It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have a htc 4 g droid, sprint, if that helps?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I know the mobile version is simplistic for a reason and I mostly like it. I'd really like to see a ' preview of post' option. I think previewing before posting can eliminate many stupid mistakes. Please

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
SO, I do hope I am not the member to cause your head to explode.

Not envying the task - enying the effort and focus.

My message icon is now gone from the RSS buddy it had recently become friendly with.
I can access messages through the dropdown and was surprised to see a U2U; as I had not been alerted by an indicator as such. ( as per previous U2U alerts )

Do we now need to actively seek U2U's ?

Do you sleep ?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

EDIT: Answered- clicking the date posted to the right of the thread title on your list of posts takes you directly to that post, if anyone else is as thick as I.

Well, wading through I decided to just ask... how do you find your posts now (once you've arrived at the beginning of the thread- I got that far)?

I saw one reply where it says "just wait and it will take you to your latest post in the thread"... but I waited a while and ...nada... any help gratefully "thanked."

And if it's a few posts back... sorry.

edit on 9/11/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I noticed after I logged in this morning...that the (star) feature on my replies is not working; there is no way to add stars to my replies now; why I do not have a clue.

edit on 11-9-2013 by caladonea because: correct word

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'd star your post, but me too... on this thread at least... other threads are fine and star spangled... one more thing to learn, fun!

edit: I assume you're not talking about why people aren't starring you... or why you can't star yourself (heh)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

caladonea

I noticed after I logged in this morning...the the (star) feature on my replies is not working; there is no way to add stars to my replies now; why I do not have a clue.

You cannot star your own posts....so, no "starter star" will appear. However, other users will see it and can star your post. Once you get one star, you will see it and any others going forward.

Also, some threads (like this one) do not have stars enabled (I believe most of them in this forum are configured as such).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Baddogma

I'd star your post, but me too... on this thread at least... other threads are fine and star spangled... one more thing to learn, fun!

edit: I assume you're not talking about why people aren't starring you... or why you can't star yourself (heh)

What I am referring to is if you go to any of my replies where I have or have not gotten a star; there is no way to add or star me. I have noticed that this feature seems to be working for other people. I don't have a clue why it is not working on my account.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If I understand you, see Krak's reply above... the only other time stars don't appear, as far as I know, is when you're logged out.

But you're still one step ahead of me by finding your posts... I can find the thread from "posts" on the profile in the drop-down menu, but it takes me to the first page of the thread, not to my latest post and in threads of 80 pages it is a bummer... what am I missing?

Edit: And clicking the "date posted" to the right of the post title takes you right to it, as Krakatoa revealed.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Baddogma

If I understand you, see Krak's reply above... the only other time stars don't appear, as far as I know, is when you're logged out.

But you're still one step ahead of me by finding your posts... I can find the thread from "posts" on the profile in the drop-down menu, but it takes me to the first page of the thread, not to my latest post and in threads of 80 pages it is a bummer... what am I missing?

You have to click on the timestamp for the post to go directly there (see attached screen shot).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

caladonea

Baddogma

What I am referring to is if you go to any of my replies where I have or have not gotten a star; there is no way to add or star me. I have noticed that this feature seems to be working for other people. I don't have a clue why it is not working on my account.

Yes, we can star your posts....see screenshots below:

Recent post of yours (how I see it) before starring it...

Same post (how I see it) after I starred you...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I never thought a Krakatoa could be so helpful... thank you very much!

Edit: DUH

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
On the top menu are critical things members have been missing most from the old bottom-of-page ribbon:

The first icon takes you directly to your profile.

The second takes you directly to the posts page of your profile.

And the third takes you directly to the replies folder of your private messages.

These have been formatted to fit on wide desktops, 1024 (narrow) desktops, and portrait tablets. Due to space limitations, they will not appear on tablets in landscape mode.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sonnny1, bless his heart, redid my avatar to fit the new size requirements and sent it to me U2U. I downloaded it to windows pictures and to my desktop.

I have Windows 7, IE9, and the latest Java, 7.40.

I went to the upload section and clicked the cloud with arrow in order to get the upload palette described by Skeptic Overlord on Page 1. But what I got was a blank box, which had across the top a text box, a browse button, and another cloud and arrow button.

By using the browse button, I can get the path to my picture in the text box. Clicking the cloud button puts a box of fine dots around the cloud button and nothing else happens.

An internet hug to anybody who can help me out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, as long as I'm on it . . .

When I use the arrow to get the drop down tool bar, the last three icons, chat, the beer stein, and the fire extinguisher, do nothing when clicked.

Has tothetenthpower been messing with me again?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It's IE9 (Internet Explorer version) that is causing the problem Charles. I had the same issue and messaged tothetenthpower about it. It's something to with AJAX codes not being compatible with IE9. It gets to the upload screen and just generally sits there.

I upgraded to Google Chrome and also updated to IE10. A quick Google search can find both, just upload them and you should be ok.

EDIT: The hose and chat are the same problem. Upgrade your browser, it should fix all of the above.

edit on 15/9/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Dear 74Templar,

Thanks and congratulation for your solution.

In case anyone else is watching this, upgrading to IE10 had no effect, whatever. I had to switch to Chrome. Not too happy about it, but it's just one more sacrifice I have to make to be on ATS.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I found Chrome to be a lot faster anyway, it doesn't bug as much and uses a lot less memory than IE.

I'd stick with Chrome my friend.

(BTW, I'll take my hug now too...
)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

[[Big hug]] [hug] [hug] [hug] [[[HUG]]]

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

charles1952
In case anyone else is watching this, upgrading to IE10 had no effect, whatever.

If you click on any the following links/buttons...
- - - flag
- - - star
- - - down-arrow for sub-menu
- - - dark/light toggle icon (black/white cookie)
- - - search
- - - private message subject line
- - - live (in sub-menu)
- - - hose (in sub-menu)
- - - up-arrow at the bottom of the page
And nothing happens, you are running with some level of JavaScript and/or disabled-pop-ups while on ATS. A significant majority of the major upgrades to ATS requires JavaScript be enabled.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join