It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alarming Decline In ATS Page Views

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In recent days, it seems that there has been a dramatic drop in ATS page views according to the below graph.

ATS.com

While the metrics seem basic enough - accumulated clicks on various page view options over a given time period... yet the rapid decline falls alarmingly below a general upward trend for the month.

Is this the result of a statistical abberation, an algorithm glitch, other variables or a true reflection of page views??

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

If that lowest point is from yesterday, remember the rollout of the "new ATS" god-awful look/ version.

That was an assault on the eyes and insult with its bubbles, large print, and neon bad smilies.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
That graph reminds me of Time Wave Zero
But it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S. so maybe people are traveling or doing other things and just not online as much.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
NSA staffers gone for the long weekend holiday.

Problem.

Solved.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think maybe it had something to do with the increased traffic due to Nick Pope being here

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ahh maaan, you dudes crack me up

... and I was thinking it was something major - sheeesh.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I thought that was only for one day though that Mr. Pope was here.

It would account for the highest point though.

edit on 8/31/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

In recent days, it seems that there has been a dramatic drop in ATS page views according to the below graph.

Nah not recent days just last night after the new site was tried out

I'm still on it and loving it by the way

A lot of people had difficulty signing in and some just hated the change.

Like all forums ATS is transient to an extent by nature.

Last night a lot of people got a shock and left

They'll be back and get used to it like the rest of us, it's not the site that makes ATS so good it's the members, most will realise that when they try out other forums.

Just my opinion

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes, but the format of a forum is also important. The drop in visitors suggests that many people (including myself) don't like the new format, leading a large number to not return.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think it might be that the new format site doesn't feed into those statistics.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I think you just hit the nail on the head watchit

Good call

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I wonder what the graph would look like concerning T&C bans. This past year in my experience, a lot of folk got the hammer for whatever reason.

I think that the T&C's have a lot to do with it though not in a bad way I might add. People are so used to using text speak and vulgar language nowadays that they are turned off to be told that they must be able to discuss things in a civil manner.

As for the newer look, there's some things I like and some I don't. I'll adapt to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I took yesterday off. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Everyone needs a me day once in awhile.

But I have a question. I've read the threads about the new version and didn't see the answer. What does the 5/3 stand for? and will it be retained as the new web address?

The only 5/3 I know of is a bank. Wait a minute...ATS has been bought out by the banksters!
Joking, just joking!

I know, stop it TDawg, THAT'S how conspiracies start.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just looked at the new format. I like this format better. With the new format I believe, buttons are harder to distinguish at the top of the screen. There is no top button at the bottom of a thread page to jump to the top. Everything looks gray and black. I like the current blue at the top. Smily faces don't look quite right.

I don't know if there is more contrast and it's easier to see in the old format but the old format seems easier on the eyes. It's not a really big difference though. If the number of viewers just dropped yesterday, might be because of the holiday.

The new format does have more of what I would call a space age format look.
edit on 31/8/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

If you want to go to the top

Hit Home on your keyboard, similarly End will take you to the bottom of the page

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Kids are back in school. See if this trend applies to previous years around the start of school..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I find it a self deluded that people think that the users must adapt to changes that they dislike or do without, it is like they live in a alternate self centered reality.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
NSA staffers gone for the long weekend holiday.

Problem.

Solved.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I wish I could look at the new format again it wont let me in

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join