It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Groups Nationwide Unite Against American Attack on Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Well it looks like somebody is against Obama's maniac commie war hammer push.

Glad to see some unity for once.

Republican leaders in Washington, including Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), and Senators McCain (R-AZ), Graham (R-SC), and Corker (R-TN), are supporting President Obama's call for an American attack on Syria, but Tea Party groups around the country are united in their opposition to such military action.

Tea Party activists appear to be virtually unanimous in their support for the position taken by Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), who said on Tuesday the United States "should not serve as Al-Qaeda's Air Force."

Lynn Moss, co-organizer of the Mid-South Tea Party in Memphis, Tennessee, expressed a view held by many Tea Party activists around the country. Moss told Breitbart News on Thursday, "both sides of the conflict in Syria are enemies of the United States. It would be foolish," she said, "and self-defeating to involve ourselves in this already volatile situation."

In contrast, we now have a large group of Democrat politicians being told to 'Shut-Up Your Mouth'

Rep. Charles Rangel's (D-N.Y.) outspoken skepticism as regards Barack Obama's Syrian mis-adventure must have set off alarm bells within the administration, prompting them to pressure the rest of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) to shut up and sit down, perhaps until they're told what to say on the matter, if not how to actually vote.

“I haven't really felt that America's security's being threatened at all,” Rangel told MSNBC Wednesday. “Not even indirectly.”

Now we learn that CBC Chair Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) sent CBC members an email Tuesday asking them “to limit public comment on the issue.” The tactic seems to have worked, according to The Hill, as some key high profile and usually outspoken members of the caucus appear to be content to stay in line ... for now.

Congressional Black Caucus Told To 'Zip It' On Syria

Keep ducking the issues and bury your heads !!

Time to dig in deeper.

Somebody might hold YOU responsible for once in your life !!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Im glad the Tea Party is doing the right thing.

Really, no one wants this except the warmongers who are running the show.

S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Seriously the same idiots that backed Bush and WMD's in Iraq are now against military action in Syria. I am honestly at a point, where I do not believe anything I read anymore.

ETA: Breitbart is not an extremely good source, except for tea baggers.
edit on 9/5/2013 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ironic isn`t it? blacks have been fighting for a long time for desegregation and equal rights so that they could hold public office and let their voices be heard on policy making matters,when they finally get elected their own people tell them to sit down,shut up, and do what you`re told.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

BubbaJoe
Seriously the same idiots that backed Bush and WMD's in Iraq are now against military action in Syria. I am honestly at a point, where I do not believe anything I read anymore.

Ironic, the same people who were against War WANT IT!

I see more and more liberals falling back into history and trying to bring up Bush and WMD.

its 2013 guys and gals. Get over it......

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Surely you don't want us to bomb Syria?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What? Tea Party is against attacking Syria?

I thought that liberals said all Tea Party members are war mongers and racists. How could they be against this war?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

How is it that the Tea Parties out there have MORE common sense, then those who voted for Obama?

If this was ANY OTHER President, liberals would be calling for his head!

Hypocrisy knows no bounds, does it?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

sonnny1

BubbaJoe

I see more and more liberals falling back into history and trying to bring up Bush and WMD.

Seriously, I am a vet, I don't want war with anyone. Bush lied, people have died, for oh about 12 years now, and yeah it was because of claimed wmd's, that there was never proof found of. The Republicans are now the ones showing the idiocy, fighting against what their leaders have for years yearned for.

If you want to have a real, intelligent conversation, forget the labels, and state your point, other than that you come across as a partisan shill.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

What Tea Party groups supported Bush and his wars ?

Your good word ain't good enough this time. You need to show your cards when called.

The ultra Left Wing / Liberal agenda supports Obama 100% on this issue.

Get used to it.

Can you hear the bells ringing ?

edit on Sep-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

sonnny1

BubbaJoe

The man got us into the longest war in our entire history, and you expect people to forget that. Some of us are students of history, we don't rehash Rush's shows on the weekends.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Eleanor Homes Norton - "Only reason I'd vote for Syria would be loyalty to Obama."

Last 30 seconds is all you need to hear.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

xuenchen

BubbaJoe

What Tea Party groups supported Bush and his wars ?

Your good word ain't good enough this time. You need to show your cards when called.

The ultra Left Wing / Liberal agenda supports Obama 100% on this issue.

Get used to it.

Can you hear the bells ringing ?

edit on Sep-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

The so called "Tea Party" didn't exist when Bush declared war, but the same folks that backed that decision, were still backing him, when, God forbid, the country elected a black president. I am a pretty hardcore libertarian/independent, and when I hear the crap that comes out of the mouths of Republicans/Tea Partiers/Libertarians I cringe. These people that are running for office, really need to think before they open their mouths.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But Bubba the Tea party was formed after Bush was out of office.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

The man got us into the longest war in our entire history, and you expect people to forget that. Some of us are students of history, we don't rehash Rush's shows on the weekends.

HISTORY.

I guess the resigning of the Patriot Act, Gitmo still Open, Personal Kill lists, and this Syria fiasco is Bushes fault also........

You dont need Rush, or Rachel Maddow talking points to know this President is a disaster, and has been one.

Who needs GWB or his policies? Obama owns them now.

BTW, you didn't need to label the Tea Party "Tea baggers" but you did anyways.........

edit on 422013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Eleanor Homes Norton - "Only reason I'd vote for Syria would be loyalty to Obama."

OK there is at least one idiot on the left side of the aisle, are you seriously going to tell me there is not one idiot on the right side of the aisle. You guys have got to start getting your news from more sources than FOX and Breitbart. Seriously?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

BABYBULL24

OK there is at least one idiot on the left side of the aisle, are you seriously going to tell me there is not one idiot on the right side of the aisle. You guys have got to start getting your news from more sources than FOX and Breitbart. Seriously?

Yup - I think we found him...lol
just kidding
edit on 5-9-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

Seriously, I am a vet, I don't want war with anyone. Bush lied, people have died, for oh about 12 years now, and yeah it was because of claimed wmd's, that there was never proof found of. The Republicans are now the ones showing the idiocy, fighting against what their leaders have for years yearned for.

Add these 8 years of Obama to GWB's legacy. Hes supported EVERYTHING Bush did!

BubbaJoe
If you want to have a real, intelligent conversation, forget the labels, and state your point, other than that you come across as a partisan shill.

You mean forgetting the label of Tea baggers?

Intelligence went out the window when you started "labeling".

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh, you meant the Tea Party that was co-opted into the GOP Libertarian wing. Not The TEA Party that had the platform of responsible spending of tax dollars and decentralizing the Federal government from powers they didn't possess but assumed over the years. Because The TEA Party did exist, and they were all about not wasting money and soldier's lives in wars that didn't have a direct impact on the US. The Tea Party you are talking about came into existence around early 2008.

It is easy to confuse the two.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

"Maniac Commie war hammer"—I love it. Mind if I borrow that?

But, yeah: The last few years have brought us to heights of insanity I never imagined we were capable of. The good news is that the rest of the world is starting to see what we paranoid conspiracy nuts have been seeing for awhile: The magnificent US Gov't as the butt of a particularly odious joke....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join