It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry portrait of Syria rebels at odds with intelligence reports

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Kerry portrait of Syria rebels at odds with intelligence reports

www.reuters.com

"Left unchecked, I'm very concerned that the most radical elements will take over larger segments" of the opposition groups, Shedd said. He added that the conflict could drag on anywhere "from many, many months to multiple years" and that a prolonged stalemate could leave open parts of Syria to potential control by radical fighters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.indianexpress.com

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is another case of Kerry outright lying to the American people. He stated that the opposition groups were becoming more moderate, and democratic. But, our own intelligence is showing that the opposition is becoming more radicalized, by groups like the Nusra Front, which the article states is an offshoot of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Take this news, with the following link, of rebel fighters who are noted as being al Nusra...Nusra Front. These are battle hardened fighters, who destroyed 2 tanks, an APC, and eight soldiers. It is interesting to note that the article headline is as follows: Syria: Al Qaeda-Linked Rebels Target Christians

news.sky.com...

At no point in the article does it state that Christians were targeted, merely that it historically has been a city with a large population of Christians. It's a very sensationalist headline, don't you think?

So, we have rebel fighters, who our leaders are saying are being radicalized. These fighters are increasing their numbers daily by those linked to terrorist groups, and by men who have fought in Iraq, and Afghanistan. These radicals who hate Christians, yet they didn't target the Christians in that city? Not once does the article state they dragged Christians out, and murdered them. Yes, civilians died, as they always do in war. Yes, I am sure the rebels didn't care, but they were obviously after the Syrian military personnel, and not specifically targeting Christians. Did they just not have the time, or is there something more going on here?

Also, these are fighters who have more than likely killed our soldiers, yet we are going to become their Air Force? Why?

I just think it's interesting to look at what kind of news is coming out of this situation, and to look at it critically, and really see the underlying message here.

What do you think?

www.reuters.com

edit on 5-9-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Thanks for posting this.
The 'rebels' don't have any problem posting videos of their publicly beheading people that have their hands tied behind their backs, or videos of their leaders eating internal organs from a freshly killed Syrian Army soldier.

We are insane to back these people.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
This is another case of Kerry outright lying to the American people.

John 'Winter Soldier' Kerry has been doing it for decades.
I wouldn't trust him on anything.
If he said today was Thursday I'd go check the calendar to make sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have done research on the different factions in Syria, I have posted links and information on who is who in Syria, yes you are right, the government is lying, the reason is because the decimation and destruction of Syria by the private interest invested in the region is already in full gear, regardless of the truth and the hundreds of thousand and now millions of collateral damage in the regions, is going to go on schedule because that is how the private interest and warmongers wants.

I guess Iraq and Afghanistan prove to be very profitable, Halliburton, the Carlyle group and all the criminals that profit from war most be drying out the want more blood money in their coffers.

This is the thread with the information to the links of factions and terrorist groups in Syria,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the direct link to a brake down,

Syria jihadist rebels prepare for US attack

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Muslim brotherhood in Syria

www.dw.de...

Al Qaeda's potent force in Syria

www.cnn.com...

Warring Factions in Syria

www.timeturk.com...

We the tax payers in the US needs to become informed of what our money is going and what is financing in the middle east and we need to stop the warmongering madness that has taken over our own once for the people government, now is a corporate run corruption of interest

We need more threads exposing the real terrorist been funded by our government and allies in the middle east all for interest, promoting destruction and the lost of millions of lives so somebody can profit from blood

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

"I've heard that there are moderate groups out there we could, in theory, support," said Joshua Foust, a former U.S. intelligence analyst who now writes about foreign policy.

"But I've heard from those same people and my own contacts within (U.S. intelligence) that the scary people are displacing more and more moderate groups. Basically, the jihadists are setting up governance and community councils while the moderates exhaust themselves doing the heavy fighting," Foust said.

As anecdotal evidence, Foust cited a recent report that on August 22, four out of five commanders of the moderate Supreme Military Council had threatened to resign and work "with all forces fighting in Syria."

A video on YouTube shows the rebel commander who made this announcement. He is seated in front of an Islamic extremist flag, next to a bearded cleric clad in the religious dress of a Salafist militant.

www.reuters.com...
look at that date, august 22, less than 2 weeks ago,surely things haven`t changed so drastically in less than 2 weeks.
In spite of overwhelming intelligence evidence that al qaeda is the strongest and most influential rebel group in syria kerry decides that they are not, based only on his opinion that they are not.

A spokeswoman at the State Department said Kerry's remarks reflect the department's position,

edit on 5-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Turkey is very much involved in the transfer of weapons and aid to rebels in Syria as they also have their own group within the destabilization of the region, they are also a "big ally of the US in the region"

Turkmen Brigades

There are a lot of resistance groups in Syria but especially Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror and Sultan Abdul Hamid , Nurettin Zengi and Selim Battalions become prominent. While Turkmen fight against Assad regime, other part of the group maintain the order and safety of the community in the areas where PYD stands. Number of Turkmen fighters betweet 5 to 9 thousand.

From my source, look at the names of the people of interest, they have been supported by Quatar and Saudi Arabia, one thing is for sure Saudi Arabia and Quatar money is been running freely in Syria within the Rebels and it doesn't matter which group is the recipient.

edit on 5-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

In this thread i wrote about their plans going wrong and it does not matter who wins because both sides are not to the benefit of the west.
But i also found a video in which was stated that John McCain had his picture taken with a top commander of Al Qaeda.
That really makes me think, just who have the west been fighting all the time and where did those who got killed during the last wars died for.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

They died for nothing sir,The US government is the #1 ally of Al-Qaeda, here we have them in open support.
What is occurring in Syria is an attempt to draw in Iran, their hope is Iran will counter attack Israel and provide Casus belli to strike at their nuclear program, they literally want this to go regional, and it's going to be a massacre.
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Al Nusra may in fact be a creation of Assad and Iran to discredit the Free Syrian Army and an attempt to create a second front for the FSA to worry about. As it stands the FSA has been distancing itself from any formal contact with Al Nusra. If the FSA are victorious they may have to fight Al Nusra. Be sure that if the FSA is victorious that Iran will then seek to control Al Nusra to disrupt the new democracy as it is doing in Iraq.

The FSA has worked out a declaration of their political and social vision for a new Syria in this document.

Link

Hopefully this is a solid declaration.

A front line reporter for the EU Observer claims that the Al Qaeda as controlling rebel force is an Assad propaganda tool to discredit the FSA. The idea that Al Qaeda can only be controlled by the current Syrian regime and that the Western press is perpetuating this propaganda.

What is the FSA

Assad has done a great job in covering the fact that most of the FSA are Syrian Army defectors that started the resistance.

Jabhat Al Nusra Split over Al Qaeda Ties

edit on 5-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

That is the million dollar question, what it will take to bring Iran into the conflict to find an excuse to bomb the crap out of them, we all know that Iran is the last coin to be flipped in the Geopolitical wars of the private interest in the region.

I wonder how long will it take for the patience of the warmongers profiteers and oil barons to run short when the biggest prize is and always been Iran.

edit on 5-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

No i do not think that that is the case, Al Nusra is fighting against Assad and the syrian army and meanwhile also shedding blood among people.
To say that they are a creation of Assad and Iran is a fairytale.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Al Nusra is a separate revolutionary front even if there is some overlapping in the effort with the FSA. Their command structures are not connected. It is clear that weapons support could be given to the FSA without directly supporting Al Nusra/Qaeda. This idea that we cant support the FSA without supporting Al Nusra is a fairy tale. The idea that Assad must stay in power to stave off the Al Nusra is also another fairy tale.

This is why some are complaining that we should have helped the FSA at the beginning when Al Nusra wasn't a factor. Given time and a power vacuum the Al Nusra developed a foothold.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'ts hard to say but Iran already has thousands of troops on Syrian soil, and cells in the United states and Canada, Iran is not Afghanistan, It is not Iraq..
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have done research about the so call Free Syrian Army and I found out that they are no longer just citizens ex military citizens against the government they have been infiltrated by terrorist groups like Al-Qaida and Syrian Jihadist Rebels and been funded by you know already, the great American tax dollars.

Just another group been created to fool the American people into believing that is groups in Syrian looking for the well being of the people.

Just like Iraq and the so call "reliable sources of MWDs" to invade that country.

Is nothing but dirty, dirty jokes and lies but when the innocent starts to become victims is not going to look very nice anymore.

I guess people have forgotten about the innocent victims of collateral damage.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

That's what is been told to us for decades, since Bush Sr started the take over of the middle east, remember when he step back when he could have invaded Iraq at that time, and then it took more than 10 years later under Junior to do the honors, but is something else that we are missing, perhaps some research to find the real truth behind the waiting.

The take over and destabilization of the middle east is not new, is been in the planning for decades.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well we know for a fact that the Assad has one of the first named to list, back in the 80s, terrorists organizations supporting him in Hezbollah. Its ok then for him to use Hezbollah to fight the Al Nusra according to the propaganda machine. Assad also is getting heavy support from Iran and the western press. Are these folks in bed with Iran as well? So I should worry that SFA has some strange bedfellows?

Anyway my heart just bleeds for the poor man and his plight.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Russian President Vladimir Putin has called U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a liar for denying that al-Qaida was fighting with the Syrian opposition in that country's civil war.

Speaking Wednesday to his human rights council, Putin recalled watching a congressional debate where Kerry was asked about al-Qaida and denied that it was operating in Syria, even though he was aware of the al-Qaida-linked Jabhat al-Nusra group.

Putin said: "This was very unpleasant and surprising for me. We talk to them (the Americans) and we assume they are decent people, but he is lying and he knows that he is lying. This is sad."

Putin repeated Russia's position that any use of military force against Syria without the approval of the U.N. Security Council would be an act of aggression.

Putin calls Kerry a liar

This is the only thing I will post on the subject of Syria for reasons I cannot say. But....I ask you to THINK HARD ATS'ers.....

Why would Kerry and Obama LIE??? Look beyond just Syria. Look at Benghazi. Look at Egypt. Look at Boston, for crying out loud.... Look at bin Laden. It's all right there under your nose.

edit on 5-9-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Or they should not have helped fuel the fire in the first place, but they did.
They wanted Assad out in order to weaken Iran's position, but they have miscalculated and it turned into a bloody mess.
If there is an intervention, don't think it will be a small attack with no boots on the ground.
They have spend billions in training and supplying these socalled rebels with equipment to topple assad's regime, and they will not let it go.

Before this, many lived in peace in a secular country, no matter what religion they had, maybe Assad is not a nobel peace prise winner, but he certainly is not the aggressive dictator the US wants us to believe.

edit on 5-9-2013 by earthling42 because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No it's not, the UN has been unanimous that all lebanese fighters had to leave Syria, so hezbollah fighting and helping Assad was not ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join