It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward: Republicans Are 'Trying To Blackmail' Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

beezzer
People vote.

More people voted for conservatives than liberals in the House.

Hey Beez...you are aware that is factually incorrect?

Conservatives received FEWER votes than Dems in the House...it was the Gerrymandering of districts that allowed the GOP to keep its majority, despite losing the majority vote.

Democrats got 54,301,095 votes while Republicans got 53,822,442.

www.washingtonpost.com...

We should listen to the majority of the people.

Or is this a tyranny now.

Agreed...but you have it backwards (see numbers above) ...the TP minority extremists are the Tyrants attempting a non-violent coup d'état.

edit on 30-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Willtell

You can also say the same thing about Obama, that he is blackmailing the American people with shutdowns, why not postpone obozocare for a while so the government can remain business as usual?

Why can't the dems compromise?
Because they like to screw the American people.

Obamacare good or bad risking the worlds econemy to prove a bloody point is DANGROUS!

But what can we expect from the land of the stupid home of the morons!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Conservatives received FEWER votes than Dems in the House...it was the Gerrymandering of districts that allowed the GOP to keep its majority, despite losing the majority vote.

Go figure you would use that twist on logic! Coming from the party that feels it is okay to vote without proving your actually eligible to vote?

WOW!

I guess when it comes to voting, BOTH parties are guilty of doing whatever it takes to get a VOTE!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Star for you!!!! What a shame that someone from another country can see thru the BS, and we can't!!!!!

Sad day America! Sad day....................

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Aww now.

You *know* that was just a voter turnout anomaly right ?

And you *know* your cute little article was comparing split ticket votes right ?

You *know* that the majority congressional districts have a majority population represented right ?

How many *people* live in each district ?

Please give us THAT count.

I want my nanny !!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

seeker1963

Star for you!!!! What a shame that someone from another country can see thru the BS, and we can't!!!!!

Sad day America! Sad day....................

This is the thing.

This shutdown will have ripple on effects round the world due to the fragile recovery.

Its selfish of the US goverment to risk the world wide econemy on a political point that SHOULD have NOTHING to do with the REST OF THE WORLD!

It like the republicans saying they will nuke the EU if the dont get there own way its stupid!

Have your own little arguments but dont drag the rest of the world into it!

This is why the US doller should be dumped as the world reserve currency. Americans cant be trusted with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

Indigo5: Conservatives received FEWER votes than Dems in the House...it was the Gerrymandering of districts that allowed the GOP to keep its majority, despite losing the majority vote.

Go figure you would use that twist on logic!

Addition is not a "twist on logic"...and that there is the problem with the far rights reality disconnect.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The thing is, why is it that way???? Don't you see it is more than just a Democrat, Republican thing based on one countries political criminal activities????

This is all part of the NWO's plan to initiate their Utopian plan.......

You know what? Your government is just as guilty!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I am sorry...I don't debate with folks who just yesterday argued with me...saying the Stock Market was doing great and wasn't reacting to the potential shut-down.

You take denying reality to brand new levels.

And NO...that wasn't a compliment, though I am sure you will receive it as one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I didn't care either way ... before.

But now that I have read the opening post
and it's shameless parade of name calling,
slander, inflammatory caricatures, and
emotionally charged language I am strongly
against all Democrats, Progressives,
Woodward, and the Huffington post.

Strike that.

I'm not against them.
That implies they are reasonable.
I condemn them all as utterly unredeemable
and the soul poisoned scourge of life on earth.

edit on 30-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Indigo5

I am sorry...I don't debate with folks who just yesterday argued with me...saying the Stock Market was doing great and wasn't reacting to the potential shut-down.

You take denying reality to brand new levels.

And NO...that wasn't a compliment, though I am sure you will receive it as one.

OOOhhh.

In THAT case, I guess i'll give ya the facts.

Here's the *Head Spinning* reality.

Each U.S. Congressional district has equal population ..... right?
By law.... right?
As it says in the (dreaded) U.S. Constitution ... right?

Sooo, it would be logical to assume that if the U.S. House of Representatives has a majority from one party, it might be that the majority actually represents the majority of the population .... right?

MMMM boy almond joy

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So we are stupid and morons, but yet you cry on how much you need us, hmmm how about you just worry about the uk and let us Americans worry about our own!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

beezzer
People vote.

More people voted for conservatives than liberals in the House.

Those representatives are only representing the people that placed them there.

We should listen to the majority of the people.

Or is this a tyranny now.

Never mind and apologies if this is what America has become.

Actually the Democrats received a higher total number of votes than the Republicans in the house. You have to remember that many of the Republicans represent lower population rural areas that tend to vote Republican.

You would be right if you said that the majority of the house represents the most square miles of the United States.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dang OP, you may want to go apply for MSNBC I'm sure they can use some more liberal journalists who think the Republican party is everything wrong with the country and that the democrats can do no wrong. You'd fit right in with those numbskulls.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

thesaneone

So we are stupid and morons, but yet you cry on how much you need us, hmmm how about you just worry about the uk and let us Americans worry about our own!

Yes you are moron because burning you econmey to protest a point its behond stupid! Its bloody reckless!

It not my fault the USA has infritrated every aspect of the world econemy!

Yes I will worry about the UK and to be fair I couldnt care less if the USA has universal healthcare or not!

But I have a problem when its problems needlessly spill over to the UK THEN it becomes my problem!

Fact is you have the worlds reserve currency and control 80% of the worlds trade.
You have a responsibility to keep the econemy stable.

If your going to act like children then maybe the USA should pass the responsiblity of haveing the worlds reverve currency onto to another country. Then you can ruin yourselfs without us outsiders moaning!

Sheesh rednecks have no idea how a reckless descion can affect the rest of the world. You grab all the power then act like fools with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

crazyewok

Sheesh rednecks have no idea how a reckless descion can affect the rest of the world. You grab all the power then act like fools with it.

And how is that different from any other country with excess power since forever? It's not like whatever country we relinquished this responsibility to wouldn't eventually screw things up either.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

God help me...Now you claim that Gerrymandering does not exist???

It's got to be literally damaging to your brain to engage in this kind of reality denial.

Here is how Gerrymandering works..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

crazyewok

And how is that different from any other country with excess power since forever? It's not like whatever country we relinquished this responsibility to wouldn't eventually screw things up either.

Well you can start buy giveing the worlds reserve currency to swizterland.
Least then it will be far more safe.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Dang OP, you may want to go apply for MSNBC I'm sure they can use some more liberal journalists who think the Republican party is everything wrong with the country and that the democrats can do no wrong. You'd fit right in with those numbskulls.

It doesn't have to be an either/or? I peg the GOP as being 80% responsible for everything that is wrong with this country and the Dems at 20%...but after the GOP flame out in the next few months and Dems take the House of Reps, they will quickly screw the pooch and start to hurt the country more.

Unchecked power equals unchecked corruption...good governance comes from the competition of ideas and wise and fruitful compromise.

What we have now is extremists torturing the economy until the rest of government meets their demands.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
dp

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join