It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are YOU so mad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

I'm not a Vulcan here,I have emotions.I just STRICTLY control them to save lives.
Besides all these EMO kids are irritating. If I ever did feel a hate,the object of my derision would in all probability be killed.

True hate is an extreme prejudice and would be reserved for a lethal intrusion on me and mine
Angry is NOT hate.

edit on 4-9-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: remade my point for accuracy

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Missed that one.
, I find it amusing a character like Simon Cowell, can produce such a reaction.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Um ... that's not my quote.

Does it make you sad that I hate those people? Why?
Religious leaders say not to hate because then the evil in those people have touched your soul.
Don't hate so evil doesn't touch your soul.

I'm supposed to hate what they do .. not hate THEM.
But I'm not at that level spiritually to be able to always do that.

And right now I hate them for what they are about to do to all of us and to the world.
If all they did was something that effected them .... I wouldn't hate them.
But it directly hurts me. That's MY RED LINE.
It's not how jesus would handle it I"m sure. BUt there it is.
And I feel no guilt.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I don't disagree with anything you posted, and these forums always remind me of the control dramas we play daily, and why we choose the role we choose and how we can choose not to accept that role any longer

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's funny FF, but I don't feel the hate even for the world leaders, I am at an odd stage.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Um ... that's not my quote.

that...

Is my quote... from the OP...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Ok, now you've started, I hated that crumby David Byrne impersonator in that video you just posted. It's made me so angry I might have to make another sign.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it comes down to defense mechanisms rather than hate. I never like reading responses that include hateful comments to others - "your uneducated, idiot, "pick your religion" is delusional/freaks, etc. These people lose opportunities to not only grow personally but also to teach others, not to mention relationships they could be building - mutual respect required in spite of differences.

There is zero reason to call people names, and if done in a face to face situation people would look like fools. It's one thing to debate or clarify facts but to out go for a self esteem attack is a reflection of their own mental and emotional health.

I realize there are people on here who are more educated than me and people who have less education than me. I will sometimes stretch and post in forums that are beyond my expertise just because this is how I learn. Will be learning and exploring until the day I die so am open to being wrong or having opinions challenged. I also like going into forums that aren't even especially interesting to me just because I enjoy knowing how others perceive the world (am open minded and curious). I don't want everyone to think and believe like I do. That's boring. If it's a factual thing I dont expect everyone to know what I do (or they shouldnt expect me to know all they do) so why not respectuflly share knowledge. I suppose calling others ignorant or freaks makes those who are insecure feel safe as it further distances them from those things they don't want to associate with self. Its known as projection (if you point at someone three fingers are pointed back at you).

It also seems to be an online thing - disconnected. Again - if we were face to face (acquaintances or friends sharing info) it would be more likely others would seek to educate or be willing to debate in a healthy way.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
It's rather funny how much energy we invest to "hate", and give our powers away to someone or a certain situation that won't supply us with anything back (if not more hate). But I guess it's easier to hate than love, because society breeds more reasons to hate than love.

It is very complicated isn't it?

We have all these human emotions necessary for survival and we should suppress some of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormdancer777
It's funny FF, but I don't feel the hate even for the world leaders, I am at an odd stage.

Either you are numb from it all ... or you are a better person than I am.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I 'hate' people because of my ego and my personal perceptions. Anyone who influences change within myself in a perceived unwanted or negative way, garners hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Either you are numb from it all ... or you are a better person than I am.

I think I am numb.

When I watch the world and the people making the decisions, I am in shock, that's it I am in shock

Seems like a bad movie.
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I dont really "hate" anyone but I strongly dislike a few people.

I dislike self righteous people who feel the need judge everyone they come in contact with.
I dislike a couple people where I use to live because of how they treated friends of mine and well how they treat people in general. They are just nasty human beings who are honestly just a waste of space on the planet.
I dislike those who take advantage of others.
I dislike those who abuse anyone or any living being.

Hate is tossed around casually now a days just like the phrase "I love you" or even the word "love." I can think of many other words that are tossed around casually and aren't used in the right context. I mean we see the word "terrorist" used all the time to describe criminals yet by definition they are not terrorists, it just sounds more frightening and gets more views.

I was always taught not to use the word hate because it was meant to be a strong word. I guess today it's just like saying, "I don't like you." I do remember saying "I hate you" to my mom in probably highschool and I got back handed. Well I never said that word again. lol

I think with the internet many people take it as an opportunity to be just mean as they can be to others. I guess it's what people call "trolls." I see it all over the internet forums including on ATS. It's more rampant on places like Facebook where you can see various posts on so many different pages from people all over the world. Some people on there really scare me with how they think and act towards others. It really gets my blood boiling at times.

People hide behind their computer screen saying anything and everything they can to belittle someone. Yet they wouldn't have the stones to do the same in person.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Also, I wanted to add the oxymoron I feel between 'enlightenment' and 'hate'. Although I have knowledge of enlightenment and try to live my life with the mindset of enlightenment (everything happens for a reason, there's nothing you can do to change so,e outcomes so deal with it and understand why), I do still get really pissed off and impatient with people: someone driving too slow, the cashier being slow, people not thinking before taking action, workers not knowing how to do their job, etc..

I'm still learning how to go with the flow and not be bothered with life's bs, but it's hard.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Seems like a bad movie.

I understand. It's a disconnect.

When I first got really sick 3 1/2 years ago I kept saying that it felt like I was in someone else's nightmare and that I couldn't wake up from it. It was like shock. It didn't feel real. It took years for me to get that 'real' feeling back. So I hear you .... I get it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Humans are control freaks. They believe they can control what is happening. When people or things are not doing what they want them to be doing they freak out (not speaking about anyone personally - just explaining what can happen) - then there is irritation. The irritation and frustration manifests as anger and what could be seen as hate.
It stems from the belief that one has control over other people.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
One cannot hate people he never met. He simply hates how he thinks about them, and thus, in the process, merely hates himself.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know that state of mind where you know your country wants to start another false war because its bankrupt, without any drop of evidence to intervene in someone else's civil war? DESPERATELY lying on national TV to its "own people" like a cornered child who speaks quickly to just cover its ass...and get the ball rolling...

That WILL generate much hate from the American people. But is it only hate we feel? Is disrespect and disappointed not amongst these verbs that we feel? Maybe apathy? Dishonor? ....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
One cannot hate people he never met. He simply hates how he thinks about them, and thus, in the process, merely hates himself.

Nope. I"m really sure that I hate Obama, Kerry, and McCain. I don't hate myself.
I love myself and that's why I hate them. Because they are going to interfere with
my life in a very negative way.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Nope. I"m really sure that I hate Obama, Kerry, and McCain. I don't hate myself.
I love myself and that's why I hate them. Because they are going to interfere with
my life in a very negative way.

What if they are only puppets on a stage?

Would you still hate the man or only what he represents?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join