It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward: Republicans Are 'Trying To Blackmail' Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by crazyewok

There is no later, when opportunity knocks you take advantage of it, that's politics.

And its disgusting!

Cant beleive your defending it!

All your going to do is not just shot yourself in foot by the foot of everyone around.

And I bet when the goverment shuts down all the Congressmens private security and the presidents secret servive still turn up for work!
This is what stupid about this the only people this going to hurt is all us normals. The rich and powerfull wont be affected it the you and me's round the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
DP
edit on 30-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yes! Lets divide the people with backhand parlor tricks in order to get an upper hand for the next election cycle for both sides!

Obamacare is junk. Pretty muck all legislation passed since i have been born is junk, accept for a few "critical mass movement" bills.

They're playing games with the people on both sides of the invisible divide. Do you guys seriously think these guys, Repubs and Dems, aren't out at dinners scratching each others backsides and giving a considerate reach around while they corner us into a pit. When they are done they well simply fill it in and move on.

This is sleight of hand and nothing more. If nothing else its just more of the same. A big great pile of poo.

SAME #, DIFFERENT DAY, BIGGER PILE, SMALLER SHOVEL.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

crazyewok

thesaneone
reply to post by Willtell

You can also say the same thing about Obama, that he is blackmailing the American people with shutdowns, why not postpone obozocare for a while so the government can remain business as usual?

Why can't the dems compromise?
Because they like to screw the American people.

Obamacare good or bad risking the worlds econemy to prove a bloody point is DANGROUS!

But what can we expect from the land of the stupid home of the morons!

I get your point but I don't think it's the land of the stupid home of the morons. I love this country and what it originally stood for, good or bad. I don't think the votes for Obama have been valid and I hate what is happening. I would like it if the proud and the strong, the intelligent and the upstanding citizens were from the land instead of the derelicts that we have today.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I could have scarcely put it better myself, OP.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

'drum, drum, cymbal! let's give him a big round of applause ladies and gentlemen! he will be here all week. don't forget to try the veal!"

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Willtell The Tea party and GOP are heedless, heartless, selfish ideologues who like the Taliban will do anything, hurt or destroy anyone or anything that gets in their way. To enable such ignorant, in-human people is a crime against humanity.

Hear!, Hear!

reply to post by Ahabstar

Yes, it is the right wing rich and their peons that are evil.

The debt is almost entirely fiction.

Where is your indignant outrage at fractional reserve banking, at lending money out of thin air, backed by nothing, by private banks at interest, for profit?

Where is it, I ask?

Where is your outrage at asset price inflation to enrich speculators, financiers and bankers?

Where?

Hypocrisy is thick in the air.
edit on 2013/9/30 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Get em WillTell !

Please help the hold outs understand the trickiest double cross in history .

If the Koch Bros, Big Oil the NRA, The Military Industrial Complex,
the entire AM radio band and Dick Cheney are on your side...
Maybe you're on the wrong side ?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't resent your anger, I understand your vitriol. Your frustration.

All I can say is, "Sorry". We're feeling it too.

But we live in a soft tyranny now. A kind and benevolent dictatorship. Where the only concern is for our safety (from ourselves) and our security (from ourselves).

It's sad, really. We used to be such a good country.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Willtell

You hit the nail on the elephant’s ass!

The GOP AND Tea Party are presently part of the negative pole of humanity. Down with the Taliban, Neo Nazis, perverts, mass murderers and child molesters.

To deny adequate health care to human beings is evil, plain and simple. To also risk a world wide economic crash for your prejudicial ignorance wrapped in selfishness, around greed, for the good of the rich is the lowest of the low.

There is no moral, logical, patriotic, ethical reason for the actions of the GOP tea party.

Hear!, Hear!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

beezzer

But we live in a soft tyranny now. A kind and benevolent dictatorship. Where the only concern is for our safety (from ourselves) and our security (from ourselves).

It not the common mans fault.

And you will feel it worse.

It a shame it you that will fee its l not the politicans that made this mess.

If the Secret servive and all the secrurity round congress went home I think the politican would sing a diffrent tune!
edit on 30-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

crazyewok

beezzer

It not the common mans fault.

And you will feel it worse.

It a shame it you that will feel not the politicans that made this mess.

If the Secret servive and all the secrurity round congress went home I think the politican would sing a diffrent tune!

*cheers*

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All we have left as a society is ourselves as individuals.

All we can do is try to lessen suffering as much as we can for all of us. Whether it’s on any side of the political equation.

That’s why ALL should have access to health care and even though Obamacare is flawed

If it saves one life…

One poor child who is saved from dying who wouldn’t otherwise get a doctor

One old man or woman alone in a room

It’s worth it.

I bid you hard hearted conservatives who always worry about taxes, taxes and taxes. . .

Think with your heart for once…

Let the light in

Compassion and empathy for your fellow human beings will not kill you

It will give you life!

edit on 30-9-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I posted to a similar thread the other day, and so I will repeat much of it here, as it still applies.

Sometimes lately I can’t help but feel that I’m bouncing back and forth between parallel universes, and it’s starting to get a little too cosmic for my taste. Whether I agreed with everything or not, the one I grew up in at least seemed to make sense most of the time. kinda ... Over the past decade, though, more and more things are happening that make absolutely no sense to me. It’s a different world than the one I grew up in. In this universe it’s perfectly acceptable for it’s leaders to blatantly lie to your face. And then do it over and over again until it actually becomes a fact. Here, it seems, the qualities required to be a dynamic and successful leader include greed, a lust for power, the ability to lie and invent facts, refusal to ever negotiate, a distaste for legislating, ignorance of science, a disdain for the needy, and most of all a strong loyalty and commitment to the wealthy, elite class ONLY. Now that’s what I call a recipe for success!

Anyway, the party today going by the name of “Republican Party” is not the same as the one going by the same name 15 or more years ago. The one today is largely supported by the insane constituents of their gerymandered districts; they have no desire to legislate or work in the best interests of the American people. They hold no allegiance to the flag and the country it represents; their loyalties are exclusively to Big Money and to Hell with the rest.

My disgust with them goes far beyond the embarrassment they continually bring upon what was once a well respected country around the world. Considering all the unnecessay, avoidable pain and misery they have intentionally inflicted on our people and this country by their senseless obsession with obstructing ANYTHING-OBAMA, I’ve finally concluded that these people are nothing more than racist, political terrorists and should be lead out of Congress in handcuffs to be tried for political extortion and treason. This country would be out of the recession by now, with a promising outlook, if not for these sociopaths we call leaders. They are intentionally, without regard or remorse, inflicting great pain on our people simply to make Obama look bad. Nothing more and nothing less. It’s frankly shameful and obscene what they are doing to this country.

By the way, doesn’t anyone recall that the Affordable Care Act was originally a Republican idea? For all the bashing it gets, I’ll bet 99.9% of the posters haven’t got the foggiest idea how it works. But, if Fox News says it’s a loser, then I guess it’s a loser, eh?

Bottom line is I’m fed up with these goons and hope they all get fired in 2014. We need to get back to governing and rebuild this country. Now, if anyone cares to direct their spears and arrows my way, go right ahead.

God Bless America...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by netbound

Thanks for one of the finest posts I have read on ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

How can we be individuals when the government forces us to except a product?

How can we be individuals if we can't have a voice?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

thesaneone

How can we be individuals when the government forces us to except a product?

How can we be individuals if we can't have a voice?

You will have less say when your econemy goes head over holy F...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for the negative effect from 17 years ago.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

thesaneone

I'm still waiting for the negative effect from 17 years ago.

17 years ago the would wasnt just getting out of the worst economic down turn since 1929.

Cause we are all in fragile recoverery this could push us back.

Dont fool yourself, the markets will react negativly and the doller will loss confidence! It will happen. 17 years ago you most likley didnt notice as it would have been a short term blip.

But now things are not so stable.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Willtell

Indeed the GOP and Tea Party, the dupes for the Rich, are Political Terrorists and blackmailers.

These are the kind of people who stood up for “states rights” when southern states were lynching black Americans. These are the kind of people who were against child labor laws; unemployment insurance; 40 hour work week; unionization of poor workers. Indeed you name it, the Tea party Republicans are for anything that favors the interest of Koch type millionaires and billionaires. And the funny thing is that because of their innate ignorance they themselves don’t even understand that! Indeed they are the most clueless, backward thinking and immoral human beings on the planet, and the recent attempt to shut down the US government because they are against poor people getting adequate health care is indicative of their mentality.

Boy did you hit the nail on the head, I couldn't agree with you more! Actually, the main reason I quoted this part of you post is just so that people could read it again.

F&S for the OP!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join