It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

ok, not sure if this has been posted already or if I'm missing something but it seems that I can't go to my last post in a Thread unless I was the last one who posted on the Thread! If you know what I mean??

Read the replies near the top of page 6.

This one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We just figured that out. It's a little different than it was before.

edit on 10-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I see there are a couple others who have noted it too.

If I remember correctly this was my Idea which was added to the old site and it worked brill!!

Ok cheers! , I'll take a look at your post!

edit on 10-9-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I really like this new theme.
It's really nice to see a change.
Not saying, I didn't like the previous version.
But, This one I can live with it.

thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yep, got it now.

Have to hit the 'time of post' not the actual 'Thread Title'

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe I need to get used to it, but it is really confusing and much more hard to view.

I'm not sure why the site was taken down when there were colors in the forum pictures a while ago, it looked perfectly fine and all the changes since then were less logical in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Basically, the only messages I get are from the staff so it may be a while before I get one. Just wondering, with the old version the ribbon alerted to new messages. What's the deal nowadays? Looked around and hadn't seen the answer to this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How do I stop these crazy pop-ups at the bottom of the site, telling me to go check out such-and-such thread? That is really annoying me....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ok figured it out it is facebook ? and the thing that birds do yip twitter and what ever the red thingy is

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I really like how everything has been explained and by just playing around with everything I'm very impressed!!

Great Job

One question; and I did try to scroll through and find an answer: What is the "Karma" meter? and how does it work?

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LIVE is back as a full-sized normal page. The pop-up window LIVE/Firehose is still available for members that prefer that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The pop-up is annoying those that do not care about the "guided tour", please rethink the method of promoting stuff... a simple dismiss button would serve to stop the announcement once read...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OK I am really trying to look around and get used to this but I can't understand how it is better - I am totally confused and reading normal posts is a chore now. This was totally my favorite place to read and write and now I don't want the confusing background to end all of the learning and fun.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why is it that when something isn't broken someone has to come in and fix it?
This new ATS platform is horrible. OK, that was the female in me, but just to be clear about this, the new format.... SUCKS!!!! We don't always need a new learning curve every 6 weeks just because you guys are bored and need something to do. When you come up with something new. stimulating and groundbreaking that will make our adventure here more fulfilling, then change the format until then just leave us alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I myself like the new layout. Just takes a little playing around to get it. No biggy really. I do have one question that I may have missed the answer too though,

How do I subscribe to a thread without commenting on it on my phone? I use a droid. I just dont have the same tool bar on it as I do the pc.

The only other thing I really miss is the back to the top button. That was very useful.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

onehuman
How do I subscribe to a thread without commenting on it on my phone? I use a droid. I just dont have the same tool bar on it as I do the pc.

There's not enough space for the same number of buttons. But maybe I can make it show up in landscape mode.

The only other thing I really miss is the back to the top button. That was very useful.

Okay... here's a question... why do you need it?

(think about it)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

ive gotten pretty used to the new theme. looks a bit neater. but im wondering if it's too late to ask for an autorefresh on the 'my ats' page like on the live.php page?

just for the right hand column that shows latest replies for subscribed threads.
edit on 11-9-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
LIVE is back as a full-sized normal page. The pop-up window LIVE/Firehose is still available for members that prefer that.

yes 'live' is essential. best feature on the site imo.

now if only we could get tapatalk or an ats forum app for android.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

filledcup
now if only we could get tapatalk or an ats forum app for android

I investigated TapTalk a few months back. None of the custom features of ATS were able to be supported. And because we're a custom platform, the custom integration process looked to be a time-consuming nightmare of poorly documented JSON methods and uncertain testing.

The mobile version is very "App-Like." In fact, I've saved it to the home screen of my iPhone, and after that, it's just like a native app.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

onehuman

There's not enough space for the same number of buttons. But maybe I can make it show up in landscape mode.

Okay... here's a question... why do you need it?

(think about it)

I dont particularly need it for my pc because I can just hit the home button, but it was a nice convenience for the phone instead of constantly scrolling back to the top. Little less wear and tear on the phone face.

I can obviously live without it, was just nice to have.

Thank you for considering a way to implement a subscribe button for the phone, Will be a nice trade off!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

hrm... see I top button at the bottom on my iPhone... let me figure out why you don't.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join