It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm having some problems with 'favorite forums' on the myATS page. I had 3 grandfathered in and when I looked today two were duplicates so I tried to X one of the doubles out and figured I'd just add the missing forum back. Well, it seems to have removed the 3rd forum and I still have the double. Decided to wait before doing any more of that and tried to add the missing two back and that doesn't work either. XP/FF
thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

has anyone reported that all the user "registered" dates are messed up?

i see that on all users.
i use that date to see if the member is a new shill just out to promote their own agenda..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
my mail icon has disappeared....so no access to private messages or accessing replies....yes, i've checked under the little arrow...not there, either. Poof.

this is serious, truly...
Also, I notice when i post in certain threads, I can see the number of stars I get, which I only look at it cause it informs me as to how many are reading my posts....., sometimes, and other times, not at all, for a day or two.. What's up with that? It's like I'm not really sure my reply or post was truly visible for all to see, as I can see no visible reaction to that post....
hmmmm
tetra

edit on 11-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

Okay, i found my messages.....but i have a suggestion....as to the usersership of the site: how ahout some way to link from your messages directly to threads where you have a reply specifically to your last post in a thread. Just a warranted idea.....as this is what most of us are prob trying to access said messages to see and do, after all... maybe, tho, there isnt a way to do that...
tetra
edit on 11-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Im still having real difficulty with the fonts within the threads. Now Im writing this it looks ok. (editing). When in the threads themselves they are slightly darker and harder to read. If they were the same as they are when editing / replying.......it would be fantastic.

It looks like they are very basic and there are light / dark spots within the letters themselves. I get this on my netbook and PC. In both Windows 8 and openSUSE.

It is the same in the light and Dark theme. I know this has come up many times but I have seen no response from the ATS team regarding this. I know some people do not have this problem but some of us do so is there any chance we could have some kind of option to increase the font size only, or the fonts themselves within the threads (not increasing the whole page though as even more scrolling would be involved)? Of better still improve the contrast between the fonts and background?

I tried a screenshot but the fonts are hardly distinguishable in the picture, so not much use there im afraid.

Now some of the initial bugs have been ironed out and the live feature implemented. Im finding this much better. Still prefered the old one but I think that was because I had no problems reading that. You are getting there ATS. I have been very critical of this up until now and felt some very important issues were not being addressed. Just the font issue to sort for me. I still cant handle much time reading ATS at the moment. Cant be hard improving the contrast / fonts can it??? I honestly wouldn't think so but im not a web developer.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
My messages icon has disappeared!?

It was there 12 hours ago ... Is everyone else's still up?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

eletheia

My messages icon has disappeared!?

It was there 12 hours ago ... Is everyone else's still up?

Yep, mines gone too.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
This is a VERY significant one which happens with FIREFOX.

At the bottom you have a "Viewport" and "Document" variable.

When the "viewport" is less than 880px, the "document" is 1280pix.

When the viewport is MORE than 880px (up until 1262px), the document SHRINKS. (It should not, it should also increase)

In other words: Having a 1680 monitor your document size for me is equal to 1024 resolution. The visible text area is BIGGER when shrinking the horiz. screen in firefox as compared to reading normally with a viewport of say, 1100.

Just make the window very small, then gradually expand the window horizontally and watch how the "document" value changes: 1280 ..... 1024 ..... 1360 etc. ...which explains why the textarea is so very small.
edit on 22013RuTuesdayAmerica/Chicago55PMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

Here is a demonstration what I mean:

Note that Pic 2 is the "normal" view. Compare to 1 (Browser window made smaller, but text box is BIGGER)
edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10AMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just a little confused, but why is a beer stein a symbol for "live"?

How are these two synonymous?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I wondered if it was a fire hose?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Been getting a lot of 503 and 504 errors this morning, just for ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Quoted text is almost impossible to read on a smaller screen. See above for example. Normal text is hard enough too.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

eriktheawful
Been getting a lot of 503 and 504 errors this morning, just for ATS.

Noticed that too. On 1 computer it was ok, on the other using Opera we couldn't get onto ATS. Message stating ATS servers did not respond in time to the request. Yet other sites were loading ok.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There used to be a small envelope that would "light up" when you had a message. Since it is gone, what is the message indicator?

When typing a reply, my word count is 7500. No matter what I type, that counter never moves, shoing I still have 7500 words left to use.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
On my Samsung Galaxy phone the drop down navigation works on the home page but on any other page it changes shape and I can't press "Recent". Trying to press "Recent" always results in a press on an ad banner.

It has been pretty terrible trying to read ATS on my Galaxy. Slow, jumpy, and it's luck of the draw whether or not I can hit a link.

I either give up or the browser crashes. I should add I've tried the standard droid browser, mobile Chrome and mobile Firefox. ATS sucks in all three.
edit on 11-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I keep getting " service unavailable" and "Safari can't connect to the server". Also, a popup that says

http"www.abovetopsecret.com
[object Object]

I've tried about 30 times to refresh the page and it's not working, so maybe this post will never get
posted.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There used to be a small envelope that would "light up" when you had a message. Since it is gone, what is the message indicator?

I just PM'd you. It's best that you cant see it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I cant upload any images to my account.

The old interface was better imo. It was less fancy but more practical!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's working fine for me

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

That's not enough information to know what your problem might be.

What happens when you try?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

3 step process:

you click to select your image
you navigate to the image to select it, then click ok
then click the green arrow

If you don't hit the green arrow after selecting the image, it doesn't do anything. It isn't like the old one where you just located the image and it uploaded from there.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join