It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Its a they, they are at war!

They have split factions and Leaders.

I swear Allegiance to the Alien that can kick all the other Aliens arses!!

I didn't side with the one that rules Earth! He's the one that twisted the truth all up like it is!

Pick sides soon, you don't want to be left in the middle of that!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
As the saying goes...

Proof is in the pudding!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

You're still not making sense. What difference does it make what alien can kick all the other aliens arses if it's all just a simulation?

As the saying goes...

Proof is in the pudding!!

You have not provided any pudding.
edit on 19-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

lol!

Well, If you ran a cool simulation, wouldn't you want to play too?

We are like them!!

Monkey see Monkey do!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Get some rest and come back when/if you have something to add to the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If your interested in seeing what some of the species of Aliens look like. Check out the Black Obelisk from Babylonia and older. Akkadian, Sumerian, Ur, Ninevah Areas

It is cut from Obsidian, so every mark on the thing is carefuly planned, and somehow they cut it so beautifully.

It clearly depicts Men that can stand over an Asian elephant. These tall Men also had pets that resembled Dogs, but had faces like Humans, really eerie, but it makes me think of the Sphinx!!

And then when you start thinking Sphinx, you might drift off into Cherubim, and then Lamassu, and then eventually this train of thought might lead you straight to Ezekials flying wheel in the bible and those cherubim Guardians!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: planed to planned

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

daskakik

Get some rest and come back when/if you have something to add to the thread.

That was mean!

Why would you shooh me away, Am I inflicting change in your heart??

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Yeah... I got carried away...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

No, your just offtopic.

That is poor netiquette.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
** ATTENTION ALL **

Can we please get back to the actual topic at hand.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by solomons path

Here is one
Mark Armitage, fired for his paper published on Dinosaur soft tissue, from guess where?? The biggest brainwashing center of all, California!!
Here is his paper you can glance through the clip notes and pics.

www.sciencedirect.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Apparently they expelled him for it!

Buck the system, get expelled!

You do know Einstein believed or perceived the Universe was Gods thoughts right? God was always a variable for him! A Constant!

Bakker has to play it safe, or this happens!!

Keep believing the Matrix, see how far it gets you!

Truth...the fact is, there is none...Only the Simulation is true!!

Well . . . I don't know anyone, personally, at CSUN, so I can't reach out to inquire about him. However, I find it odd that the only mention of him being "fired" is at Christian websites and godlikeproductions and several are speculating at the reason or say "possibly". I don't see anything from the horse's mouth (Armitage) making that claim and nothing from CSUN. While he is no longer on the faculty list, there are many reasons that he could have been let go or not retained . . . so, unless you can provide something other than creationist blogs and message boards . . . I'm going to say there is no evidence to back up that claim. The original claim came from the site Logos, which is a group of YEC Scientists, and they provide no evidence for their claim or a statement from Armitage.

I've also already found a major discrepancy to this claim . . . He is not the first or only paleontologist/biologist to find soft tissue in fossilized bone. Many have found collogen and other fiberous material. Why is this important? Because, although others dispute what the soft tissue is or where it originates from . . . none of these other paleontologists/biologists have lost their position.

If you contention was correct . . . shouldn't they all be silenced, not just this lone biologist that was let go just prior to the start of the new semester?

Why is nobody silencing:
Dr Mary Schweitzer
www.meas.ncsu.edu...

In fact, she even had a article done by the Smithsonian about her find:

It was big news indeed last year when Schweitzer announced she had discovered blood vessels and structures that looked like whole cells inside that T. rex bone—the first observation of its kind. The finding amazed colleagues, who had never imagined that even a trace of still-soft dinosaur tissue could survive. After all, as any textbook will tell you, when an animal dies, soft tissues such as blood vessels, muscle and skin decay and disappear over time, while hard tissues like bone may gradually acquire minerals from the environment and become fossils. Schweitzer, one of the first scientists to use the tools of modern cell biology to study dinosaurs, has upended the conventional wisdom by showing that some rock-hard fossils tens of millions of years old may have remnants of soft tissues hidden away in their interiors. “The reason it hasn’t been discovered before is no right-thinking paleontologist would do what Mary did with her specimens. We don’t go to all this effort to dig this stuff out of the ground to then destroy it in acid,” says dinosaur paleontologist Thomas Holtz Jr., of the University of Maryland. “It’s great science.” The observations could shed new light on how dinosaurs evolved and how their muscles and blood vessels worked. And the new findings might help settle a long-running debate about whether dinosaurs were warmblooded, coldblooded—or both.

Smithsonian Mag - 2006

In fact, it even mentions in the article about YEC hijacking her find to claim validity for their movement:

Meanwhile, Schweitzer’s research has been hijacked by “young earth” creationists, who insist that dinosaur soft tissue couldn’t possibly survive millions of years. They claim her discoveries support their belief, based on their interpretation of Genesis, that the earth is only a few thousand years old. Of course, it’s not unusual for a paleontologist to differ with creationists. But when creationists misrepresent Schweitzer’s data, she takes it personally: she describes herself as “a complete and total Christian.” On a shelf in her office is a plaque bearing an Old Testament verse: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

So, unless you can produce something from Armitage or something that has not originated from Logos . . . I'm calling BS, just like all of the scientists talked about in Expelled. All of which were let go from their positions for totally benign reasons and still work (at various levels) in their chosen field (hardly "silenced" or blackballed).

And, chalking this up to another example of the dishonest tactic of claiming someone was "fired" for their beliefs without any proof to back it up.
edit on 9/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well let me clarify my actions

I was showing the OP, or trying to, that there are "good" creationists out there! He is saying creationists are bad in General.

I was trying to show OP, that Evolution is a major part of the Genesis story along with DNA manipulation as historical documentation and how it corresponded to some interesting scientific facts.

I was trying to show or tell the OP that a creationist can also be a evolutionist at the same time! It doesn't contradict itself if a person carefully looks through the looking glass!

Through the looking glass you can see things a little different and maybe get a better understanding!

The Title of the Thread is:
Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion

In any of my posts, have I been dishonest, or contested Evolution? I actually agreed with Evolution and that it was a result of Programming not natural selection or accident or coincidence.

Cuz, we all know nothing is a coincidence in the matrix!! Right?

When I think origins and Creation, that's what I think

Did the Author of the thread or the peopel of this forum believe a creationist never existed that could believe in evolution and aliens at same time??

If I trespassed on anyone, I dearly apologize.

Next time, I'll leave the discussion of men from other Worlds, for Sunday School and other forums. I am so sorry..

I will visit other threads and leave you all to your quarrel!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The OP wasn't putting out an ad, looking for "honest" creationists, or stating "all creationists" are dishonest.

The OP is discussing the dishonest tactics creationists use to try to discredit evolutionary theory, as opposed to proving their claims.
edit on 9/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

One last thing for you solomons,

Well here is Mary here, with her own words..

She speaks of Fear, Ridicule and attacks for her accidental dicovery!!

Video of Mary on 60 minutes
Video Title: scientific community attack and deny dinosaur soft tissue and bloo

Adding:
Don't ever think for a second the academic community isn't a religion! It is.

This woman hurt their belief system and now they have to update their belief system or fall behind!!

Thats how science works! Hurting Belief Systems!!

When I say what I said to you all, to pastors and preachers, do you think I get good responses??
No, They look at me like I'm possessed!

Peace, heading off to other threads like you all want!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added description title to video

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: removed a sarcastic line regarding forum discipline

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Yes . . . she had critics initially. However, she has replicated her findings and many of her critics have been swayed (even according to the video you posted). She is not currently experiencing "ridicule" or being "silenced". The Smithsonian has ran articles, which if there was a "conspiracy" . . . Why would they publish articles about her findings? Why wasn't she "expelled" from her position. It is evidence that goes against this conspiracy. It's openly discussed in the scientific community, which is exactly the opposite of your claims.

They have also found mummified soft tissue (skin, ligaments, etc.) on a fossilized Hadrosaur.
Dakota

These finds are the very thing that advances scientific knowledge. Just because they are criticized at first means nothing, if the finds can stand up to the criticism . . . they are accepted. Her findings have been accepted, she didn't lose her position, and she is still in good standing within the scientific community.

Meanwhile, the creationist community wants her to proclaim this somehow disproves evolution or proves creationism and has attacked her at a much greater rate than the skeptics within the scientific community:

To Schweitzer, trying to prove your religious beliefs through empirical evidence is absurd, if not sacrilegious. "If God is who He says He is, He doesn't need us to twist and contort scientific data," she says. "The thing that's most important to God is our faith. Therefore, He's not going to allow Himself to be proven by scientific methodologies."

Some creationists, noting Schweitzer's evangelical faith, have tried to pressure her into siding with them. "It is high time that the 'Scientific' community comes clean: meaning that the public is going to hold them ACCOUNTABLE when they find out that they have been misled," reads a recent e-mail message Schweitzer received. She has received dozens of similar notes, a few of them outright menacing.

These religious attacks wound her far more than the scientific ones. "It rips my guts out," she says. "These people are claiming to represent the Christ that I love. They're not doing a very good job. It's no wonder that a lot of my colleagues are atheists." She told one zealot, "You know, if the only picture of Christ I had was your attitude towards me, I'd run."

Discover Magazine

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

flyingfish
Creationism constantly denies the real world. It has to, since the real world offers it absolutely no support. Doesn't that tell you something?

I'll Leave you with a Riddle...

Is it,
Creationism denies the real world?

or is it,
The simulation denies creationism?

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: reworded riddle

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: put some paragraph returns in

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: just right now

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

well im sorry if i believe in looking for the truth...

its all well and good saying its great that people can believe what they want, but its not that, its that they...the creationists and even the religious...try to control the society based on their irrational dangerous beliefs. they even try to legislate based on their nonsense...just look at the 23 bishops in the british house of lords (essentially 23 unelected white men with political power).

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

she was in a documentary with the bbc, it suggested she may soon have mapped the genome of a dinosaur, far from ridicule.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

robin22391

she was in a documentary with the bbc, it suggested she may soon have mapped the genome of a dinosaur, far from ridicule.

Great additional info . . . They are trying so hard to silence her findings that documentaries are being produced for mass media. I wish I received BBC channels in America. They produce many great programs that are never seen in this country.

Armitage's findings are no different, as he has found osteoplasts in triceratops fossils.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join