It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain sent poison gas chemicals to Assad: Proof that the UK delivered Sarin agent to Syrian regime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Britain sent poison gas chemicals to Assad: Proof that the UK delivered Sarin agent to Syrian regime for SIX years Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

British companies sold chemicals to Syria that could have been used to produce the deadly nerve agent that killed 1,400 people, The Mail on Sunday can reveal today.
Between July 2004 and May 2010 the Government issued five export licences to two companies, allowing them to sell Syria sodium fluoride, which is used to make sarin.
The Government last night admitted for the first time that the chemical was delivered to Syria – a clear breach of international protocol on the trade of dangerous subs
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I know , I know the Daily Mail... I feel the same about these guys as most of you, but this is an interesting twist.
So, according to the article British companies sold sodium floride to the regime, which can be used to make sarin.

So ,if Assad did use sarin (very doubtful) then these people who sold and knew about the sale, should be tried in a court of law.
If it wasnt them that used it ,then there should be no strikes.

Last night a BIS spokesman said: ‘The five licences were granted to two UK exporters. We cannot publish their names for reasons of commercial confidentiality. The end users were two Syrian commercial companies.
The quantities of sodium fluoride involved were commensurate with the stated end use in the production of cosmetics and there was no reason to link them with Syria’s chemical weapons programme. This remains the case

They are saying they believed the chemicals to be used in the cosmetics industry....Yeah sure.......

what a twist to the story, even though most of us knew western countries supplied such chemicals , there wasnt much proof.

Could the rebels not of got their hands on the chemicals ,and produced sarin. I am sure Assad has huge stockpiles of the stuff. Why would he need any more???

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-9-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

If this is true we will need to establish a no-fly zone over London and bomb Big Ben. Don't worry the French will help us.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

If this is true, which I believe it is at the moment. Would they not be able to be held accountable for the supply of said chemicals. Or maybe these are the chemicals the rebels managed to get hold of.

1 bit I found strange was

Last week it was revealed that the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) had granted export licences in 2012 – but they were not used to send sodium fluoride to Syria.

Why grant licences and not send the goods... Something does not add up....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This stuff makes me so mad. The "Powerful" countries get to have nuclear weapons, stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons (don't say they don't.) They sell that to god knows who and then acted shocked when it gets loose. Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Proof that the UK delivered Sarin agent to Syrian regime

Do you see what they did there? Classical Daily Fail...
Did UK gov send the Assad regime Sarin gas, OR chemicals which "could have been used" to produce Sarin?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I know I dislike them as much as you. However they do have some claims which seem to be true that does play an important part in the story.
We all know both sides have chemical weapons. Where did the rebels get the chemicals?? I am sure Assad has a large supply on hand, Could these deliveries been intercepted by black ops/rebels etc and they didnt cover their tracks very well??

Just a thought

link   

DOES THIS NOT PROVE ASSADS INNOCENCE?
he did not need to buy chemicals if he has stockpiles of the stuff

link   
reply to post by r0nsix

Just pretty much said the same thing in the above post. Indeed ...The plot thickens....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh, Dear Lord. It's not just the Daily Mail, it's the fact that people will believe this drivel! Sodium fluoride is a chemical used in many things - not least toothpaste.

Has anyone got the chemisty to show the ingredients of sarin and the link to sodium fluoride.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

German,russian,french,uk,indan and north korean a better question is who did
not sell to syria.

Many Western companies have since contributed to the Syria weapons program by selling precursor nerve agents to SSRC front companies. As far back as 1989, then-CIA Director William Webster said, "West European firms were instrumental in supplying the required precursor chemicals and equipment. Without the provision of these key elements, Damascus would not have been able to produce chemical weapons." In the early 1980s, the SSRC set up its first chemical munitions facility, called the “Borosilicate Glass Project.” It was equipped by Germany's Schott Corporation, one of the largest industrial glass manufacturers, which helped produce materials used by the Syrians for their weapons program.

On Sept. 15, 1983, a National Intelligence
Estimate noted that Syria was meanwhile "a major recipient of Soviet chemical weapons assistance" and that the country "probably has the most advanced chemical warfare capability in the Arab world.”

In 1992, a Damascus-based company, Setma, under the auspices of the SSRC, received a 45-ton shipment of trimethyl phosphite, a precursor to nerve gas, from a company in India, according to information provided by the Nuclear Threat Iniative, a non-proift organization with a mission to strengthen global security. A year later, Syria received at least 800 kilograms of raw materials for the production of an updated version of VX, a deadly nerve agent. It was sold to the Syrians by Anatoly Kuntsevich, an adviser to Russian President Boris Yeltsin on chemical disarmament and commander of the Russian Military Academy for Chemical Warfare.

BITIMES

edit on 7/9/2013 by skuly because: only seven trys to get the colour working

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Did UK gov send the Assad regime Sarin gas, OR chemicals which "could have been used" to produce Sarin?

What's the difference? Assad has chemists. They probably shipped via components to get around the "Oh we can't just send them Sarin gas law."

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Oh, Dear Lord. It's not just the Daily Mail, it's the fact that people will believe this drivel! Sodium fluoride is a chemical used in many things - not least toothpaste.

Has anyone got the chemisty to show the ingredients of sarin and the link to sodium fluoride.

Regards

I heard the other day that there is a ban on products that can have a double pupose.ie:fertilizer can be used for growing crops but also explosives

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What a load of cobblers. Sodium Fluoride is used for lots of legit reasons. It's like getting a stiffy because someone sold some lead that "COULD" be used to make bullets...

I really have seen it all now

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Story leaves a disinfo smokescreen aftertaste.

I can tell it's a reputable source because they are using a headline on the right side that insinuates Collin Ferrell is gay because they have a photo of him buying organic lettuce while wearing a sweatband on his forehead.
edit on 7-9-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

I wonder which politician has the agenda.

Former Foreign Secretary Sir Malcolm Rifkind also condemned the sale.

edit on 7-9-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

What's the difference? Assad has chemists. They probably shipped via components to get around the "Oh we can't just send them Sarin gas law."

Big difference.
In the end there's no proof Assad used that same sodium fluoride for Sarin production.

I'm trying to point out that whomever journalist wrote that title of the Daily Fail's article, is either stupid or with some kind of agenda. It just doesn't add up. By reading it, for them the proof that Assad has Sarin is because UK firms sent shipment of chemicals to Syria. Nonsense.
edit on 7-9-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
How is it surprising that accomplished forward countries... have their hands in the cookie jar...

Someone explain to me how???

Oh the humanity of it all, how?

See? This is the concept I have if TPTB.

OH, THE HUMANITY, HOW?

I would counter with, how not?

Cirque

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm trying to point out that whomever journalist wrote that title of the Daily Fail's article, is either stupid or with some kind of agenda. It just doesn't add up. By reading it, for them the proof that Assad has Sarin is because UK firms sent shipment of chemicals to Syria. Nonsense.
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

There is clearly an agenda and the title is misleading. But that is the daily Mail for you.
It is painting the picture that Assad was responsible and the chemical were supplied by UK.
However Assad already possessed the chemical weapons. As I stated above . what if the chemicals were for the rebels and what the DM has done is unwittingly uncovered the source of some of the chemicals used to make sarin.

The rebels do have sarin and have been caught with it in Turkey before. Where did they get it?....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sodium Chloride is used in making of toothpaste and in water treatment. It is also used in manufacture of pesticides and as a preservative. It has a molecular formula of NaF and it is commonly found in the form of white crystals.

www.ask.com...

Ats : As the propaganda wheel turns

lol

Maybe it's Assads white teeth that make people believe that he's some sort of hero here?

edit on 7-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Ok, you may well be right and it was not used for anything untoward. However it is still interesting how a large paper in the UK will try and spin this story and make it seem a forgone conclusion that it was the Assad Regime that conducted the attack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join