It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

klassified
reply to post by seabag

Sounds like a browser issue. What OS and browser?

Windows Vista.....Internet Explorer.

Everything worked just fine before the switch today.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

seabag
When I try to view my PM's the actual message on the right is so small I'd need a microscope to read it.

Browser/OS and screen shot maybe?

I was able to browse and select but there is no upload tab.

Is _javascript disabled?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Browser/OS and screen shot maybe?
I would but it's not allowing me to upload a photo.

Is _javascript disabled?

I have no idea. I don't know how to do that and it was working fine before the switch. How can I check?
[edit] Just checked. No, it is not diabled.
edit on 9-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Windows Vista.....Internet Explorer.

Everything worked just fine before the switch today.

Update your browser to Internet Explorer 9, if you haven't already done so. Then update your Java to the newest version. Here

I also recommend switching to Firefox or Chrome. Both are better than IE.

edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: add quote

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I am unable to select the desktop version as default, regardless of what settings I change, within ats and dolphin.

Trying to paste is now worse than it was with 2010 (and that was shocking) it takes 50 attempts to get it in the right place regardless of where the text input indicator is.

Aslo are there plans to include post preview on the mobile site?

King

PS this post took me 20 mins to write and its fairly simple. Posting anything more than this would take an AGE! Not much of an improvement if you ask me.
edit on 9/9/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/9/2013 by kingears because: censorshop from SkepticOverlord

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Update your browser to Internet Explorer 9, if you haven't already done so. Then update your Java to the newest version. Here

AWESOME! It works!

That's what it was....I had version 8.

Thank you!

edit on 9-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

seabag
[quoteUpdate your browser to Internet Explorer 9, if you haven't already done so. Then update your Java to the newest version. Here

AWESOME! It works!

That's what it was....I had version 8.

Thank you!

Yeah, IE8 is so obsolete now, some websites give a warning the moment they detect that's what you're using. 9 is a reasonably stable version. You should do OK with it.
edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: add quote tag

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah, IE8 is so obsolete now, some websites give a warning the moment they detect that's what you're using. 9 is a reasonably stable version. You should do OK with it.
edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: add quote tag

I spoke too soon. I'm still not able to upload picks....though I can see the upload 'cloud' icon now. It simply doesn't respond when I click the cloud. Also, when I open a saved pic it doesn't show me the pic, only shows the 3 addresses for the pic.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Did you update Java per the link? If so, try this...

Go to Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced Tab> Put a check in the box that says "Use software rendering". Then close IE completely, and reopen.

If that doesn't work...Go to Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced Tab>Reset(including personal settings) Now go back and set IE to "Software Rendering" again. Then open IE, and set your home page to what you want it to be. Try ATS again.

ETA: Also, if you are using toolbars(Yahoo, Google, Bing, et al) in your IE, get rid of them. Toolbars are the bane of the browser. They do nothing but cause problems.
edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: eta

edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: re-do directions

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's obviously a minor glitch SO, but worth reporting for when you get around to minor stuff later on...

In Chrome, the cursor turns into an arrow when you hover over the two outside icons.

In Firefox, the cursor turns into a capital i when you hover over the two outside icons.

The middle icon is a hand for both.

Just something for later on. All the icons work when you click them. So it's not a big deal.

ETA: Also just found out, Chrome won't let me log out of ATS. I'll try cleaning my cache.
ETA2: Clearing the cache works until I log back in. Then it won't let me log out again. Another minor issue.
edit on 9/9/2013 by klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

klassified
ETA2: Clearing the cache works until I log back in. Then it won't let me log out again. Another minor issue.

What exactly happens? I've been using Chrome on Mac and Win without issue. Do you get the confirmation when you select logout?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

recent post link/redirect is fixed!

edit on 9/9/13 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

klassified

What exactly happens? I've been using Chrome on Mac and Win without issue. Do you get the confirmation when you select logout?

Hmmm. Interesting.

When I click logout, the screen flickers, and still says logout. No confirmation on logout.

ETA: Could have been my browser SO. I just tried it again, and got the confirmation. Either that, or you're fast. Thanks for checking into it.
edit on 9/9/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

My only real question has to do with official limits on avatars and backgrounds... as mine now looks pretty bad.

Haven't found the answer yet but will keep looking. I like the layout... just a lot of rediscovery for a place I always felt at home

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
maybe it's just me.....but when i hover the mouse over features, they wiggle....
plasma internet, anyone, with a soul of its own. LOLOLOL

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

klassified

It's obviously a minor glitch SO, but worth reporting for when you get around to minor stuff later on...

In Chrome, the cursor turns into an arrow when you hover over the two outside icons.

In Firefox, the cursor turns into a capital i when you hover over the two outside icons.

The middle icon is a hand for both.

Just something for later on. All the icons work when you click them. So it's not a big deal.

Ok. In Firefox, the cursor now turns to a hand when you hover over the arrow, but still turns into a capital i when you hover over the yinyang icon. So that's half the battle.
ETA: Ahhh, I see. Only if you're on the dark side. On the light side, it's a hand.
edit on 9/9/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think a lot of us are gonna need to adjust our avatar once the dust settles. Until it does, though. I'm leaving it alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Mini-Profile background size, please confirm;

I get 200 x 428 pixels.

Everything else appears the same.

Sooner you get back to me the sooner I can get to readjusting member images that they have requested.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I’m on my newer laptop and things are working fantastic. I obviously have some issues on my computer at work (still can’t upload pix) that I will sort out tomorrow.

The new version is easy on the eyes and I’m very happy that my gold thing is still intact. My complaining is officially over! I’m a happy ATS camper!!

Thanks SO!

Onward!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Help.. Where can I find my recent posts...like on the ribbon that we used to have?

I was unable to get to the beta testing before now to test it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join