It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

They weren't worried about respect when they did what they did....so why now. They can't claim to be angry, then do nothing when an opportunity arises to let one of the people responsible know.

What did they do?

Here you are sticking up for your POTUS whom takes every chance he can get to get in front of a camera for a photo op to say how much he loves our veterans whom sacrifice their lives for the safety of our country and fellow Americans.......He sure as hell isn't backing up his false words or photo ops by this kind of behavior now is he????

Let me ask you this? Would you have loved the hell out of em if they punched Bachman in the mouth????
Don't lie. You most likely would!

See, you have no respect either. You are bashing some old veterans whom fought for your right to speak the nonsense you are now, for being what?????

Nice to a so Called Republican you hate??????

Get over your political partisanship and learn how to respect even those whom you disagree with! Maybe our next generation might get it!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

FYI: WWII vets are not in the baby boomer generation. Their kids would be, though.

Just a heads up. You're getting your rhetoric jumbled. lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by seeker1963

If they were truly angry, they would have told her so instead of asking for a photograph with here.

They weren't worried about respect when they did what they did....so why now. They can't claim to be angry, then do nothing when an opportunity arises to let one of the people responsible know.

Oh I'm sure they were angry, just not with her. You really believe shutting the memorials and parks and needing a bigger staff to do it than if they'd just left them open was a rightwing plot. Get a grip, everyone knows who want's to cause the pain here. Anyway it's a frigging monument it doesn't need anyone to watch over it. Good grief. They should have used the barricades to roast marshmallows.

No they weren't worried about respect, they don't need to be. YOU and Maher owe them respect, simple as that. We all do.
edit on 020pm4848pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 021pm3838pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

OIC..you are one of those people who are going to blame the left for this or is it strictly Obama's fault that the republican decided to blackmail the government..

No more from me.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You know , alot of those WWII Vets had Brothers in Arms that Died for their Country in an Efford to Preserve the Freedoms that Mr. Maher enjoys Today . Think about that Bill Before you Open that Overly Opinionated Pie Hole again......

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Nice one.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Bassago

OIC..you are one of those people who are going to blame the left for this or is it strictly Obama's fault that the republican decided to blackmail the government..

No more from me.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

Sure why not, Mayer went on TV and spewed about WWII vets.

...and then he blamed it on Michele Bachmann.

I ask the judge for a little latitude on this.
edit on 036pm1515pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Nice one.

I thought you said, "NO MORE FROM ME."?

You are obviously being paid or a sado masochist. Which is it?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Actually he stated she is one of the people responsible and never once did he blame the actions of the vets on Bachman. He also did not blame Bachman for the intelligence of the vets.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I lied..I'm using conservative tongue so that you may better understand me..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So all partisanship aside do you think that Maher should have shown some respect to those vets and just left it alone?

We all read about it in the news so it's not like he was informing us of anything. Just looked like a cheap shot to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The man is a attention whore who insulted men who answered the call.

They were not the ones that ask for their generation to be cut to pieces.

The man has no concept why he has the freedom to spew his garbage.

I salute these brave men. If they choose to gather and honor their fallen.

Bill Is the last person who should open his mouth.

These men never ask for any kind of special treatment.

They did what exactly what we ask them to do and did not complain.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

He should have left it alone.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I lied..I'm using conservative tongue so that you may better understand me..

Exactly my point! Why don't you just admit you lie with the forked tongue of the almighty lord Satan???? After all isn't that what you were referring to???

It isn't a secret that you are a Progressive and you hate everything about those whom don't believe as you do, now is it???

Welcome back Outkast!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sure why not..if it means you go away..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Bassago

He should have left it alone.

Well said!

See there is common ground for us all, we just have to find it. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

How rude of Mr. Maher. He grew up in DC/MD area.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Mommymomo
reply to post by Bassago

How rude of Mr. Maher. He grew up in DC/MD area.

Rude and offensive, so true.

That he was from DC/MD, well just goes to show that D-bags can come from anywhere. It's an equal opportunity mental aberration.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by buster2010

The vets are complaining about about these sites being closed and then pose for a picture with one of the people who was pushing for it to close. Are those the actions of a smart person?

Then make a thread of your own about how stupid our WWII vets are for being polite to a politician whom is at the least trying to help them see a memorial that was built in their honor, and the worst making a photo op out of it!

Join the like of Bill Maher!

Where in this OP's title does it say a damn thing about politicians trying to make a photo op???

From the link in the very first post.

“And then I love this — they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann, who showed up. Michele Bachmann — one of the people most responsible for shutting the f^^king thing down. They’re the greatest generation. Nobody said they were the brightest generation,” he said.

And had you read other links that others had posted she called for the shutdown. So knock off the she was trying to help crap. She was only there for the photo op and to use the vets like any other politician.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The man is a attention whore who insulted men who answered the call.

Yes they answered the call and it was called a draft. If you didn't show up you went to jail. Some call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join