It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the friggin point anymore??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In my never ending quest to find the good in humanity, I attempt to post threads about the better side of humanity, maybe wake one person up, and help his fellow man, maybe pay it forward, hope others catch on.
I see this is a moot issue, there is always a troll or idiot that HAS to post something negative about whatever it is I am posting about, either blatantly or covertly.
I dont think there IS a good side to humanity anymore. I think we are doomed. Man just cant accept a good thing when he sees it. He HAS to find the negative in EVERYTHING.
Til man pulls his head out of his ass and wakes up, I think our days are numbered.
Hope the next species does better

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Was it me again? I didn't mean it. I dunno.

But I did download Planetside 2, looks good !

Maybe we can go kill all them blokes.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Mattherson server, Terran republic
Are you a US veteran? I can hook you up with my group, Militarygamers

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you give up, if you submit to this kind of mentality, you, in essence, become what you despise.

PLEASE don't allow this to happen, we have more than enough of those that you're talking about.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing" -Burke

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by winofiend

Mattherson server, Terran republic
Are you a US veteran? I can hook you up with my group, Militarygamers

Ahh no, I'm Aussie, so I've yet to really get stuck into it and check out how much lag I can expect, and wouldn't dare ask to be part of a Veterans squad. I have no military backgound, only respect.

But I'll keep an eye out!

I said the same thing the other day, that we're doomed. And the lady I was talking to said no we're not, you're all here. (doing a community services work course). Reminded me that at least "WE" aren't doomed.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
But Homer, how many good replies do you get, compared to trolls?
If it is even one troll, per two good ones, those are still good odds, right?

Don't give up!!!
BTW, Hubby and I just did a solid for a stranger the other day, and all we said was "help someone else next time."
So we are out here!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't believe that. I understand your point & agree that on Forums like this the comments can lead you to believe that to be the case. Here is an Example... I live in the Bronx N.Y.C & go to work in Manhattan. Everyday I deal with every type of person in regards to Race, Religion, Political Beliefs, ect. 90% of co-workers, or just people I come across are Nice. I get along with almost everyone & see the same all around me. Then when I get home & turn on the news or get on the internet I am reminded by media that those people actually Hate me. The media & HollyWood love to pit people against each other for Political reasons. They create an atmosphere of Hate, were there was no hate before. Or they try to reinforce that this religion or this race is the reason for my Problems. Or a certain way of thinking is bringing down my country, a certain class of people are trying to oppress me. Ect..Ect.. If I based my opinion of people from Direct interactions I would say we are All getting along O.K ... After an Hour on any form of Media, Social network, or T.V, my opinion changes & I start thinking of Individuals in a stereotypical way. I believe all forms of T.V especially ones who push "Social Messages" are forms of Instigators, brain Washers, & Hate mongers. Even thou they Hide the message as a gift to humanity in the form of knowledge, it is clear what the intentions are.

Don't Give Up Hope in your fellow Individual Man..

Don't allow their Universal Divide & Conquer strategy to change who you are.

link   

There is always good, we may just have to look harder for it nowadays.
There are a lot of people who feed on the negative and want to perpetuate it, there always has been. It is all the more reason to keep trying.

Trust me turning into a hermit doesn't even help. You seem to be a great person who does truly care. From reading many of your posts over the years, I see that you love your son very much. If there is a point then he is it. Be that shining light for him, if for nobody else.

Please don't just give up hope. The more good people who do that, the worse off everyone is.
I hope you have an excellent day HomerinNC.

link   

schadenfreude
If you give up, if you submit to this kind of mentality, you, in essence, become what you despise.

PLEASE don't allow this to happen, we have more than enough of those that you're talking about.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing" -Burke

well said ...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You won't find the good in humanity by accessing the internet.
-Or on TV

You have to go look for it amongst your friends,family, and community.

It's there, not here, I promise

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

oh stfu
just because people disagree with you dosent make them trolls
are we all supposed to just blindly agree if you post crap
grow a pair.and listen to different opinions without calling them trolls
ignorance is bliss

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think I hear you. I was going to write a rant earlier today and was going to title it, "Walls talking to Walls."

Sometimes I feel like this.

But I realized that while I may wish to beat some sense into somebody, they probably feel the same way about me.

Never give up though. If you can bring someone out of their comatose vision of life and awake them to the reality of it. It's all good.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would love for humanity to get nice.

But if you post something 'nice' and I find it, and was having bad day / week / month, I might not feel like writing on your thread ''aww that's nice etc''.

ETA I didn't comment on any of your recent threads!

Sometimes people are too pissed at other people to go writing ''lovely, isn't humanity awesome''.

No offence but sometimes I read thread titles and think ''yep seen it on facebook last year (the soldier homecoming thing)'' or ''read it in the news last week'' or just plain ''who gives a s***( my friends cat lost a toy,advice please, sort of threads)'' or ''OMG major earthquake due (there wasn't)'' or ''strange thing showed on my photo (dust, plane)'' or ''yet another crappy youtube video of fake aliens'' to even think of replying.

Also, when you consider the bigger picture of how humanity communicates these days, you have to allow for an increase in cynicism for those that find certain aspects of it despicable, and certain amounts of disregard for non essential information.

For example, everyday my facebook home page gets status updates from all sorts of people, sometimes it's nice or interesting or funny but perhaps 80% is the kind of thing that makes me think far less of humanity, things like ''look at me aren't I beautiful /cute /funny / kooky /cool /avante garde / alternative / arty / naughty but nice / sexy / a la mode / trendy etc'' that really makes me think otherwise of them. Most of the time it translates as the worst sort of atttention seeking.

In addition I get all sorts of Tweets and facebook messages from reputable companies selling nice things and various Science agencies with their latest information, which is often really good to know.

So in summation, there is a whole load of information bombardment happening to most people most of the time, some choose the crasser side of humanity, some choose truth, innovation, things that matter,basically sorting information wheat from the chaff is essential, and given time constraints of modern life, who has the time for just sitting around reading everything. I know I don't.

If you want to blame anyone you could blame all the irresponsible posts on sites all round the internet, because they are putting a lot of nonsense that needn't be there. If there were some kind of automatic star system for net posts it would be great.

Maybe all the teenagers that just left school found ATS and the internet or something.

I have a busy life and many things to sort and do, I try to keep ATS time worthwhile and sometimes might look at chitchat pages but mostly the interesting stuff, news, science, conspiracy, aliens etc and sometimes those are hard going, too much politics, griping and nonsense to bother to open the threads.

ATS has become somewhere I am more wary of opening threads, I have to judge by the title and a few replies to see if it is interesting to me.

But, I am all for humanity becoming nicer, kinder, less selfish, less motivated by evil and greed.
edit on 12-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

HomerinNC
In my never ending quest to find the good in humanity, I attempt to post threads about the better side of humanity, maybe wake one person up, and help his fellow man, maybe pay it forward, hope others catch on.
I see this is a moot issue, there is always a troll or idiot that HAS to post something negative about whatever it is I am posting about, either blatantly or covertly.
I dont think there IS a good side to humanity anymore. I think we are doomed. Man just cant accept a good thing when he sees it. He HAS to find the negative in EVERYTHING.
Til man pulls his head out of his ass and wakes up, I think our days are numbered.

Would you value the opportunity to overcome if you realized that being in the positive minority is the point of it all? Light is brightest at the farthest side of darkness. You can't know bliss unless you first know the opposite. This is how we learn to value what comes next.

Edgar Allen Poe:

"All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure, in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven."

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We are negative for a reason.

Many have been failed by the systems we have to ensure that we arnt failed.

We are lied to daily by people chasing obligations to regimes that threaten to hurt them and profits that make our worrys silent to their well paid ears.

This is the steady decent into a global collapse.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I've seen some of your posts, and they have helped give me a little bit of hope when things looked extremely bleak. I'm only one person, but maybe there are more here on ATS?

Unfortunately the small stories about kindness in the world tend to go unnoticed. You see it in the MSM too. For whatever reason we are more fascinated with the train wreck on the side of the road than with the young man helping the old lady with her groceries on the other. Sometimes I think this is because the good stories shed a certain degree of light on us, personally. It highlights our own weakness subconsciously, and reminds us that we could be doing more. In a way, the light can often expose our own inner failings, and we subconsciously avoid that feeling because as human beings we are naturally prideful and like to think highly of ourselves instead of being humble and asking ourselves how we could be taking similar positive actions. Humility is a very tough pill to swallow, no matter how sweet the medicine.

I sort of came to the depressing realization last evening while I was trying to sleep (unsuccessfully), that humanity has changed very little in thousands of years. While we have more gadgets, our propensity for war and greed and all the nasty things still remains within us. There has never really been an age where war or fear didn't rule somewhere. But at the same time, there has always been that small, quiet, persistent and loving aspect with us. The kind acts that go unrecognized, the huge efforts at forgiveness and compassion that go unpublished, and the quiet words of encouragement that do not make headlines.

Evil is boisterous because it has to be

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Oh now just cut that out!

Humanity = Good
Friends, Lovers, Family = Good

Greedy, Self Serving, 1% Elites = Bad!

Yeah there are a few rotten apples on our tree, but the tree could be healthy if it was just pruned properly!
edit on 12-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

My 'point'.

I wake up every morning just to figure out a way to piss you off.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Homer,

You can surround yourself in light and the darkness is still there. It's always been there. And will always be there.

I appreciate your posts. And your "good nature" it does not go unnoticed.

Who said it??? I'll thump'm.... I'll bop'm.... Point me in the direction~!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry someone was mean
I agree with you though. We're a despicable species. And the reason those people respond to your threads the way they do is because they are miserable, reprehensible people who obtain their joy from causing discomfort to others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join