It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

enament
reply to post by taoistguy

NOT ONCE DID I EVER SAY WOMEN SHOULD NOT GET THEM. (counts to ten)
You should read through a little.

errr...have I accuesed you? Where?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Excallibacca

I am more talking about the fad lately of getting tattoos. too many copies.I agree with about half what you are saying,but i wouldn't want to see something big on a woman,or something on her face or neck.
It is all perspective I suggest maybe you start a thread entitled Tattoo Girls are Awesome. I would flag it.

I don't have anything against tattoos other than it is a big fad now,people are getting really dumb looking tattoos lately and I'm not attracted to a woman that is covered with them. It is hard to find a girl who doesn't have any.
I do think the Rockabilly style looks pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I sound like a what?....... You judge who I am by a few paragraphs I wouldn't get that mad at you for being attracted to a man with a lot of tattoos.Just like I wouldn't get mad at someone being attracted to the opposite sex. I just don't find it attractive when a women is covered with them.Sorry how you seem so upset but it never bothered me when a girl didn't like me because I grow beards a lot. Or the girl that thought I was too polite and well manured.

Its all perspective. Its not sexists to talk about what I am attracted too.
edit on 1-10-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Lol yea the piercings yea those are out of control too.Some people like them and some people don't.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

taoistguy

enament

OOPS that was a mistake. I don't think I should make any more posts tonight.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Biigs

Personally i like colorful tattoos on women, but then ive not lived with a women that had one so i guess that position could change.

I have.

It was like taking a spin on a Harley into the deepest part of hell.

Not "sort of like" or "kind of like" but EXACTLY like taking a spin on a Harley into the deepest part of hell.

Except not as much fun.

I don't think the tattoos had that much to do with the spin into hell, really, but they seemed to have been an outward expression of an inner darkness, the expression of a dead or dying soul, a thieving conniving cheating malicious sort of evil that one hopes never to encounter, all wrapped up in a pretty wrapper. it's the pretty wrapper that hides the foulness within. it's like bait in a trap. You KNOW you shouldn't step into that trap, but that bait...

[
edit on 2013/10/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To each their own, everyone has likes and dislikes......saying a woman is trashy because she has a tattoo is beyond ignorant imho however. Me personally, I have found woman with and without tattoos very attractive. Some women prefer clean shaven, some don't. Some men prefer blondes and some don't. I actually prefer red hair and brunette myself.

My point is what does it matter? OP I've noticed that you seem to have backed off a lot of your earlier posts assumptions and I do hope it is because you were challenged to think about some of the conclusions you came to and not because you received a lot more backlash than you anticipated and are jumping on the bandwagon to avoid being run over by it. When dealing with people it is what is on the inside that truly matters.....words to live by.

I have no tattoo's of my own, but would love to get a few. I'd like to get something similar to my avatar, and possibly also a gothic themed cross headstone with roses laying at the base of it (currently not financially able to plop down hundreds of dollars for the artwork). What does that say about me or my personality? Damned if I know, but if someone is interested I'm sure they can ask and who knows maybe they would like the person behind the tattoos and not be so quick to dismiss the person I am based on a superficiality.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
OP, I'll say this as nicely as I possibly can. Opinions won't change anything. People are still going to do whatever they want regardless of what you think. Why waste energy worrying about it when it's something you can't change?
edit on 2-10-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have nothing against woman expressing themselves from their hearts, via external personalization by tattoos.

I do have someting against woman/men who tag their bodies with unnecessary ink. Especially the beautiful people, who are stuck in the mentalty of following trends. In the sense that - they only ink themselves for attention and pride.

Pride is a son of a bit*h. It can really ruin someone's true colors, people who can be very beautiful on the inside and outside, but allow the egotisitical-prideful mentality conquer their mind, and they dim their beauty... This mentality influences stupid decisions like large-over-noticeable tattoos or peircings.

I like what you said in the OP "what happened to expressing yourself with a tshirt?". Clothes are an expression of itself. Now people have phones, devices, music, shoes.. To express themselves, their is no need to get caught up in the "im cool, we are cool" mentality (pride/ego) and go and ruin your beautiful body and being..

But when it comes to finding a lover - dont allow tattoos to make up your mind to engage. Love is a natural attraction, not a physical one. That is for those who live in the lower chakras of concsiousness (root/sacral/sola plexus).

Acceptance, embrace, appreciation, gratitutde, signal of self-love, these things are of the higher and center energy points of the human, and this will help you attract the indivdual who suits you energtically.

Unless your a dog looking for a hot body, goodluck with that brother. Otherwise, its best you focus on yourself and do not seek outside of yourself. This is how natural love is attracted.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Darkphoenix77
To each their own, everyone has likes and dislikes......saying a woman is trashy because she has a tattoo is beyond ignorant imho however. Me personally, I have found woman with and without tattoos very attractive. Some women prefer clean shaven, some don't. Some men prefer blondes and some don't. I actually prefer red hair and brunette myself.

My point is what does it matter? OP I've noticed that you seem to have backed off a lot of your earlier posts assumptions and I do hope it is because you were challenged to think about some of the conclusions you came to and not because you received a lot more backlash than you anticipated and are jumping on the bandwagon to avoid being run over by it. When dealing with people it is what is on the inside that truly matters.....words to live by.

I have no tattoo's of my own, but would love to get a few. I'd like to get something similar to my avatar, and possibly also a gothic themed cross headstone with roses laying at the base of it (currently not financially able to plop down hundreds of dollars for the artwork). What does that say about me or my personality? Damned if I know, but if someone is interested I'm sure they can ask and who knows maybe they would like the person behind the tattoos and not be so quick to dismiss the person I am based on a superficiality.

Backed off no,I'm just getting tired of repeating myself saying the same thing over and over. Although some people have heaped me to define what it is I don't like about them.
The reaction was way more harsh from some members than I expected,I think I would have gotten the same reaction If I started a thread insulting GOD. something I would never do but I am sure I would have the same reaction,I mean people hate me for what I find attractive.Its kind of ridiculous really I don't get that mad if someone doesn't like the color blue, or if someone finds a gender of the same sex attractive. I have found it discriminating.
edit on 2-10-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I know but someone always has to go against the grain and that person is usually me.So many people who say they like them,so whats wrong with me saying I don't

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Unity_99
In a world that is hellzone material: war, poverty, slavery, forced work for the most corrupt evil corporations in the universe, where nearly all their acts are acts of war against civilians, being nuked every day by them, poisoned every day by them, made to die in agony from cancers, every day by them, and restricted from use of the land and resources of your own planet, where women and children are treated less than cattle in many countries, with horrendous and barbaric customs of laws existing, in this day and age......to even have the gall to think you should have a say in what someone expresses on their own body, with their own sovereignity is a tad mind blowing in its absurdity.

I don't like tattoos on men, but it depends on the man and the tattoo. It isn't the biggest thing on my list, I'd have to say his world views are, and selfish/selfless ratio.

Anyway....grow up.

Well said sister! With a little firey colours

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

I have been finding people seem to be getting more and more superficial. I like how you wrote your reply I agree with every thing you said for the most part.The thing that I find annoying is the way some people would say "I am getting A tattoo " in much the same way someone would say " hey I am going to go and get a loaf of bread " I mean thats how much thought SOME people put into getting a tattoo.

I can appreciate some people planning it for weeks months or years. I know a fella that would design a tattoo and would think about where he wanted it long and hard, and then would get it air brushed on to try it on so he could see if he liked it and it was a good match with his other work. I thought that was neat how he would put that kind of effort in to making a decision. Some people put things together on them that don't match. Like " yeah put that demon face next to my tattoo of the Eiffel tower no no not there thats too close to mickey mouse and the wolverine." Those are my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

enament
reply to post by Xaphan

I know but someone always has to go against the grain and that person is usually me.So many people who say they like them,so whats wrong with me saying I don't

Nothing wrong with saying you don't like them. But you did make ceertain statements about women having them. OK to say you don't like them on women, but you seemed to make over the top bigotted judgements about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

taoistguy

enament
reply to post by Xaphan

Nothing wrong with saying you don't like them. But you did make ceertain statements about women having them. OK to say you don't like them on women, but you seemed to make over the top bigotted judgements about it.

Would saying I like brunettes be bigoted?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Metallicus
I couldn't agree more. Tattoos on women look trashy and detract from their natural beauty.

I know I wouldn't want to be with a woman with tattoos either.

My wife has 2 small ones when I met her, almost ruined it. She inside regrets them, I could see it when I told her what they meant. The one on her lower back is for hookers and strippers. and is called a "tramp stamp". Then I grilled her on of she was ever a stripper or hooker (same thing in my book).

If I could choose between her and her without them I would. I even had the money then to have them removed, she refused.

Then 5 years ago she got this ugly hideous tattoo on the back of her calf, I HATE IT.. still getting completely furious over it.

To me, woman with tattoos either:
a. gotten around
b. sex industry worker
c. inmate
d. easy to get with
e. cheap date
f. first date score

that is what they say to many men.. me included. My daughters ever get one, I WILL get it taken off ASAP.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

taoistguy

enament

emotions running high on this thread? with me also. I avoided this topic for that very reason, until this morn..

I am so angry over women (my wife) and her "ink. one is her own name small on her chest(17 and stupid) and the other on her lower back.(again 17 and stupid). dragon on calf (idk what she was thinking I begged her not to, almost caused a divorce)

Women have issues with appearance. And when a woman gets a tattoo she will become mortified one day if she thinks it makes her look ugly. That is the anger mostly from women with them. They inside deep regret getting them because they do become ugly over time.
Imagine a woman that gets a guys name tattooed on her, then the next guy's name MUST go too right?
I mean what guy would want to look at some other dude's name on his girl..

fast forward 5-10 years.. the girl could have only been with 3 guys, but having 3 names on her body.. Instantly people will see a "whore".. and this girl then only attracts biker pimps who beat her and "share her around"

yeah, women tattoos look great.. on POPEYE and The Rock

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Check the calendar, it is not 1942 anymore......

To me, woman with tattoos either:
a. gotten around
b. sex industry worker
c. inmate
d. easy to get with
e. cheap date
f. first date score

stereotype much?

edit on 2-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

emotions running high on this thread? with me also. I avoided this topic for that very reason, until this morn..

I am so angry over women (my wife) and her "ink. one is her own name small on her chest(17 and stupid) and the other on her lower back.(again 17 and stupid). dragon on calf (idk what she was thinking I begged her not to, almost caused a divorce)

People can make decisions they regret without being "stupid", and if her getting a tattoo almost caused a divorce maybe it would have been for the best. That it came to that, says a lot about your hangups and prejudices.

Women have issues with appearance. And when a woman gets a tattoo she will become mortified one day if she thinks it makes her look ugly. That is the anger mostly from women with them. They inside deep regret getting them because they do become ugly over time.
Imagine a woman that gets a guys name tattooed on her, then the next guy's name MUST go too right?
I mean what guy would want to look at some other dude's name on his girl..

fast forward 5-10 years.. the girl could have only been with 3 guys, but having 3 names on her body.. Instantly people will see a "whore".. and this girl then only attracts biker pimps who beat her and "share her around"

Maybe I am alone in this but this would not be a dealbreaker. So what? It says to me that she has made mistakes with people she has been intimate with. You think that you are the only one she has ever been with? Grow up! Most women are not innocent flowers that save themselves so they can be picked by guys with mindsets like yours. I hear tattoo's can be removed and/or covered up these days, amazing I KNOW right??

yeah, women tattoos look great.. on POPEYE and The Rock

An opinion, you are entitled to, don't be surprised if many do not share it however.....

edit on 2-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: I will get the quotes correct eventually.....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

You are missing my point. When men view women a certain way they become compromised. Either at greater risk to be assaulted, exploited, abused, by a predator or dirtbag boyfriend. And also viewed as lesser than by many, like a jury (if ever a rape victim), a detective (if filing a complaint as a victim), an employer, etc..

I have unfortunately seen the absolute worst humanity has to offer.

every girl/victim had the "tramp stamp".

peircings and/or tattoos, and being dumb was what got these girls "hired" to "work abroad".

There is a term we used to have for our families.. 'fit the description'.. it is how we patrolled and chose our search candidates (no warrants needed for us). What do YOU fit the description as? is what I would tell my oldest daughter to ask herself before leaving the house.

I don't want those precious females I love to 'fit the description' of something viewed lesser than by anyone

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join