan of pills for back pain more natural remedies if you catch my drift .

when i drank the police called me general chaos now i leave them alone and they leave me alone .

when they jailed me i was a disruptive influence in there even the police called me houdini i got that much passed them
in jail i knew all the wardens and the place turned into party central .

i am having a great life free internet /free t.v /free housing from a friend and free bus travel across scotland .

yip loving every minute of it

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In that Wikipedia™ link You'll see that the word "marijuana" is a Gov't. issued word coined during the LaGuardia Laws while Mayor of New York. His buddies were Rockefeller and J.P. Morgan who owned all the wood and paper mills. It takes trees 23 years and 10 acres to grow the same pulp as 1 growing season and 1 acre of hemp.

There is NO QUESTION that cannabis can be used with/instead of prescribed meds. Maybe "they" will legalize cannabis as soon as "they" make their $$$ on the ACA "they" shoved down most throats. Notice | typed "most"? | get the Federal insurance due to My former employ as both a Fed/State cop and |'m now saving $800/month just on prescriptions. There is a cannabis strain for every ailment or dis-ease. | also NEVER arrested a guy who smoked some ma...cannabis and beat up His g/friend or wife.

www.leap.org www.silvertour.org

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

What is not allowed :

- general drug-related discussion

- information related to drug legalization

- pharmaceutical issues or conspiracies

- hemp use advocacy

- discussion of existing or proposed drug laws

In addition, from the same link:

we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated.

edit on Sun Oct 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

I think you either have the quoting messed up, or didn't fully read what I was saying.

Hmm... I think maybe the latter, or maybe you weren't quite making yourself clear then. I was wondering for awhile if I was not fit for your treefort society, but on clarification I see we're OK with that. Moving along...

I don't have a problem with "anarchism" - anarchy from an anarchist's perspective. The word does not need to carry negative connotations. Per Wiki -

Anarchism; the political theory that a community is best organized by the voluntary cooperation of individuals, rather than by a government, which is regarded as being coercive by nature.

That definition given, I would say the US government has taken a "natural" course, and just about run its course unless it takes a deep breath and re-thinks things a bit. Government and People appear to have different natural agendas though, many of us anyway. I feel the US has lost its sense of "community" - where people are motivated to contribute to its betterment and well-being. In its stead we have a demanding society where people must pay their debt and live up to its standards - so have lost their motivation to contribute much beyond those demands. True community does not exist where true freedom does not abide.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. We're brainwashed into believing that we live in Free countries (canada and the US) that we live in the best countries in the world and on and on. The eventually you start to look around and you're like

"why do we have traffic cameras on every intersection, many of them being relight and photo radar cameras?

Why do we get audited and the IRS comes up with completely fake assessments and then try just steal anything we own to pay off those extortions?

Why do we have a gazillion and one agencies policing anything and everything humanly possible to say or do?

We do we only get main stream television and radio and other media, and less than 1% alternative media?

We do we constantly need to go to war under ff pretenses?

Why are there constantly new domestic FF's happening every single month?

Why are they passing endless new laws that limit our rights and freedoms?

Why are we being taxed in so many ways that most of our money ends up getting paid to taxes?

Why can't our kids run in the play ground anymore?

Why instead of getting healed at the DR we get put on meds that make us worse or get told to get an opperation that could makes us permanantly damaged or kill us?

And the list goes on and on and on with no end in sight!!!

Oh ya it's to keep us safe! yes that's right, it's all to keep us safe. now shut up drink some more tap water and eat some more gmo right? yes I obey. Please keep me more safe. Thank you big brother.

If you can get out, GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! That's my advice to people. There are actually some free countries left in the world. Not a lot but some. Anyone would be smart to move to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Erongaricuaro

SadistNocturne

I think you either have the quoting messed up, or didn't fully read what I was saying.

Hmm... I think maybe the latter. I was wondering for awhile if I was not fit for your treefort society, but on clarification I see we're OK with that. Moving along...

No my friend, I believe you and I agree on more things than we currently realize

I'll wager, if you boil it down, we both agree with the motto "Live and let Live"...am I wrong ?

- SN

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

geobro

life is beautiful

The beer and wine making is a good idea. I'm just trying it for the first time myself. I just have one batch brewing so I'm gonna see how well it turns out. But when I was checking you could make wine for example for about 10% of what you pay in the store. The 2 bottles I made cost 1.50 CAD each. I had no idea it's that high of a mark up in the liquor store. And I seen a guy online who made his own spirits, and he made like 10 liters of spirits (40%) and it cost him about $15 dollars. Where I live you can't even buy a 750ml bottle of anything for $15 dollars. So that 10 liters he made up here would be worth like $300 if you bought from the liquor store, and that's buying the cheapest no name brands. Again he did it for about 15 dollars, so the mark up in the liquor store comes to: 2000% mark up. But he had all the equipment mind you. And I'm not encouraging anyone to go do this as every place the laws are different, but still, the mark up is astronomical! It's totally obserd. It should be illegal to make that kind of ginormous profit like that. Infact on a lot of products in Canada if you go trying to sell them for 2000% mark up you actaully could end up getting charged under competition laws for price goudging.

On smokes too, especially in Canada. I don't smoke and thank Goodness for that. I'd be broke. One pack where I am, in a major city here in Canada, costs 13 dollars. (not a carton, 1 pack). And like I say to some people, ya well if you're rich it's no big deal for anything. But if you're just trying to make ends meet then you start to notice these things. But whatever
edit on 6-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

it was reading your thread the other day that gave me the idea again i used to be good at it years ago .

i am going to start collecting the stuff again and get ready for the spring and get friendly with a fruit shop worker as everything in the uk is expensive the kits for beer and wine are £20+ $32usd you can buy it in the supermarkets here cheaper .

will be leaving the spirits alone too dangerious with whiskey

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

No my friend, I believe you and I agree on more things than we currently realize

I'll wager, if you boil it down, we both agree with the motto "Live and let Live"...am I wrong ?

- SN

True..., even "live and let die" is that is to be their desire.

Pssst... ya got to watch it around SO's treefort. I get the feeling it's OK to tote a kegger up there once in awhile, but no buddage. Zippo. He does like to sport a "Walter White" avatar now and then which kinda makes a person wonder... Too intense for my blood, dig? I mean, I check out the show but I ain't gettin' around no Go. Maybe that's why he doesn't want us smoking in his kitchen... Safety first, ya know.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join