It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to do with myself.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I am finding myself home without my husband for the next 2 weeks, and I don't know what to do with myself. Sure I have plenty to keep me busy, but this is the longest we have been apart in over 12 years. I am perfectly capable of doing this on my own, I just realized that my best friend and sounding board will be out of reach and felt a bit lonely.

I have come to care for the people here, even the ones I don't agree with. So, naturally here I am, seeking out some company and someone to talk to for the next couple of weeks (chat doesn't work on my iPad & my CPU took a dump). I am bored, and that is a rare luxury that I apparently can't just enjoy for the sake of the peace and quiet.

Take a shot at me, or say hi, or just tell me what an idiot you think I am by my posts. I am throwing it out there to the universe tonight, rather than bugging anyone. I have to admit I feel a bit like an idiot tonight, especially with the big yellow " you are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example to our newer members and make every post matter" staring me in the face as I type this.
Who knows maybe we will even stumble upon a grand epiphany to save the world..... I know, I doubt it too, but at least this wouldn't be a waste of space then. It's chit chat for a reason right? Back to the boards!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Hi.

I wish I had something more interesting to contribute than just saying hi but I'm pretty much at a loss and just bored. Don't tell anybody but I just watched a video of a cat sucking it's foot, how pathetic.

It could be worse just imagine if we didn't have ATS.

Hopefully somebody interesting will come along soon...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

If there is a hobby you enjoy that you can never seem to find the time for... carpe diem! Errr. make that carpe twoweekem!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What happened to the new ATS interface? I swear it was working earlier today.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Too many people complained so they gave up and pushed it back.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbrotherdarkness

If there is a hobby you enjoy that you can never seem to find the time for... carpe diem! Errr. make that carpe twoweekem!

Yeah, that's the ticket. A hobby maybe.... kayaking or sculpting granite blocks.

Well at least we didn't watch that cat toe sucking video like gotya did.

woodsmom if you haven't gone to the latest joke thread give it a go.
The Emotional Saga of ATS as told by our friends "The Emoticons"
edit on 6-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Here's what I would do.

1. Watch every episode of "The Walking Dead."

2. Watch every episode of "Game of Thrones."

3. Watch every episode of "Breaking Bad."

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hi Wood,

Just sent you a U2U to check out a thread if you need company (respecting T and Cs) so will not advertise the thread here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses! As far as hobbies go, I still have berry picking and harvest time at hand. I also homeschool my 2 young boys and have an overgrown puppy! The house is just too quiet once they go to bed.

This new interface is kind of fun at the moment, frustrating too, but you never know which ATS will show up when you open it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hey thanks, it is the end of my day and I honestly didn't even think about it.
I hope you have a wonderful day Rod!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

Hey thanks, it is the end of my day and I honestly didn't even think about it.
I hope you have a wonderful day Rod!

My pleasure my dear.

Have a good time over there in that thread... start of the last day of the working week over here and looking forward to the weekend with mega anticipation (going to be lazy and just drop dead on the couch this weekend methinks with the crap weather that has been announced for France!)

Sleep well and as Cody would say "Angels on your pillows"....

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Heres some thing you could do.

You mentioned that you are feeling a little lonesome, which is certainly understandable if you havent been apart from your fella for any significant period in the last twelve years. When ever I miss someone, and its night time, I tend to go out onto the little balcony outside our front door, and spend a few minutes looking up at the stars, because I know that the person I am missing is under those same stars, that same moon, sometimes even looking at the same weather system at the same moment. The massive vault of heaven can actually remind you how close you are to the people you miss.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Read that which will go deep .... you have the quiet and the solitude to do so .. that doesn't happen often.

Recommended - Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron; Life of Christ by Fulton Sheen.
Both of those are thought provokers and you'll want to re-read them a few times.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I travelled in my past. Most recently, the wife and I would Skype. I would get to the hotel room and set up the computer for us to chat while I cooked supper (i stayed extended stay so i could maintain peculiar dietary needs).

She did a lot of sorting and cleaning type stuff. Spent time with her family (sister and mom live in town). worked some OT to make some extra cash.

But she would set up a project for each trip that she worked on. Made us a really nice back porch lounge that in the cooler months acts as a large famliy area (while I grill outside).

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I am finding myself home without my husband for the next 2 weeks, and I don't know what to do with myself. Sure I have plenty to keep me busy, but this is the longest we have been apart in over 12 years. I am perfectly capable of doing this on my own, I just realized that my best friend and sounding board will be out of reach and felt a bit lonely.

I have come to care for the people here, even the ones I don't agree with. So, naturally here I am, seeking out some company and someone to talk to for the next couple of weeks (chat doesn't work on my iPad & my CPU took a dump). I am bored, and that is a rare luxury that I apparently can't just enjoy for the sake of the peace and quiet.

Take a shot at me, or say hi, or just tell me what an idiot you think I am by my posts. I am throwing it out there to the universe tonight, rather than bugging anyone. I have to admit I feel a bit like an idiot tonight, especially with the big yellow " you are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example to our newer members and make every post matter" staring me in the face as I type this.
Who knows maybe we will even stumble upon a grand epiphany to save the world..... I know, I doubt it too, but at least this wouldn't be a waste of space then. It's chit chat for a reason right? Back to the boards!

So sorry for your plight! My husband travels-- sometimes 2 weeks out of every month. It gets quiet around here and I find myself talking out loud to the dogs, LoL... So anyway yeah, I'm here for ya!

Hey... also, banish the quiet with some of your favorite music from your yesteryear, and lose hours in all the rabbit holes on ATS that peak your interest. (Geez, that alone will make the time fly by like nobody's business! You'll look up and *poof* he'll be back!)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You sound like my wife!

Even with the advent of skype, phones and such, whenever we were apart, we'd write long letters to each other.

Might I suggest that?

You don't even need to deliver them (though it's a nice surprise where ever your husband might be staying) you could just give them to him when he gets home.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Wow, those angels you sent did a great job!
I closed my eyes and opened them to morning, I haven't slept that well in ages. Maybe I will get to catch up on my sleep too.

I will join you all with coffee in hand soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It makes my heart feel good to wake up to such familiar faces offering such kind words, especially after posting last night out of sheer boredom. I knew I would be getting to join an ATS crowd that I am not usually online with, but the reading suggestion reminded me of the Dead Sea scrolls encyclopedias that are on my top shelf too! Thank you! I haven't ever had much time to read through them due to lack of quiet time.

My husband will be so remote that there is no cell service, except maybe when he is at the top of the mountain. I hope he is spotting moose while he is up there though. It will be good for me, I used to get lost in research or wander for weeks at a time. The kids and my swissie make that tougher, but I truly love the chance at quiet reading time. I was hoping to go hunting this year too, but it just wasn't in the cards. This has eased the lonely, and got me excited for me time for a bit.

Beezer, bfft & TrueBrit, thank you for the wonderful suggestions, I don't even need cell service to look at the sky.

Guys, your ladies are all very lucky ladies to have you.

Ladies, I thank you for reminding me to take advantage of this chance. Sometimes we forget how to not be wife and mom constantly. I truly extend my deepest gratitude FlyersFan & new-here for reminding me how precious these evenings can be.

Besides how can I feel lonely with all of you guys here! Oh, and really, Rodinus's angels work wonders, I slept better than I have in ages, I just fell asleep browsing.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Beezer, bfft & TrueBrit, thank you for the wonderful suggestions, I don't even need cell service to look at the sky.

Guys, your ladies are all very lucky ladies to have you.

I keep reminding Mrs Beez the same thing!

She would write me letters as if she were in 1870 Victorian England.
It was fun, and made the time away seem like nothing. Keep smiling, ma'am.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was an army wife for 22 years. My husband was gone more than he was home. I got through our separations by spending that time doing things I enjoyed that he necessarily did not. For example, watching sappy chick flicks. I also read a lot of books, that I couldnt read when he was home because I was busy spending time with him. Do things you enjoy but do not get an opportunity to do when he is home.

I hope the time passes quickly for you. I have been there so many times and know it can feel lonely when your other half is away.

Hugs...oh, and I spent a CRAZY amount of time on ATS when he was gone. LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join