It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama,'What I Am Opposed to Is a Dumb War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by [officials] to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne."

Gee how times change,

Read that ?

Take a moment. Read it again. Then read it again.

President Obama seems inexplicably to be positioning himself for a dumb war.

Yes he has. We must show Assad 'whose boss'.

A war with the highest moral aims -- saving innocents, pushing evil-doers, reinforcing a "norm" -- but with no backing from our major allies, no attainable strategic goals, no evident support from the U.S. public, and no apparent attempt to make Congress share responsibility for whatever the consequences turn out to be.

A war with the 'highest moral aims', 'saving innocents', 'punishing evil doers' would not be aiding and abetting Al Qaeda.

No apparent support from the US public ? Check.

Position to make congress to blame if the crap hits the fan ? Check.

Because the US attacks, there is retaliation from that attack. I can see Obama, saying 'Don't look at me, They did it.'.

Syria is a dumb war. It is the epitome of dumb, and dumber.
edit on 3-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
More like two 2 day Police Action.

Keeps reminding me of that old Cheech and Chong bit.

"Bailiff whack his pee pee"...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Lol. You think they will stop after 2 days? Once thwy arw in they won't stop. They are in for action and aren't spending all this money and risking Obamas legacy for a 2 day action.

P.s. the korean war was called a police action.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
the supposed Sarin gas attack by the Syrian Army is not the real reason for a USA intervention in Syrian airspace with or without approval of the Congress cencerned on the high-moral ground of a rogue Distator ordering chemical weapons use on civilians...

for some reason the 0bama led cartel of Muslims in governance of the USA Executive Branch have decided to involve the Congress in an issue that has been settled for some decades now ---the War Powers Act --

i really think there's a showdown going on between the Muslim oriented cartel of leadership in the Executive Branch, and the old-guard Banker Elites that comprise the Shadow Government including some of the WH Cabinet... even the Secretary of State is oblivious to the power rift at play...

the general roadmap of wars upon certain targeted nations are shared between the WH & the Shadow Government... but the methods and actors are radically different...
the commander-in-chief is playing the power structure elites

a "Dumb War" is fought over money, & the power & leverage of such, i.e.: the petro-dollar

but a Righteous War is to fundamentally correct history & make the USA 'pay' Its past karmic debt
~according to someone~ its a matter of modified Jihad

edit on 3-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

as for the actual scope & breadth of the coming bombing...
read my other posts where i tell of B1 & stealth bombers being quietly positioned in East coat bases rather than their normal homebases...
theres a secret play going on to put bunker-busters in these bombers to drop on Syria--- so much for the 'regime change' denial by the 0bama cartel in the Executive Branch, huh
edit on 3-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So now he wants to enhance the support for AQ ?

Syria has some real mean Russian weapons systems.

Watch Out !!

And what IF Israel launches an attack on an American ship and blames the Russians or fires on Russian ships too ?

[ Hmmm. I think they tried to bait Syria into 'firing' this morning ]

different story from supporters back then.
but it sure sounds 'familiar' today !!
"Obama's 2002 Speech Against the War, Delivered by Supporters"

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And what IF Israel launches an attack on an American ship and blames the Russians or fires on Russian ships too ?

Geez not like there is not a historical precedent for that.

But I wouldn't stop at Israel.

Considering the 20+ countries there anyone of them could do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Kinda sad really. From then to now. It's almost like he had a conscience, a brain back then. Now he sounds just like any other puppet. Even worse knowing where he started.

//sarc on//

Good thing we will be done in 90 days though. Plenty of historical precedent for those pre-combat timelines being drawn in stone. What can go wrong? Punishment due I say. The situation on the ground is clear cut, definite good guys and bad guys, and when has anything ever gotten outta' hand in that part of the world? Lead us to victory Big-O!

//sarc off//

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What boggles my mind is the notion we will strike Syria....and to what aim? We lob a few cruise missiles to prove we can? To diminish what capability? It doesn't make sense.....at all.....anyone want to try to make sense of just attacking to attack?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He can not be that dumb,

Let see who is waiting for US strick that will kill plenty of civilians and children and will take Assad out of power.

Syria jihadist rebels prepare for US attack

In theory, any US-led strike against the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad is a gift to the jihadists fighting to overthrow him.

The hailstorm of Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles (TLAMs) that is expected to rain down on Syria's bases and command-and-control centres - if President Barack Obama wins Congressional approval - would certainly hurt the jihadists' enemy, although perhaps not fatally.

Yet instead of being welcomed in jihadist ranks, the prospect has triggered alarm and confusion there and amongst other Islamist groups.

Many are convinced that the real target of any US strikes will be the numerous anti-Western Islamist militias that have proliferated in the two-and-a-half-year-long civil war in which more than 100,000 people have

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yes I can see once Obamadumb war takes over and destabilizes the country the different factions that move into Syrian looking to get power will move to keep the fighting then against each other.

Wait to go Obamadumb.

The Muslim brotherhood in Syria

Should the Syrian regime be toppled, the question arises who will fill the power vacuum left behind? The Syrian National Council (SNC) has acted as the international face of the revolution. But the organization has been unable to unite the various disparate rebel factions under one umbrella. The SNC secretariat convened in Qatar last week to try to agree on a transitional leadership should Assad's regime fall - but no decisions were made.

A major force being closely observed is Syria's Muslim Brotherhood. It holds the largest number of seats in the SNC and controls its relief committee - and thereby the distribution of SNC funds in Syria. The movement said it was ready for the post-Assad era.

"We have plans for the economy, the courts, politics," the Brotherhood's spokesman Mulhem al-Droubi told news agency AFP earlier this month. The group has stressed its moderate stance, saying it was committed to setting up a multi-party democracy if Assad was toppled.

www.dw.de...

The war in Syria has not started yet, but is coming and who will protect the people once the different factions waiting for US to take Assad takes over.

Al Qaeda's potent force in Syria

Al Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, Jabhat al-Nusra, is generally acknowledged to be the most effective force fighting al-Assad.

Damascus 'nervous' amid airstrike fears
Its fighters are willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause, are widely viewed as uncorrupt and are not involved in looting as other opposition forces are. A number of them are battle-hardened from other conflicts such as the Iraq War.

Al Qaeda's Syrian affiliate is also well supplied as it benefits from the support of Sunni ultra-fundamentalists in the wealthy Gulf states such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Jabhat al-Nusra, which means the "Victory Front," was listed as a foreign terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department in December and is essentially a splinter organization of al Qaeda in Iraq.

www.cnn.com...

Al-Qaida turns tide for rebels in battle for eastern Syria

In his latest exclusive dispatch from Deir el-Zour province, Ghaith Abdul-Ahad meets fighters who have left the Free Syrian Army for the discipline and ideology of global jihad

www.theguardian.com...

Anybody that believe that Assad was the one that actually gas his own people are a fool, Syria is full of factions of all kind that do not belong in Syria and they have no problem gassing and killing anybody in their way to power

yes Obamadumb you are going to do a great job in Syria the world will remember you for eternity.

More groups seeking power in Syria,

Free Syrian Army

''Free Islamic Movement of Damascus''

Syria Liberation Front

Nusret Front

Tawhid Group

Alternative PYD Groups

Turkmen Brigades

Refugees

www.timeturk.com...

No even Iraq was full of this type of struggles for power.

edit on 3-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join