It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward: Republicans Are 'Trying To Blackmail' Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

beezzer

More people voted for conservatives than liberals in the House.

We should listen to the majority of the people.

Now there's another bald faced lie. Ever hear of gerrymandering? The fact of the matter is that House democrats received a million more votes than House republicans, but due to recent gerrymandering of voting districts prior to the election, it didn't matter.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

While Republicans hung onto control of the House of Representatives after Tuesday's election, Democratic candidates across the U.S. received more total votes than Republican candidates did.

While not all ballots have been counted, Democrats hold an edge over Republicans in overall votes. According to ThinkProgress, 53,952,240 votes were cast for Democratic candidates, while Republican candidates received 53,402,643. However, thanks in part to redistricting, Republicans will hold more than half the seats in the House while receiving less than half of overall votes.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

The 435 House elections produced the anomalous result of Republicans winning more seats and Democrats winning more votes.
Democrats led Republicans by 56 million to 55 million votes nationally, according to unofficial tallies from the Associated Press.

www.bloomberg.com...

The 2010 elections, in which Republicans won the House majority and gained more than 700 state legislative seats across the nation, gave the party the upper-hand in the process of redistricting, the once-a-decade redrawing of congressional seats. The advantage helped them design safer partisan districts and maintain their House majority in 2012 -- even as they lost the presidential race by about 5 million votes. Also nationwide, Democratic House candidates combined to win about 1.4 million more votes than Republicans, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News.

Nothing like a steady diet of bald faced lies to help keep the insanely ignorant in line.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

beezzer
People vote.

You realize that there were far more D votes than R votes overall in the House, right? The only reason the R's have a majority is the insane gerrymandering of 2010.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Just another ultra liberal toady that wants to give away my money. How about getting a get a job instead of sucking the life blood out of this great country. 43 million on food stamps, only 63% of the population working, real unemployment in double digits, notwithstanding the governments lies (BLS) BS. Yes, this populist and majority view of the mess Obama and his useless band of liberal idiots have foisted upon us will be heard and headed.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bladerunner44

Just another conservative who is deluded that they are someone who can live alone and doesn’t need services and never will get sick or be out of a job. Yet you ride our roads paid by taxes and call the fire department when your house burns and the police department when your house is robbed, all paid for by taxes you don’t want to pay.

Go live in the mountains by yourself and see how long you last

I imagine a person like you is glad they build bombs and nuclear weapons with your tax money buy don’t like it when they feed a poor person.

That’s primate morality

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Grumble

beezzer
People vote.

You realize that there were far more D votes than R votes overall in the House, right? The only reason the R's have a majority is the insane gerrymandering of 2010.

Does all that account for voter turnouts, etc. and any other anomalies ?

I wonder how all that 'gerrymandering' compares to actual representation of the population of each Congressional district ?

Each district has equal population give or take by law.

If the average population of each district is about 711,000, then we certainly have a majority of the population represented by the House of Representatives.

R) = 233 x 711,000 = 165,633,000 people

D) = 200 x 711,000 = 142,200,000 people

Unless someone can find other actual data ?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Im watching your econemy already start to slide!

I have money against the USD right now on the forex GBP/USD and your dollers sinking and the shutdown hasnt even started!

By the time this storm passed I will have sucked a few hunded dollers out of your country

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well good for you now you can stop crying about how our country is hurting yours.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

That's, honestly, a funny comment. I laughed. Millions of Americans are betting against the dollar as well, by purchasing precious metals.

I just hope the 'publicans stand their ground because there's only 22 minutes left before the 'government shutdown', so if its 'shutdown' even for a few hours, those 'publicans better get something out of it. Otherwise, WTF!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

thesaneone

Well good for you now you can stop crying about how our country is hurting yours.

It still a crap situation and could ruin our economic recovery.

Unlike you I care for more than just myself.

But hey you carry on supporting this insane action!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

have you ever gotten a job from a poor man?
people who make money give jobs to people who need money.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

crazyewok

thesaneone

It still a crap situation and could ruin our economic recovery.

Unlike you I care for more than just myself.

But hey you carry on supporting this insane action!

You say you care, first we are a bunch of rednecks thinking only about us then you go and do the happy dance that the markets are sliding and your making money off of us.

Yes that is not selfish.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

thesaneone

You say you care, first we are a bunch of rednecks thinking only about us then you go and do the happy dance that the markets are sliding and your making money off of us.

Yes that is not selfish.

Never said I was doing the happy dance!

But if you going to F up the econemy I may as well try and make money from it!

I was just pointing out how your currency is collapsing and the shut down hasnt even started!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

spirited75

have you ever gotten a job from a poor man?
people who make money give jobs to people who need money.

People who make money out of thin air, you mean?

# the rich.
edit on 2013/10/1 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

rickymouse
They can't blackmail Obama, he's already a black male.

OMG HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Sometimes, you just have to laugh at a silly joke gang.. sometimes you just need to laugh.

Now back to your regular scheduled bashing of the right programming.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words, Willtell. I usually take a beating for my thoughts. I like your posts, as well...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

and Obama could have delayed Obama care for a year (as it looks like its full of glitches it might take that long to get up and running either way) so he could have swallowed his pride and put off his precious Obama care for a year but he (and democratic senate) decided to do this by not siging off on the delay of Obama care see how that works? now its their fault....

you so worried about the world economy why doesn't the UK bail spain and greece out you know if your so concerned about the stability of the world currency and all why not clean out your house(EU) before tossing stones in glass houses

and it will be a cold day in hell when we take this kind of judgement from the most militant and colonial power of the era, dont you have walls to build so the Indians(from india not native Americans) cant harvest salt so you can tax the crap out of them?or opium to sell the Chinese to keep them downtrodden so you could continue to corner the market?or did u learn after setting up apartheid in south africa? www.monbiot.com... no ones hands are clean in anything on this rock but to accuse us of screwing up the world when your nation screwed it up for millions of local populations over the centuries of your empire

this isnt the first time the government shuts down and it sure as hell wont be the last didnt all go to hell in a hand basket before and i dont see it going this way,even if we end up in default this is not unprecedented among modern or old nations

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join