It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Demonstrates How To Deal With Open Carry Advocates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

lynxpilot

You're not in the US, right?

Hope not.

Depends on the week.
Why do you hope not?

(post by 1104light removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

727Sky

Only someone so ill informed could post such statements as yours

None of that violates your right to bear arms. Sounds like you are reaching way to hard. Are you telling me people in California are not allowed to have guns?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by 727Sky

I personally think a particular someone is just trolling, instead of making those statements out of ignorance or curiosity.

Don't feed the trolls!

A certain someone?
Please tell me why my questions are trollish and not valid?
I guess you think everyone on ATS is an American cowboy wannabe?
Sorry but I am just someone that thinks differently and does not understand all the lies Americans toss against each other. If my questions are invalid, then no one will reply to them. Looks to me like a lot of people replied to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

riffraff
That's right. Lets bash the gays and the gun owners all in one fell swoop.

I bashed gays?
When did that happen?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A friendly reminder...

Please remember that civil discourse is the hallmark of ATS. You can banter and debate the finer points of this issue, but the moment you guys start attacking one another, expect your posts to be removed.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In my experience OP, there is quite a difference between Sheriff Deputies and Police. Perhaps it's because many if not most Sheriff's Offices start rookies out with the humbling experience of working the Jail for 6+ months before 'upgrading' to trainee in street patrol. I think that does make for a different cop. Some better, some worse...but definitely different.

Of course, Sheriffs were also the ones I didn't pay much attention to for speed in the truck too. That colors my opinion...lol. Sheriff's don't work traffic unless provoked or on some crusade, as a general rule.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks OP for a great post and vid. It just shows that somebody can maintain a presence to enforce the law around people who exercise first and second amendment rights and there's no conflict. This holds especially true now, with the assault on gun ownership by federal and state governments. After all, the amendment says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". Since we now have the BATFE, FFA, and no end of restrictions on gun ownership, which any simpleton could easily see is an infringement on second amendment rights, it's great to see a law enforcement officer recognize those rights and not get all bent out of shape.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

727Sky
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

What some people call gun grabbing, other people call law enforcement. For instance, you can't have a gun in California. if you are a felon, have a restraining order, etc.

527.9. (a) A person subject to a temporary restraining order or injunction issued pursuant to Section 527.6, 527.8, or 527.85 or subject to a restraining order issued pursuant to Section 136.2 of the Penal Code, or Section 15657.03 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, shall relinquish the firearm pursuant to this section.

Contrast this with Iowa, where the blind and sex offenders can own guns, or in Louisiana, where convicted felons can own gun upon release.

Call me crazy, but a bit more than a pulse should be required to own a gun. With rights comes responsibilities.

edit on Sun Sep 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
History repeats my friends and if there is one thing that America admired the most about the Nazis is their ability to corral and control a populace. Guess what, they took notes.

Don't think for a minute that this can't happen to us,

Because it can

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How to deal with?

The dude was just talking to them. They were having a conversation. Why did they need to be dealt with? What was there to deal with?

Just very weird, and maybe almost baiting, phraseology and perspective.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Most definitely baiting. Same source, different name.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh friggin totally awesome display of truth for once...
I'm really glad to see that sherriff.......I mean Sherriff......how honorable.....I enjoyed hearing how the Sherriffs came from the constitution!!

edit on 21-9-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've seen those guys in person - Used to pass them all the time when I actually lived in the area. Didn't know what they were protesting at the time, so I usually "commenced eyeroll", and ignored them completely. My problem with them wasn't from the fact that they were protesting, but on multiple occasions, they were using kids to wave that flag with the snake on it. I'm all for letting kids protest, but not when they are in grade school (aka, Under 6th grade). I'd be surprised if they actually knew what the protest they were in stood for (if they understand why they are doing it, then I guess it would be okay too).

After watching the video, if I ever see them again, at least I won't consider them twits like I did the previous times. Congrats to the Sheriff, as this could have turned into an anti-constitutional/anti-police video if he didn't handle it so nicely.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

The "snake flag" is the Gadsden flag, once honorable, now a symbol of tea baggers. They might as well hold up a sign that reads "no intelligent life here."

flag

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...
The title of the article I posted which was deleted was:
California’s great gun grab: State’s sweeping gun control bills target firearms, ammo — and hunting

Among the dozen gun-control bills sitting on California Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk are measures that would outlaw lead ammunition for hunting as well as common types of hunting rifles under the umbrella of an assault-weapons ban. Taken together, the measures go far beyond the efforts that have inspired a sharp backlash and political battles in states such as Connecticut and Colorado.

“If [Gov. Brown] does sign them, I think that we’re going to see an outcry brewing,” said Mr. Jones. “These are hard-working families, a lot of whom happen to be union, and they’re hunters, they’re sportsmen, they’re honest, law-abiding gun owners who feel like their Second Amendment rights are being attacked. And they don’t like it.”

Which was posted in response to something like "no one is coming for your guns".... They don't have to come when a simple law works just fine because most legal gun owners in America are "LAW ABIDING" citizens...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

1104light

727Sky

Only someone so ill informed could post such statements as yours

None of that violates your right to bear arms. Sounds like you are reaching way to hard. Are you telling me people in California are not allowed to have guns?

Seriously, stop your trolling.

If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!
-Feinstein

edit on 21-9-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join