It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are YOU so mad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

A lot of threads are just annoying to read due to the hatred you see in them.

Where?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Akragon

Im...

Im so confused...

Don’t be confused, little Johnny!

Just find something that YOU hate, surround yourself with others who HATE the same thing, then you’ll feel good about yourself.

dang, I think you may be onto something there.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Im...

Im so confused...

Don’t be confused, little Johnny!

Just find something that YOU hate, surround yourself with others who HATE the same thing, then you’ll feel good about yourself.

*as your dog jumps off your lap*

I kinda hate Fluffy!!

*runs over and boots the dog across the room*

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormdancer777

Where?

Are you being serious?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
I often assume that the hateful comments must be made by immature teenagers that have no communication skills and are just going through puberty a little late.

I think they are adults, shocking isn't it?

It is easy to be an anonymous bully, for some.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well you are the root.

At first there is contact with something or someone, and it does not have to have any effect on you, only when you are attracted to it in a positive or negative way will their be a feeling of love and hate.

edit on 4-9-2013 by earthling42 because: grammer

link   

I often assume that the hateful comments must be made by immature teenagers that have no communication skills and are just going through puberty a little late.

I think you’re onto something. I don’t think it’s necessarily “teenagers” but simply people who have a hard time expressing themselves in this format. We’ve all gotten to the point where we wanted to reach through the screen and choke someone. When a person gets to that point and can’t adequately articulate their argument they tend to result to personal attacks and hateful speech. We see this every day…not just on ATS. I’ve been “that guy” several times because I was getting destroyed.

You either get better at expressing your point of view or you get butt hurt often and resort to childish attacks. It happens…that's life.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I think you have made a great point here. If these discussions were face to face, the hatred would cease in the most part.

I guess cowards like anonymity.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

its amazing how intelligent conversation unfolds in the presence of a child...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I think you have made a great point here. If these discussions were face to face, the hatred would cease in the most part.

Not necessarily.

That escalation is how fights start.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think you’re onto something. I don’t think it’s necessarily “teenagers” but simply people who have a hard time expressing themselves in this format. We’ve all gotten to the point where we wanted to reach through the screen and choke someone. When a person gets to that point and can’t adequately articulate their argument they tend to result to personal attacks and hateful speech. We see this every day…not just on ATS. I’ve been “that guy” several times because I was getting destroyed.

You either get better at expressing your point of view or you get butt hurt often and resort to childish attacks. It happens…that's life.

Oh yes. None of us are perfect. But you do see the same names over and over again being hateful and abusive.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I guess those people are incapable of adult debate...that means YOU WIN!

Wait a minute!!! Are you talking about ME???

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Not necessarily.

That escalation is how fights start.

Sometimes yes. But the anonymity means no real repercussions. When face to face, I bet a lot of people would not dare say the things that get said here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Where?

Are you being serious?

It isn't any worse around here then it ever was.

this will explain it to you.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't say I've seen too much hate on ATS anything considered hate speech is usually removed by the staff. There are a lot of people looking for scape goats at the moment, projecting their hatred onto others. Others they consider to be bad or wrong, while ignoring their own short comings and dark sides.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Why do YOU hate people you've never even met?

Brave post, some people judge others and contradict themselves in the process.

But I want to be realistic, if I see someone on TV who says they have complete apathy, I hate that because the greatest thing I want for people is to care about each other. I understand that I don't judge people, it is up to them to think what they want and act how they want, but we need to recognize that we live in a world of fear and a world of love. The world fears itself and and loves its families, we need to greet each other and love strangers. So when I see the middle east and how they force women to cover their faces, I hate that because the females and now used to it in society and it is a complete ridiculous joke if you were going to have the above point of view. There is a reason why I have that above point of view - it is spirituality and I don't understand how you atheists think I'm wrong so enlighten me.

Now people love to press each others buttons to make them mad by saying or doing something over and over that the other person requests or begs them not to do. I agree time after time that even under these circumstances that it is like a golden rule to not get mad. People show you disrespect in society, don't get mad, people continuously argue with you when you have evidence of being right, don't get mad, you get cut off in traffic, don't get mad...

Getting mad is a natural and neurological system of events that takes place after circumstances, even while being pestered it is the ultimate goal to make sure this activity does not happen and to hide it from body language at all times if it does.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I hate everyone equally. I find that this drastically cuts down on my having to expend any energy on anyone else (and to be able to actually feel generous and magnanimous as a result of NOT doing anything) and it cuts down on confusion as to who it is that I hate, and who it is that I simply find repugnant in a more general sense.

I'm trying to simplify my life as I begin to edge ever closer to old age and the intellectual feebleness that inevitably accompanies it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I can't say I've seen too much hate on ATS anything considered hate speech is usually removed by the staff. There are a lot of people looking for scape goats at the moment, projecting their hatred onto others. Others they consider to be bad or wrong, while ignoring their own short comings and dark sides.

Well, you have a lot of room to talk, you and your sign>

I think what is lacking on ATS is humor.

edit on 103030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Some guy over there said he wanted someone to Drink bleach!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
whoa, something spooky just happened.
weird

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join